Helga meaning and origin
Renowned and Classic girl name Helga is originated from Old Norse, Scandinavian and Nordic, Helga means "Holy or Sacred" is used chiefly in English, Danish, Scandinavian, German, Faroese, Old Norse, Greenlandic, Icelandic, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian languages. Helga is feminine version of Helge. Helge is Swedish form of Helgi. Origin of Darling and Rooted Helge is in Nordic and Old Norse, meaning of Helge is "Blessed and Holy". Helga is feminine version of Helgi. Helgi is Swedish equivalent of Helga. Also Helgi is Old Norse cognate of *Hailaga. Originated from Scandinavian and Old Norse, Popular and Vintage Helgi, Helgi means "Blessed and Holy". It is celebrated on July 11th.
Variants of HelgaNames that rhyme with Helga
Popularity of Helga
Helga is a familiar baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1882 and was last seen in 1992, during its 104 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1899, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 565 on girl names chart when 54 babies were named Helga. Over 2202 people have been named Helga in United States. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1910 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1943, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 205 on girl names chart when 77 babies were given the name Helga. Over 603 people have been named Helga in France.
Helga is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 1964, peaked in 1965 when it ranked 297th and last appeared in 1977. However things change on global perspective, Helga is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Austria, Angola, Mozambique, Brazil, Hungary, Norway and Netherlands. At least, 960000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Helga in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Helga
Others need you in their life, but you don't need anyone. Be the living proof to those who ignored you, they need to realize you were right this whole time. When it comes to career, you prefer to take the easier road but realize soon that it's not the best way. You are deeply related to the 5 senses. Nothing escapes your eye, your sense of smell is highly developed, such as your sense of touch.
You would love these names similar to Helga
- Geirlaug is Old Norse cognate of Gæirlaug. Also Geirlaug is equivalent of Geirlaugr in Norwegian language
- Odon - Unfamiliar boy name Odon means "Wealth" is of Old Norse and German origin
- Eryc - Originated from Old Norse, Offbeat Eryc is used as a baby boy name, Eryc means "Peaceful Ruler, Sole Ruler and Ruler". Eryc is derivative of Eric.
- Greip - Unisex name Greip is rooted from Old Norse is used in Old Norse and Norwegian. Greip is Old Norse form of Greipr
- Stygg is form of Styggr in Old Norse language
Namesakes of Helga
- Helga Estby, Norwegian-American immigrant most noted for her walk across the United States during 1896
- Helga Pedersen, Danish Chief Justice and politician
- Helga Radtke, German track and field athlete
- Helga Anders, Austrian actress
- Helga Klein, German athlete
- Helga Schachinger, Austrian psychologist and author
- Helga Haugen, Norwegian politician for the Christian Democratic Party
- Helga Moreira, Portuguese poet
- Helga Trüpel, German politician and Member of the European Parliament
- Helga Gitmark, Norwegian politician for the Centre Party
- Helga Pedersen, Norwegian politician, former Minister
- Helga Dernesch, Austrian soprano and mezzo-soprano
- Helga Deen, diarist whose diary was discovered in 2004
- Helga Wanglie, elderly woman in a persistent vegetative state
- Helga Nowotny, is Professor emeritus of Social Studies of Science
- Helga Seidler, former East German athlete
- Helga Niessen Masthoff, retired tennis player from West Germany
- Helga Feddersen, popular German actress, comedian, singer, author
- Helga Haase, speed skater in East Germany
- Helga Sommerfeld in Schlager-Raketen as Actress
- Helga Stephensen in Áramótaskaup as Actress
- Helga Neuner in Ein Toter hing im Netz as Actress
- Helga Wild in Schulmädchen-Report 2. Teil - Was Eltern den Schlaf raubt as Actress
- Helga Bender in Laß jucken Kumpel, III. Teil: Maloche, Bier + Bett as Actress
- Helga Franck in Ein Toter hing im Netz as Actress
- Helga Lehner in Hungerjahre - in einem reichen Land as Actress
- Helga Liné Helga Lina Stern, known artistically as Helga Liné, is a German actress based in Spain.
- Helga Bjørnelund acted in movie Children of Agony
- In 1965 comedy, musical movie, Neobycejná trída, Helga Cocková characterized Drahusa Chvojková - student.
- Helga Loder, from 1981 film Der Neger Erwin, who portrayed Starke Dame.
- Helga Piur characterized leading role of Karin in 1960 drama movie Wo der Zug nicht lange hält.
- Helga Rydland, from 1934 crime, drama film Liv, who characterized Guro, mor til Aslak.
- Helga Sasse, from 1976 comedy film Nelken in Aspik, who played the Cilly.
- In 1979 drama, music flick, New Generation, Helga Serres characterized Lollie.
- In 2000 documentary movie, Scheitern als Chance, Helga Stöwhase portrayed N.
- In 1924, Helga Thomas portrayed the role of N in drama, romance film Rosenmontag.
- In 1971 action and crime film, Vengeance Cops, Helga van Wyk portrayed René Visser.
- Helga Jordan, from 1956 movie Heimliche Ehen, who characterized Hanni.
- Helga Mjön portrayed main character of Evelyn Dark in 1919 movie Die Teufelskirche.
Lists having Helga
- Girl names beginning with H
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1893)
- Baby Names that mean Holy
- Baby Names that mean Sacred
- Baby Names that mean Faithful
- Baby Names that mean Successful
- Baby Names that mean Blessed
- Baby Names that mean Luck
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Saint
- Baby Names that mean Intact