Edithe meaning and origin
Unusual and Orthodox Edithe's origin is Old English and German is used as a girl name, meaning of Edithe is "Prosperity, Battle, Strife for Wealth or Rich in War" is prevalently used in Swedish, Danish, Finnish and English. Edithe is a variant of prevailing Edit. Edit is variant form of preeminent and all time favorite Edith. Edit is Nordic form of Edith. Meaning of Edit is Battle, Strife for Wealth and Fight is originated from Old English. Edithe is a variant form of illustrous and ever lasting Edith. Edith is English cognate of Eadgyð. Edith means Joyous, Strife for Wealth and Rich Gift is originated from Old English and German. The name is celebrated on September 16th.
Variants of EditheNames that rhyme with Edithe
Popularity of Edithe
Edithe is a familiar baby name in France, it had been in use since 1900 and was last seen in 1966, during its 65 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1916, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 213 on girl names chart when 84 babies were given the name Edithe. There are over 2320 babies that have been given the name Edithe in France. Edithe is an uncommon baby name in United States, where it last appeared in 1937 after 27 years of use since 1898. Over 270 babies in United States have been named Edithe.
Edithe is a common name in Brazil while somewhat familiar name in Cameroon, Haiti, Benin, DR Congo, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast and Belgium. At least, 5000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Numerological aspects of Edithe
You are a good listener, and always give the best advice, especially when it comes to relationships. You are deeply related to the 5 senses. If the letter E is your cornerstone in your name, it means you are always open to new life experiences and adventures. You would put other people's interests and wishes before yours just to see them happy. You want a stable, deep connection with people. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious.
If you like Edithe, you would love these names
- Kapi means Monkey or Sun is used in Hindi, Telugu and Gujarati is used as a boy name
- Arn - Unfading and Preeminent Arn largely is used in Swedish, Finnish and Danish is a baby boy name is of Hebrew and Germanic origin. Arn is Yiddish form of Aaron. Also Arn is English cognate of Arnold
- Hippolytus - Used largely in Finnish and English, Hippolytus is of Old Greek origin is used for baby boys. Hippolytus is form of Hippolytos in Latin language
- Lucilia - New-fangled and Unusual Lucilia particulary is used in Swedish and English is of Latin origin used for girls, meaning of Lucilia is "Light"
- Oile is Sami cognate of Oili
Namesakes of Edithe
We could not find any notable namesake.
Lists having Edithe
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Prosperity
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Strife
- Baby Names that mean Wealth
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean War
- Baby Names that mean Work