Selina name meaning
What does Selina mean?
Trendy and Perpetual Selina is originated from Old Greek and Latin bestowed upon girls, Selina means "Star in the Sky, Goddess of the Moon, Light, Heaven, Shine, Beautiful or Indication of the Gender of Caecilier" is used principally in Oriya, Hindi, Russian, Norwegian, Kannada, Assamese, Arabic, German, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Malayalam, Icelandic, Swedish, Gujarati, Danish, Bengali and Finnish. Selina is form of commonly accepted and all time favorite Celina. Celina is version of durable and predominant Celeste. Also Celina is variation of recent Caelia. Celina is also version of Asselina. Celina is also variation of biblical and frequently used Marcelina. Celina is also a form of ever lasting Celestina. Celina is diminutive of Marcellina. Celina is equivalent of the Céline in Italian and German languages. Lofty and Perpetual Celina came from Old Greek and Latin languages, meaning of Celina is "Heavenly and Sky".
How do I pronounce Selina?
The most common pronunciation of three syllabled Selina is s(e)-li-na.
Variants of Selina
Caleen, Celina, Caelius, Celeste, Caelia, Asselina, Marcelina, Celestina, Calina, Celine, Celena, Marcellina
View middle names that goes with Selina like Jonna, Exia, Aleena, Johnna, Ilaria, Queenie,Names that rhyme with Selina
How popular is the name Selina?
Selina is a popular name in United States given to over 17993 babies in 138 years. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1995, the moniker grabbed the 371st spot and 704 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 4 times A common name in England and Wales with over 1583 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1996, it ranked 248th when 158 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Selina is common in Switzerland where over 3710 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. When at its peak in 2002, the moniker grabbed the 14th spot and 252 baby girls were given the name.
Selina is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2016, 60 babies were given Selina and it reached its peak ranking, 223 on girl names chart. Over 244 babies in Netherlands have been named Selina. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 197 on girl names chart when 54 babies were given the name Selina. Over 566 people have been named Selina in Belgium.
Selina is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1966 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1985, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 166 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Selina. Over 363 people have been named Selina in Ireland. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1981 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2007, it ranked 1063rd when 39 girls were named Selina. There are over 504 babies that have been given the name Selina in France.
However things change on global perspective, Selina is extremely popular in Bangladesh where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Tanzania, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe, India, Zambia, England, Malawi and Nigeria. According to our evaluation, over 370000 babies have been named Selina globally.
Selina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Selina?
In love, you can love a person like you've never loved anyone before but you can also leave like you've never loved. People see you as a stubborn and inflexible person. Be more flexible and less stubborn. You are never bored. Even when you are alone. Although you hate drama, you are the one creating it. Some would say that you are cold-hearted and insensitive but the truth is that you are the most sensitive person.
Looking for names similar to Selina? Please go through the following names
- Naseer - Naseer's meaning is Announcer, Friend or Helper aimed at baby boys is mostly used in Sindhi, Hindi and Arabic
- Dhamir - Boy name Dhamir means "Conscience or Heart" is commonly used in Tamil and Arabic
- Qutaiba - The unisex name Qutaiba is specifically used in Arabic, Hindi and Arabic which is rooted from Arabic, Qutaiba means "Irritable, Impatient or Name of a Sahabi"
- Farhina - Girl name Farhina is principally used in Arabic and Kannada, meaning of Farhina is "Happiness"
- Bunty - Meaning of Bunty is Joy is used in Bengali and Tamil is given to baby boys
Famous people named Selina
- Selina Cooper, English suffragist and the first woman to represent the Independent Labour Party
- Selina Hossain, Bangladeshi novelist
- Selina Dolaro, English singer, actress
- Selina Chirchir, retired Kenyan middle-distance runner and a marathoner
- Selina Follas, softball player from Australia
- Selina Bunbury, Anglo-Irish novelist and traveler
- Selina Jen, Taiwanese singer, television host and actress
- Selina Griffiths, English actress mostly
- Selina Chow, former Hong Kong television executive and politician
- Selina Scott, British television presenter
- Selina Hornibrook, retired Australian netball player
- Selina Siggins, Australian political activist
- Selina Hastings, Countess of Huntingdon, English religious leader
- Selina van den Brink in Dallas Buyers Club as Art Department
- Selina Williams in The Sweet Hereafter as Miscellaneous Crew
- Selina Hui in Ravi & Jane as Miscellaneous Crew
- Selina Ringel in Memories of a Fight as Producer
- Selina Loum in The End as Actress
- Selina Kaye in Jacob Stone as Actress
- Selina Giles in V for Vendetta as Actress
- Selina MacDonald in The Heart of Thomas Hardy as Actress
- Selina Boyack is renowned for her acting in TV series Kavanagh QC
Lists having Selina
- Girl names beginning with S
- Greek Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Arabic Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Assamese Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Russian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Sky
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Heaven
- Baby Names that mean Shine
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful