Eline name meaning
On This Page
What does Eline mean?
Commonly Accepted girl name Eline means "Noble, Nobility, Jehovah is God, Splash of the Sun, Shining, the Other or My God is Yahweh" used especially in Nordic, English, Finnish, French, Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian and Danish is originated from Dutch, Germanic, Greek and Old Greek.
Eline is version of outstanding and ceaseless Adelaide. Adelaide is version of long standing and pleasing Adela. Adelaide is French equivalent of Adelheid. Also Adelaide is equivalent of Adélaïde in Nordic language.
Adelaide's meaning is Of Noble Figure and Of a Noble Kind is originated from Old High German and Germanic. Eline is variant form of imperishable and illustrous Elina. Elina is resulted from Ellen.
Elina is a short form of Eleanor. Elina is feminine form of Elias. Elina is form of Eleonore in English language. Also Elina is equivalent of Helena in Nordic language. Commonly Accepted Old Greek Elina, meaning of Elina is "Splash of the Sun, Torch and Shining".
Eline is variant form of timeless and preeminent Ellen. Ellen is a form of HelenHelen. Also Ellen is variation of admired and enduring Eleonora. Ellen is also variation of Its Variants.
Ellen is also variant of famous and conifer Helene. Ellen is also variation of biblical and conifer Gabriella. Ellen is English cognate of Helene. Also Ellen is Norwegian cognate of Ellend.
Originated from Old Provençal and Old Greek, Prominent Ellen, Ellen means "Shining, The Torch and Form of Eleanor". Eline is abridged form of Eleanor. Eleanor is derivative of Helen. Eleanor is English cognate of Eleonora.
Famed Eleanor has its origin in Old Greek and Old Provençal, Eleanor means "The Element Eleos Which Means Mercy Pity, Variant of Helen and Bright One Shining One". Eline is effeminate variant of Elias.
Elias is Italian form of Elijah. Elias is also Latin cognate of Ilias. Elias is also form of Helge in Latin language. Commonly Accepted Elias's origin is English and Hebrew, meaning of Elias is "Variant of Hebrew Elijah and The God is My Lord".
How do I pronounce Eline?
Three syllabled Eline is pronounced as e-li-ne.
Variants of Eline
Eleine, Adelaide, Ellen, Elina, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Adela, Adelheid, Adélaïde, Adalayde, Alline, Aleit, Adelice, Eleonora, Helene, Gabriella, Ellend, Elen, Maryellen, Ellenmarie, Eleonore, Helena, Eleena, EleonorNames that rhyme with Eline
How popular is the name Eline?
Eline used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1900 and over 7839 babies have been given the name in 107 years. At the peak of its usage in 2016,.
However after 107 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position. Also, Eline was a common name in Netherlands. Over 897 babies have been named Eline since 2015.
At its zenith in 2015,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Eline is common in Belgium where over 5533 new-borns have been given the name since 1995.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1995, it ranked 14th when 375 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Eline is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 89 on girl names chart when 76 babies were given the name Eline. Over 875 people have been named Eline in Switzerland.
Eline is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 36 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 250 babies that have been given the name Eline in United States.
In England and Wales, it is relatively new, first appeared in 2000.
But an extremely popular name in Brazil where every 1 in 2000 have the name. As per our findings, over 140000 babies have been bestowed Eline around the globe.
Eline in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Eline
Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary. As a lover, you are passionate. You want to be the boss in every situation. You often make other feel like they are better than you in order to make them feel good about themselves. You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way. You are a humanitarian with a higher purpose in life. And that is to help others.
Parents who liked Eline, loved these names
- Tiffenn came from Greek, meaning of Tiffenn is "God or Luminous"
- Marlène - The girl name Marlène is originated from Hebrew and Greek and is used in Finnish, Danish and Swedish languages, Marlène means "Sea or Sun"
- Jevstachi came from Old Greek language bestowed upon baby boys which is used substantially in Russian, meaning of Jevstachi is "Stachys, Fruitful and Well-Built". Jevstachi is resultant of Eustace.
- Aleia - Commonly Accepted girl name Aleia is used in Swedish and Danish came from Old Greek, Arabic and Old Greek. Aleia is Danish cognate of Alija
- Jelena - Odd girl name Jelena is originated from Old Greek, Jelena means "Shining or The Torch" is chiefly used in Russian, Czech and Swedish
Middle names for Eline
Complement Eline with any of the celebrated and swashbuckling middle names assembled below.
View more middle names that goes with Eline.
Sibling Names for Eline
Choosing a name for your baby can be an exciting yet daunting task. If you've already decided on the name Eline, finding sibling names that complement it can be a challenge. To help you out, we've compiled a list of names that pair well with Eline, both in terms of sound and style. Whether you're looking for traditional or unique names, there's something here for everyone.
Sister to Eline
Brother for Eline
Famous people named Eline
- Eline Flipse, film director of documentaries
- Eline Eriksen, wife of Edvard Eriksen and the model for the body of the Little Mermaid statue
- Eline Jurg, Dutch bobsledder who has competed since 1996
- In 2012, Eline Kuppens portrayed the role of An in drama movie Weekend aan Zee.
Lists having Eline
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -line
- Girl names that starts with Eli
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Jehovah
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh