Adeline name meaning
On This Page
What does Adeline mean?
In demand Mainstream and Loved unisex name Adeline is used primarily in English, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish and French, meaning of Adeline is "Noble, Nobility, Kind, Brightness, Sweet or Honorable" is originated from Old High German and Germanic..
Adeline is English and French equivalent of Adela. Also Adeline is English equivalent of Adelaide. The name is celebrated on 20th of October.
Is Adeline a suitable baby name?
Adeline is a classic and elegant name that has been gaining popularity in recent years. It exudes charm and grace, making it an excellent choice for parents who want to give their baby girl a name that is timeless yet unique.
Adeline has a certain sophistication to it, perhaps due to its German origin meaning "noble." It also has a soft and gentle sound that evokes feelings of warmth and tenderness. Overall, Adeline is a beautiful name with a delicate balance of strength and femininity, making it an excellent option for any little girl.
How do I pronounce Adeline?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Adeline is add-ah-lin. The other ways to say the name are add-ah-line, a-deli-ne or ad(e)-line.
Variants of Adeline
Adalene, Adalia, Adela, Edeline, Edith, Adelene, Adelaide, Adele, Adalaide, Adelise, Adalie, Adell, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Adelheid, Adélaïde, Adalayde, Alline, Aleit, Eline, Adelice, Adaliene, Adahlia, Edelyn, Ditte, Ita, Eadgyth, Otgunde, Eadgyð, Adéle, Udele, Adaleide, Adalida, Adalye, Addell, Aidaliz, Adaleiz, Adalheid, Lettie, Aleida, Adalhaid, Allynn, Aileen, Alana, Alina, Aline, Eleine, Ellen, Elina, Eleonore, Alice
Nicknames for Adeline
Check out these nickaname options for baby name Adeline:Names that rhyme with Adeline
How popular is the name Adeline?
Adeline is a popular in United States where over 58649 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At its zenith in 2016, it ranked 63rd when 4103 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 3 times Also, Adeline was a popular name in France. Over 54308 babies have been named Adeline since 1900.
When at the peak of its usage in 1991, 3221 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 28th position. However after 119 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 15 times
Adeline is common in England and Wales where over 561 new-borns have been given the name since 1997.
When at the peak of its usage in 2017, 124 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 370th position. Also, Adeline used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 926 babies have been given the name in 24 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1995,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Adeline is a familiar baby name in New South Wales, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2018, 77 babies were given Adeline and it reached its peak ranking, 90 on girl names chart. Also, in Queensland, in just 2 years, it has made it to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2018, 74 babies were given Adeline and it reached its peak ranking, 70 on girl names chart. Over 131 babies in Queensland have been named Adeline. Also, in Victoria, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2018, 58 babies were given Adeline and it reached its peak ranking, 95 on girl names chart.
Adeline is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, although it has been in use since 1965 but could not make beyond the top 300.
Over 118 babies in Ireland have been named Adeline. Also, it is among the top 400 girl names in Switzerland. There are over 148 babies that have been given the name Adeline in Switzerland.
Adeline is a rare baby name in New South Wales still in use today and also in Queensland. There are over 131 babies that have been given the name Adeline in Queensland.
and also in Victoria. But Adeline is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Chad, Cameroon, Haiti, Rwanda, Madagascar, Malaysia and Burkina Faso.
At least, 240000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Adeline in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Adeline?
Unfortunately, you are not a keeper because you don't know how to love a person. Travelling is your passion. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. You are afraid of falling in love deeply and get betrayed by the person you love. You like to be in charge of your life and can't stand bossy people. You need to communicate with people in order to expand your knowledge and widen your perspective.
Looking for names similar to Adeline? Please go through the following names
- Marguerite - Especially used in Finnish, Danish and French languages widely accepted and unfading, Marguerite means "The Pearl" and a unisex name is originated from English and Old Greek. On the list of baby girl names, well-liked Marguerite ranked 500 in year 1965 in United States
- Abigail - Abigail's meaning is Father's Joy or Father Hath Rejoiced is a unisex name has its roots in Hebrew is used in English and Danish
- Jeremiah - Eminent and Perpetual Jeremiahs origin is Hebrew is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Jeremiah is "Yahwe Uplifts, Exalted of the Lord or God will Uplift" is used in English and Hungarian
- Maya - Acclaimed and Leading Skyrocketing unisex name Maya is rooted from Sanskrit and Hebrew which is dominantly used in Sikh and Arabic languages, meaning of Maya is "Illusion or Striving"
- Selena - Widespread and All time favorite Selena has its origin in Old Greek language is used notably in Gujarati, English and Norwegian, Selena means "Moon" is used as a gender-neutral name
Middle names for Adeline
We've compiled a list of the familiar and sweet middle names for Adeline below.
View more middle names that goes with Adeline.
Sibling Names for Adeline
Adeline is a beautiful name, which has been popular for centuries! Here are some sibling names that match perfectly with Adeline:
Names for Adeline's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Adeline
- Adeline Hazan, French politician,
- Adeline Genée, Danish/British ballet dancer
- Adeline Pond Adams, American writer and the wife of Herbert Adams
- Adeline Yzac, author who writes in both Occitan and French
- Adeline Yen Mah, Chinese-American author and physician
- Adeline Dutton Train Whitney, American poet and prolific writer
- Adeline Miller, and prostitute
- Adeline André, French fashion designer and the head of one of the ten haute couture design houses
- Adeline Wuillème, French foil fencer
- Adeline Canac, French pair skater
- Adeline Geo-Karis, Republican politician and a member of the Illinois Senate for the 31st District
- Adeline D'Hermy in Yves Saint Laurent as Actress
- Adeline Abitbol acted in movie Lost in New York
- Adeline de La Croix, from 1918 drama film Vendémiaire, who portrayed Mme de Castelviel.
Lists having Adeline
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -eline
- Girl names that starts with Ade
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1999)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (1995)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Brightness
- Baby Names that mean Sweet
- Baby Names that mean Honorable