Kali name meaning
What does Kali mean?
Illustrous Kali is used notably in Gujarati, Sanskrit, Bengali, English, Hindi, Sindhi, Telugu, Indian, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi and Oriya, Kali means "Bud, Graceful, Beautiful, Artistic, The Dark One, A Bud, Goddess Parvati, The Great Goddess or A Form of Durga", a gender insensitive name is rooted from Old Greek and Sanskrit. Kali is English cognate of Callie. Also Kali is form of Kalyca in English language.
Is Kali a suitable baby name?
Kali is a unique and distinctive name that has gained popularity in recent years. It is typically given to baby girls and has its origins in the Sanskrit language. The name Kali has multiple meanings, including "the black one," "time," and "The Divine Mother." This makes it a versatile choice for parents looking for a strong and meaningful name for their daughter. The name Kali also carries with it a sense of power and strength, which is fitting given its association with the goddess of destruction and regeneration in Hindu mythology. Overall, choosing the name Kali for your baby girl will give her a special identity that stands out from the crowd while also reflecting her inner strength and beauty.
How do I pronounce Kali?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Kali is kahl-ee. It can also be pronounced as k(a)-li.
Variants of Kali
Kalea, Kalirose, Callie, Calixtus, Callistus, Callixtus, Calandra, Calee, Kalika, Kaleah, Calistus, CalandreNames that rhyme with Kali
How popular is the name Kali?
Kali was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1957 around 25213 babies have been given the name. At its zenith in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 262nd spot and 1252 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 109 years. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 22 times Kali is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 995 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Kali. Over 390 people have been named Kali in England and Wales. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1971 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 930 on girl names chart when 49 babies were named Kali. There are over 674 babies that have been given the name Kali in France.
Kali is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. And also in Belgium. However things change on global perspective, Kali is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 4000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh. As per our evaluation, over 420000 people has been named Kali globally.
Numerological analysis of Kali
Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary. You will come to see that you are better without those who hurt you. You are dominant when it comes to relationships. You are in a good place right now and love life. You can handle being on your own but you prefer to be surrounded by people you love and respect. You can easily get turned off by a person's reckless behavior or bad habits. Changes don't represent a problem for you. On the contrary, you are all about change.
Other names similar to Kali
- Lotis - Meaning of Lotis is Lotus Flower is used commonly in Hindi given to both sexes is originated from Old Greek. Lotis is derivation of Lotus.
- Ocellina - Greek name Ocellina means "Ocean"
- Artemisio came from Old Greek bestowed upon boys, meaning of Artemisio is "Artemis" is used commonly in Italian
- Iphigénie - The girl name Iphigénie has its origin in Old Greek which is used dominantly in French language, Iphigénie means "Born Strong"
- Lenaïc means Splash of the Sun is of Greek origin
Famous people named Kali
- Kali Gwegwe, former Chairman of Bayelsa United F.C.
- Kali S. Banerjee, math and statistics expert
- Kali Mountford, British Labour Party politician
- Kali Meehan, Australian professional boxer of Fijian descent
- Kali Rocha, American actress
- Kali, In the Kalki Purana
- Kali, Angolan footballer
- Kali Nikitas, received an MFA from CalArts in graphic design a BFA
Lists having Kali
- Boys names beginning with K
- Girls names beginning with K
- American Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Bud
- Baby Names that mean Graceful
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Dark
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Parvati
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Durga
- Baby Names that mean Black
- Baby Names that mean Night
- Baby Names that mean Destroyer