Lena meaning and origin
Famed and Evergreen unisex name Lena is predominantly used in Oriya, Swedish, English, Tamil, Bengali, Kannada, German, Norwegian, Hindi, Marathi, Icelandic, Greenlandic, Danish, Sanskrit, Telugu, Faroese, Gujarati, Finnish, Malayalam and Scandinavian and originated from Old Greek and Hebrew, Lena means "Light, Pledge, Bright One, Moonlight, Variant of Helen, The Torch, Shining, Native of Magdala, Dwelling Lodging or To Be Present In Latent". Lena is variant form of durable and preeminent Lina. Lina is diminutive of names ending in "lina". Also Lina is diminutive of "line". Lina is German cognate of Lina that is usedforeign. Originated from Latin and German, Well-Known and Ceaseless Lina, Lina means "Noble, Pledge and Gentle". Lena is variant form of biblical, persistent and illustrous Magdalena. Magdalena is form of Μαγδαληνη Which is a Greek Form of a Hebrew Epithet: in Latin language. Meaning of Magdalena is Of Magdala, The Biblical Mary Magdalene Came from Magdala Area Near the Sea of Galilee and Woman from Kynthos is of Hebrew origin. Lena is abridged form of Helene. Helene is a variation of well-liked and venerable Helen. Also Helene is form of darling Selene. Helene's meaning is Shining, Torch and The Torch is rooted from Old Greek. Lena is shortened form of Eleanor. Eleanor is resultant of Helen. Eleanor is form of Eleonora in English language. Preeminent and Enduring Eleanor's origin is Old Greek and Old Provençal, meaning of Eleanor is "Shinning Light and Foreign".
Variants of Lena
View middle names that goes with Lena like Elyse, Brianna, Cecile, Cristina, Auguste, Nicolette,Names that rhyme with Lena
Popularity of Lena
Lena is a popular in United States where over 138502 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1884, 3004 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 41st position. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 20 times Also, Lena was a popular name in France. Over 7935 babies have been given the name in 13 years. At the peak of its usage in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 38th spot and 1627 baby girls were given the name. However after 13 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times
Lena used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 4297 babies have been given the name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2013,. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still in a strong position. Also, Lena is a common name in Switzerland given to over 1959 babies in 10 years. Presently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 10th spot and 275 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 2 times Also, Lena is common in Netherlands where over 1190 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 46th spot and 253 baby girls were given the name. Also, In Belgium, Lena was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 4576 babies. When at its peak in 2012,. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong.
In Ireland, Lena is a familiar name where it has been in use since 1975 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2016, 57 babies were given Lena and it reached its peak ranking, 101 on girl names chart. Over 356 babies in Ireland have been named Lena. However things change on global perspective, Lena is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 300 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Sweden, Uzbekistan, Belarus, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Germany, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Mozambique, Poland, Egypt, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Brazil, Denmark, Angola, Canada, Norway, England, Armenia, Portugal, Georgia and Sudan. At least, 1130000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Lena in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Lena
You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. Work on your personal progress. Having letter A as your capstone reveals your greediness and ambition. It's far better than righting wrongs that can't be undone or fixed. Staying true to yourself and realizing your promises is what gives you credibility. You are highly resourceful and respectful around people who value honesty, justice, and dreams.
Other names similar to Lena, for would be parents
- Lonni - Meaning of Lonni is Inspired By the Greek God Apollo is a gender-neutral name particulary used in Finnish and Swedish came from Germanic
- Seline - Unwonted Seline came from Old Greek, meaning of Seline is "Moon" and is used principally in Swedish, Danish and French is used for girls
- Polydeukes - Used in English, Polydeukes means "Much Sweet Wine" which is rooted from Old Greek is used as a baby boy name
- Mini - Meaning of Mini is Often a Pet Name, Tiny or Small is chiefly used in Malayalam and Kannada is a baby girl name is originated from English and Spanish
- Yanny - Of Old Greek origin, Yanny means "Famous Pianist" and is used for boys is especially used in Hindi
Namesakes of Lena
- Lena Townsend, British Conservative politician
- Lena Sommestad, Swedish Social Democratic politician and economic historian
- Lena Ackebo, Swedish comic creator
- Lena Hades, Russian artist
- Lena Martell, Scottish singer
- Lena Jensen, Norwegian politician for the Socialist Left Party
- Lena Hanenberg,
- Lena Levine, American psychiatrist and gynecologist
- Lena d'Água, Portuguese singer
- Lena Pedersen,
- Lena Fiagbe, British soul singer-songwriter
- Lena Valaitis, Lithuanian–German schlager singer
- Lena Kennedy, English author
- Lena Willemark, Swedish traditional music fiddler, singer
- Lena Asplund, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Lena Springs, first woman placed
- Lena Horne, American singer, dancer, actress
- Lena Olin, Swedish actress
- Lena Zavaroni, Scottish singer and a television show host
- Lena Park, American-born South Korean singer
- Lena Ek, Swedish politician
- Lena Söderberg, Playboy Playmate
- Lena Ashwell, on the 'Wellesley' while anchored
- Lena Philipsson, Swedish singer, songwriter and media personality
- Lena Headey, Bermuda-born English actress and voice actress
- Lena Åkesson, former world-class female professional boxer whose career took place
- Lena Baker, African American maid in Cuthbert, Georgia
- Lena Jeger, Baroness Jeger, British Labour MP during two periods
- Lena Hjelm-Wallén, Swedish politician
- Lena Blackburne, American baseball infielder, manager, coach
- Lena Taylor, Democratic member of the Wisconsin Senate
- Lena Nyman, Swedish film and stage actress
- Lena Burke, Cuban singer-songwriter
- Lena Endre, Endre made her English-language debut in 2012,
- Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth, Swedish politician
- Lena Rice, Irish tennis player
- Lena Sadler, Dr
- Lena Gercke, German fashion model and television host
- Lena Stolze, German television and film actress
- Lena Constante, Romanian artist, essayist and memoirist
- Lena Anderssen, Faroese/Canadian singer-songwriter with five albums to her name
- Lena Cruz, New Zealand actress
- Lena Kleinschmidt, German-born New York criminal who
- Lena Kolarska-Bobińska, Polish sociologist, academic and political figure
- Lena Frances Edwards, New Jersey physician
- Lena Brundin, from 1963 drama film Barnvagnen, who characterized Britt's Workmate.
- Lena Dahlman played minor role of Lena Holm in 1963 comedy movie Åsa-Nisse och tjocka släkten.
- In 1915, Lena Davril portrayed the role of Phillipa Guerrio in mystery flick The Mystery of Room 13.
- In 1971 drama film, Smoke, Lena Edling played Gypsy.
- Lena Farugia, from 1989 comedy film The Gods Must Be Crazy II, who characterized Dr. Ann Taylor.
- Lena Halliday played the small role of The Widow in 1928 comedy film The Bells of St. Mary's.
- In 1998, Lena Klingvall characterized the role of Aligermaas in documentary film Aligermaas äventyr - i vildhästarnas dal.
- In 1972 flick, Smekmånad, Lena Lindgren portrayed Inger.
- Lena Nilsson, from 1988 crime and drama film PS sista sommaren, who played the Lisa.
- In 1995, Lena Pointer characterized the role of Patty in flick Human Prey.
- In 2001, Lena Roque played the role of Créo in comedy, drama flick Domésticas: O Filme.
- Lena Stamm, from 2016 drama movie Gallery Weekend, who portrayed the Britta Seidel.
- Lena von Martens, from 1964 action, drama movie Sette a Tebe, who portrayed Doride.
- In 1972 comedy and drama film, Nya hyss av Emil i Lönneberga, Lena Wisborg portrayed Ida.
- In 1938, Lena Zelichowska characterized the role of Marta Wronska in drama, romance film Sygnaly.
- In 1982, Lena Bartman played the role of N in documentary flick Jânio a 24 Quadros.
- In 1975 romance movie, O peirasmos mias mikris, Lena Samiou portrayed N.
- In 2006 drama, war flick, Der letzte Zug, Lena Beyerling portrayed Nina Neumann.
- Lena Loginova, from 1991 animation flick Zolotaya shpaga, who played the N.
- In 2010, Lena Diechle played the role of Jennifer in drama, romance movie Should've Kissed.
- Lena Baader, from 1999 action flick Bodycount - Die Klasse von 1999, who played the Anja.
Lists having Lena
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Len
- Girl names that ends with -ena
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1920)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Pledge
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Moonlight
- Baby Names that mean Palm
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean ray
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Magdala
- Baby Names that mean Dwelling
- Baby Names that mean Devoted
- Baby Names that mean Tender
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Present