Gretchen name meaning
What does Gretchen mean?
Gretchen's meaning is The Pearl is particulary used in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, English and German. It is rooted from Old Greek is aimed at both genders. Gretchen is variant form of virtuous, preeminent and everlasting Greta. Greta is a short of Marguerite. Greta is equivalent of Margaret in Austrian and German languages. Also Greta is German cognate of Margreta. Greta means Child of Light and A Pearl is rooted from Old Greek.. The name is celebrated on November 16.
How do I pronounce Gretchen?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Gretchen is g-ret-chen. It can also be pronounced as gr(e)-tchen.
Variants of Gretchen
Gretchin, Greta, Margaret, Margreta, Ghita, Greet, Marguerite, Margarita, Griet, Grieta, Margaux, Mamie, Tita, Margueritte, Annemargaret, Margareta, Magreta, Margarit, GritNames that rhyme with Gretchen
How popular is the name Gretchen?
Gretchen was a popular name in United States. Over 53446 babies have been named Gretchen since 1882. At its zenith in 1973, 1350 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 191st position. However after 143 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names an amazing 77 times Gretchen is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today.
Gretchen is a rare baby name in Ireland and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 1981. But Gretchen is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 5000 have the name. According to our estimate, over 100000 babies have been named Gretchen globally.
Gretchen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Gretchen?
Stop being so kind and show people their place in your life. People admire you for your honesty but they also fear what you have to say about their life. Failure motivates you. Number 1 reveals your positive attitude and originality. Expressing your emotions is what you are good at. Your persistence is what got you where you are in first place. Your decision to keep fighting for things even when they're falling apart sometimes ruins self-confidence.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Gretchen
- Arris means Are came from Old Greek is used for both genders. Arris is derived from Aris.
- Diomède - Boy name Diomède is rooted from Old Greek and is notably used in French language, meaning of Diomède is "Thought of Zeus"
- Kali - Prevalent unisex name Kali is prevalently used in Bengali, Sanskrit and Telugu, Kali means "The Black One or Black" is rooted from Old Greek and Sanskrit
- Joviana - Joviana's meaning is Zeus is a girl name has its roots in Old Greek is used in Spanish
- Philomele - Meaning of Philomele is Friend of Song or Too: the Lovers is used mainly in Greek
Middle names for Gretchen
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Gretchen, we've got you covered with these familiar and lovely middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Gretchen.
Sibling Names for Gretchen
If you've chosen the name Gretchen for your baby girl, congratulations! Now it's time to consider some adorable names for her siblings that will complement her name perfectly. Here are some wonderful options to help you choose the perfect sibling names for your little bundle of joy.
For a sister
Names for Gretchen's brother
Famous people named Gretchen
- Gretchen Cryer, American playwright, lyricist, and actress
- Gretchen Morgenson, American
- Gretchen Malalad, Filipina 2005 Southeast Asian Games karate gold medalist and a former beauty pageant contestant
- Gretchen Oehler, American actress
- Gretchen Dykstra, founding President and CEO of the National 9/11 Memorial and Museum Foundation
- Gretchen Massey, Los Angeles-based radio host and performer
- Gretchen Rau, professional property master, set decorator
- Gretchen Rubin, American author, blogger and speaker
- Gretchen Mol, American actress and former model
- Gretchen Franklin, English actress and dancer with a career
- Gretchen Wilson, American country music artist
- Gretchen Bleiler, American professional halfpipe snowboarder
- Gretchen Phillips, American singer-songwriter
- Gretchen Polhemus, American actress and beauty pageant titleholder
- Gretchen Carlson, American television commentator and author and the chairwoman of the Miss America board of directors
- Gretchen, Brazilian singer and reality television personality
- Gretchen Peters, American singer and songwriter
- Gretchen Rush, former professional tennis player
- Gretchen Brewin, Politician
- Gretchen Corbett, American actress
- Gretchen Whitmer, American politician and prosecutor
- Gretchen Wyler, American actress and dancer
- Gretchen Fraser, alpine ski racer
- Gretchen Albrecht, New Zealand painter and sculptor
- Gretchen, female-fronted alternative rock band
- Gretchen Barretto, Filipina actress from the Philippines
- Gretchen Parlato, American jazz singer
- Gretchen Merrill, American figure skater
- Gretchen Egolf, American theater, film and television actress
- Gretchen Wiese in No Reservations as Actress
- Gretchen Clinton in Confessions of a Lap Dancer as Actress
- Gretchen Krull in Infamous as Actress
- Gretchen Frazier in Naked News as Actress
- Gretchen J. Berg in Valentine as Writer
- Gretchen Cordy in Prepared to Survive as
- Gretchen Voeth in Beaver, the Sheep Dog as Actress
- Gretchen Davis in WALL·E as Make-Up Department
- Gretchen Krich portrayed leading character of Mother in 2006 comedy and drama film Brand Upon the Brain! A Remembrance in 12 Chapters.
- Gretchen Lederer portrayed significant role of Mrs. Elder - the Broker's Wife in 1915 mystery film Lord John in New York.
- Gretchen O'Neil portrayed critical role of Pam in 1998 comedy flick Fighting Gravity.
- In 2006, Gretchen Bieber portrayed the role of Jo Dunmore in drama and mystery flick Down the Road.
- Gretchen Janke, from 2000 action, comedy movie The Cheapest Movie Ever Made, who characterized Dead Lady, Rental Girl, News Anchor Women.
- Gretchen Akers, from 2005 horror movie Back Slash, who characterized the Martha King.
Lists having Gretchen
- Boys names beginning with G
- Girls names beginning with G
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Pearl