Judith name meaning
What does Judith mean?
Judith's meaning is Praise, Praised, Jewish, Admired, Judäerin or Woman from Jehud is used largely in Icelandic, Danish, German, French, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, English and Faroese that of Hebrew origin is a gender-neutral name. Judith is form of Jutta in Latin language. It is celebrated on May 5th.
How Judith is perceived as a baby name?
Judith is a popular baby girl name that originated from the Hebrew language. The name means "from Judea or Jewish." It has been a popular choice among parents for centuries due to its long-standing history and cultural significance. Judith is a timeless classic that carries a certain elegance, sophistication, and strength that resonates with parents who want to give their little girl a powerful and meaningful name. One of the unique characteristics of Judith is its versatility as it can be shortened to various nicknames such as Judy or Jude, giving parents plenty of options when it comes to choosing the perfect name for their bundle of joy.
How do I pronounce Judith?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Judith as j(u)-di-th.
Variants of Judith
Yehudit, Ditte, Edith, Dorotea, Benedikte, Dieta, Jitka, Jutta, Juditha, Jutha, Deette, Edeline, Ita, Eadgyth, Otgunde, Eadgyð, Dorotheos, Dorothea, Benedichte, Benny, Benedictus, Benedict, Benedicta, Dietta, Judite
Nicknames for Judith
Possible nickname for given name Judith include:Names that rhyme with Judith
How popular is the name Judith?
Judith is an extremely popular name in United States given to over 453706 babies in 193 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1940, the moniker grabbed the 4th spot and 25209 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times Also, Judith was a popular name in Spain. Over 4100 babies have been named Judith since 2002. At its zenith in 2003, it ranked 52nd when 721 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. After 7 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 7 times Also, Judith was a popular name in New South Wales. Over 6372 babies have been given the name in 17 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1952, the moniker grabbed the 4th spot and 825 baby girls were given the name. After 17 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 2 times
Judith is a common name in France given to over 10483 babies in 119 years. The moniker is on fire on the charts, in 1970, 327 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 144th position. Also, In Queensland, Judith was once a common name since emerging in 1960 it has been given to over 1628 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1960,. After 13 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Judith used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 1937 and over 2430 babies have been given the name in 20 years. When at its peak in 1938,. After 20 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 11 times
Judith is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 717 on girl names chart when 32 babies were named Judith. There are over 368 babies that have been given the name Judith in England and Wales. Also, in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1968, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 127 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Judith. Over 816 babies in Ireland have been named Judith. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 230 on girl names chart when 47 babies were named Judith. There are over 661 babies that have been given the name Judith in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Judith is extremely popular in Uganda where every 1 in 400 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Tanzania, Philippines, Mexico, England, DR Congo, Zambia, Nigeria, Kenya, Germany, Netherlands, Malawi, Angola, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Cameroon, Venezuela, Rwanda, South Africa, Burundi, Congo, Haiti, Chad, Canada, Australia, Madagascar, Switzerland, Ecuador, Chile, Sudan, Bolivia, Mozambique, Austria, Argentina, Benin, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Togo, Wales, Dominican Republic and Guatemala. At least, 2250000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Judith in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Judith
You are a good speaker who knows what to say to motivate people. Sincerity is something you respect and practice. You don't even use your intuition when it comes to important life decisions. You are a determinate fellow. You lack self-esteem and without it, you can't do anything. You are born to be a singer, writer, actor, model, or a public speaker. You have the reputation of making the same mistake twice and not following your heart, is what letter H as your capstone says about you.
Do you like Judith? Read these names too
- Howard - Famed and Ever lasting unisex name Howard means "High Guard or Watchman". Its origin is in Old English, German and Old Norse is used particulary in English, Finnish and Swedish. In 1993, widespread name Howard reached 498th position among boy names in United States
- Krystal - Krystal's meaning is Crystal or Follower of Christ is of English origin, a unisex name is largely used in Danish and Norwegian
- Kate - Used predominantly in Danish, Swedish and Gujarati unfading and commonly accepted, Kate means "Blessed, Beauty or Torture" is originated from Old Greek is used for both genders
- Tammy - Origin of Trendy Tammy is in Hebrew, English and Aramaic languages is used as a gender-neutral name which is especially used in Hebrew and English, meaning of Tammy is "Date Palm, Twin or Perfect One"
- Anita - Eternal and Famed Anita mainly is used in Scandinavian, Sanskrit and Malayalam, meaning of Anita is "He (God) Was Gracious, Leader or Who Takes Pleasure In New Joys" has its origin in Hebrew is a unisex name
Middle names for Judith
These are the endearing and new middle names that we love for the name Judith.
View more middle names that goes with Judith.
Famous people named Judith
- Judith Reisman, American conservative author
- Judith Fitzgerald, Canadian poet and journalist
- Judith Wilcox, Baroness Wilcox, parliament
- Judith Lieberman, , wife of Jewish religious scholar Saul Lieberman
- Judith Miller, French psychoanalyst, born in Antibes
- Judith Tarr, American fantasy and science fiction author
- Judith Hann, broadcaster and writer specialising in science
- Judith Levine, American author, journalist, civil libertarian and co-founder of the National Writers Union
- Judith Barcroft, American Broadway and soap opera actress
- Judith Palfrey, T. Berry Brazelton Professor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School and the author of 'Community Child Health: An Action Plan for Today' and 'Child Health In America: Making A Difference Through Advocacy'
- Judith Alice Clark, American activist and convicted felon
- Judith of Bavaria, daughter of Count Welf of Bavaria and Saxon noblewoman
- Judith Warner, American writer
- Judith Thompson, Canadian playwright who lives in Toronto, Ontario
- Judith Meierhenry, former Associate Justice and the first woman to serve on the South Dakota Supreme Court
- Judith Weir, British composer and Master of the Queen's Music
- Judith Michael, pseudonym of the husband-and-wife writing team of Judith Barnard and Michael Fain
- Judith Hauptman, Jewish feminist Talmudic scholar
- Judith of Lens, niece of William the Conqueror
- Judith Haspel, swimming champion
- Judith Estrin, serial entrepreneur
- Judith Barker, English actress, best
- Judith LeClair, American bassoonist
- Judith Craig, retired American bishop of the United Methodist Church
- Judith Grace González, Mexican television personality and former Señorita México
- Judith Burmeister, German singer
- Judith Jacob, British actress best
- Judith Vollmer, American poet and editor
- Judith Ingolfsson, violinist
- Judith Huxley, American food columnist for 'The Washington Post'
- Judith Shapiro, former President of Barnard College
- Judith Berrisford, British writer of children's pony stories which are very similar to those of the Pullein-Thompson sisters
- Judith Blegen, American soprano
- Judith Zeidler, German world champion rower and Olympic gold and bronze medalist
- Judith Plaskow, is Professor of Religious Studies at Manhattan College
- Judith Mappin, Canadian businesswoman and philanthropist
- Judith Skelton Grant, Canadian writer, editor and biographer
- Judith Skillman, award-winning contemporary northwest American poet and the author of eighteen books of verse
- Judith Mok, Dutch soprano, author and poet
- Judith McConnell, American actress, best
- Judith Walzer Leavitt, American historian
- Judith Jamison, American dancer and choreographer
- Judith Butler, American philosopher and gender theorist whose work has influenced political philosophy
- Judith Resnik, American electrical engineer, software engineer
- Judith Donath, fellow at Harvard's Berkman Center
- Judith Rich Harris, American psychology researcher and the author of 'The Nurture Assumption'
- Judith Jarvis Thomson, American moral philosopher
- Judith N. Shklar, political theorist
- Judith Goslin Hall, pediatrician
- Judith Bleich, professor of Judaic studies at Touro College
- Judith of Poland, Polish princess member of the House of Piast and by marriage Margravine of Brandenburg
- Judith of Swabia, youngest daughter of Emperor Henry III
- Judith Godrèche, French actress and author
- Judith Durham, Australian singer and musician
- Judith Wright, Australian poet
- Judith Martin, American journalist, author
- Judith Giuliani, American registered nurse
- Judith Cutler, writer of crime fiction whose novels are mostly in series: ten
Lists having Judith
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1964)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1969)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1972)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1957)
- Baby Names that mean Praise
- Baby Names that mean Praised
- Baby Names that mean Admired
- Baby Names that mean Women
- Baby Names that mean Woman