Helene name meaning
On This Page
What does Helene mean?
Helene means Light, Sun Ray, In Mythology the Abduction of Zeus's Mortal Daughter Helen Sparked the Trojan War or Shining is used in French, Greenlandic, German, Greek, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Scandinavian and English used as a girl name came from Old Greek.
Helene is variant of illustrous Selene. Selene is variant of long standing and well-known Selina. Selene is Nordic cognate of The Greek Name Σελήνη. Selene means Lunar Glow and Heaven is rooted from Old Greek.
Helene is variation of persistent and darling Helen. Helen is English cognate of Helene. Helen means The Bright One, The Torch and Sun Ray is originated from Old Greek and English.
How about the name Helene for a baby?
Helene is a classic name that exudes elegance and sophistication. Its French origin gives it a touch of romance and charm, making it an ideal choice for parents looking for a beautiful and unique name for their baby girl.
The name is associated with the concept of shining light, symbolizing intelligence, wisdom, and positive energy. Helene has a timeless appeal that makes it suitable for both traditional and modern families.
It is easy to pronounce and spell, which makes it convenient for everyday use. Overall, Helene is a perfect name choice for parents who want to give their daughter a meaningful and memorable name that will stand the test of time.
How do I pronounce Helene?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Helene is he-le-ne.
Variants of Helene
Middle Names for Helene
Tona, Almira, Ocey, view more middle names that goes with HeleneNames that rhyme with Helene
How popular is the name Helene?
Helene was a popular name in United States. Over 33077 babies have been given the moniker in 139 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1916, the moniker grabbed the 227th spot and 728 baby girls were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 139 years. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 82 times Helene used to be a common name in Denmark, first appeared in 1993 and over 501 babies have been given the name in 3 years.
At its zenith in 1993,. After 3 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times
Helene is a familiar baby name in France, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 800 names.
In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 781 on girl names chart when 67 babies were named Helene. There are over 225 babies that have been given the name Helene in France.
Helene is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 129 people have been named Helene in England and Wales.
It had a short run of 8 years on Ireland girl names chart. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 1995 when it ranked 744th.
However things change on global perspective, Helene is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Germany.
Also the baby name is popular in Cameroon, Austria, Benin, Canada, Burkina Faso, Chad, Ivory Coast, Rwanda, Norway, Guinea, Switzerland, Senegal, Sweden, Madagascar and Haiti. At least, 940000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Helene in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Helene
To have number 7 as your personality number means you are calm by nature and have a peaceful attitude about everything. You are the manager of events and organizer of partying among your friends. You solve problems systematically and diplomatically. You are never bored. Even when you are alone. You want to be the boss in every situation. Leave aside your religion and mix with people from different cultures and races.
Do you like Helene? You would love these names
- Aneya - Meaning of Aneya is Endless is of Hebrew,Polish and Old Greek origin and a baby girl name is used particulary in Hindi and Marathi
- Carolyna - Unexpected Carolyna is originated from Old Greek, English and Germanic, Carolyna means "Feminine Variant of Charles and Joy" is used for baby girls. Carolyna is derived from Carolina.
- Agon - Meaning of Agon is Fight or Contest is used commonly in English and Albanian and of Old Greek origin is given to boys
- Gaud has its origin in Greek, Gaud means "Pearl"
- Amby - The uncommon unisex name Amby has origin in Old Greek, majorly used in English language, Amby means "Immortal and The Element Ambrosios Which Means Immortal Divine". Amby is a diminutive of Ambrose.
Sibling Names for Helene
Looking for the perfect sibling names to pair with your new bundle of joy named Helene? Look no further! We've compiled a list of some of the most beautiful and unique names that would make great siblings for your little one. From classic choices to modern favorites, there's something for everyone on this list.
Sister to Helene
Names for Helene's brother
Famous people named Helene
- Helene Kvint, Danish performance artist and actress
- Helene Kottanner, Hungarian courtier and writer
- Helene Stöcker, German feminist, pacifist and gender activist
- Helene Hale, American politician from the state of Hawaii
- Helene Chung Martin, former Beijing correspondent
- Helene Christaller, During the Nazi-Era her books were not printed because of their Christian tenor
- Helene Moszkiewiez, worked within the Belgian Resistance during World War II, and maintained three identities
- Helene Hagan, American anthropologist and Amazigh activist
- Helene Tursten, Swedish writer of crime fiction
- Helene von Druskowitz, Austrian philosopher, writer and music critic
- Helene Macaulay, celebrity makeup artist
- Helene Thurner, Austrian luger who competed during the 1960s
- Helene Davis-Whyte, Jamaican trade union activist and the general secretary of the Jamaica Association of Local Government Officers
- Helene Deutsch, Polish American psychoanalyst and colleague of Sigmund Freud
- Helene Kröller-Müller, was one of the first European women to put together a major art collection
- Helene Hayman, Baroness Hayman, former Lord Speaker of the House of Lords
- Helene Schjerfbeck, Finnish painter
- Helene Rask, Norwegian model from Nesodden
- Helene Johnson, African-American poet during the Harlem Renaissance
- Helene Costello, American stage and film actress
- Helene Weigel, distinguished German actress and artistic director
- Helene Madison, American competition swimmer, Olympic champion
- Helene Hanff, American writer born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Helene Mayer, German-born fencer
- Helene Black, Cypriot artist and curator working with various media
- Helene Engelmann, Austrian pair skater
- Helene Weinstein, represents District 41
- Helene Chadwick, American actress in silent and in early sound film
- Helene Rosson, American silent film actress
- Helene Cooper, Liberian-born American journalist
- Helene Rother, first woman to work as an automotive designer when she joined the interior styling staff of General Motors in Detroit
- Helene Best characterized leading role of N in 1931 adventure flick Isle of Intrigue.
- Helene Clarkson played the key character of Molly in 1995 comedy, horror flick Blood & Donuts.
- In 1933, Helene Fehdmer characterized the role of Hannes Großmutter in film Die vom Niederrhein.
- Helene Frances played the significant role of Mrs. Smith in 1996 comedy, music film I Crave Rock & Roll.
- In 1995 horror and sci-fi movie, Equilibrium As Principle, Helene Levar played Ullas Mutter .
- Helene Overlaet, from 1958 drama film Kinderen in gods hand, who characterized Ylonka.
- In 1942 crime, mystery movie, The Man Who Wouldn't Die, Helene Reynolds played Anna Wolff.
- In 1955, Helene Stanton played the role of Wanda in horror, sci-fi film The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues.
- In 1919, Helene von Bolvary played the role of Earrere Eglise, színésznõ in flick Udvari levegö.
- Helene Schneiderman portrayed crucial role of Suzuki in 2012 music flick Madam Butterfly 3D.
Lists having Helene
- Girl names beginning with H
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lene
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1995)
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Ray
- Baby Names that mean Shine
- Baby Names that mean Shining