Ionel meaning and origin
Hebrew name Ionel is specifically used in Romanian, meaning of Ionel is "God is Merciful" is aimed at baby boys. Ionel is form of widely accepted, biblical and immutable Jean. Jean is version of all time favorite and biblical John. Jean is equivalent of Johannes in French language. Also Jean is form of Jeanne in Scottish and English languages. Jean's meaning is Scottish Form of Joan Gracious Gift from God, Yahweh is Gracious and God is Gracious is originated from Hebrew. Ionel is short form of John. John is a short of Johannes. John is form of Johannes in German and English languages. John's origin is Hebrew, meaning of John is "God has Been Gracious: has Shown Favor In the Bible John the Baptist Baptized Christ In the Jordan and God is Merciful". The name is celebrated on December 27th.
Variants of Ionel
View middle names that goes with Ionel like Won, Mils, Lion, Odam, Aker, Vlad,Names that rhyme with Ionel
Popularity of Ionel
Ionel is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. Also, it appeared first time in 1976 on baby boy names list of France. But Ionel is a popular baby name in Romania where every 1 in 400 have the name. At least, 70000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Ionel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Ionel?
Leave your own mark in the world. Number 8 reveals your sharp focus and ability to love with all your heart as your personality number. You are undoubtedly a born leader. Having letter I as your first vowel represents your elegance, impulsive attitude, big heart, and gentle soul. It's like luck follows you wherever you go and whatever you do results in a positive outcome. You are a good friend.
Parents who liked Ionel, loved these names
- Buffy - Famed Buffy has its origin in Hebrew is mainly used in English, Buffy means "Beaver-stream or God's Oath" is a gender-neutral name
- Josip - Josip's meaning is He (God) Will Add or God Would Multiply came from Hebrew principally used in Slavic is bestowed upon baby boys
- Dor - Originated from Hebrew, Unheard-of Dor means "A Generation a Home" is aimed at both sexes
- Simeone - Boy name Simeone is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Simeone is "He (God) has Heard" is especially used in Italian language
- Uriah means God is Light or My Light is Yahweh has origin in Hebrew which is primarily used in English and Hebrew is aimed at both sexes
Namesakes of Ionel
- Ionel Averian, Romanian sprint canoer
- Ionel Teodoreanu, Romanian novelist and lawyer
- Ionel Ganea, Romanian football manager and former striker
- Ionel Augustin, Romanian retired footballer
- Ionel Dănciulescu, Romanian former footballer