Jean-Claude name meaning
On This Page
What does Jean-Claude mean?
Jean-Claude's origin is Hebrew, French and Latin, meaning of Jean-Claude is "Jean, Claude, God is Misunderstood or Lame" primarily used in French is bestowed upon baby boys. Used commonly in French, Jean-Claude is originated from Hebrew, French and Latin, Jean-Claude means "Jean, Claude, God is Misunderstood or Lame" is a boy name.
Jean-Claude is compound of eternal and famed Jean and eternal and famed Claude. Claude is form of renowned and enduring Claudius, which itself is form of Claudius in French language. Claude is form of Claudius in French language, which itself is French form of Claudia.
Also Claude is French form of Claudia. Jean-Claude is celebrated on March 10.
Variants of Jean-Claude
How popular is the name Jean-Claude?
an extremely popular name in France with over 172981 new-borns have been given the name since 1900. At its zenith in 1946, the moniker grabbed the 12nd spot and 10228 baby boys were given the name.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 34 times Jean-Claude is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it may not be used now and also in Belgium.
But Jean-Claude is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in, Burundi, Canada, Haiti and Congo. As per our evaluation, over 510000 babies have been bestowed Jean-Claude around the globe.
Jean-Claude in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Do you like Jean-Claude? Other names you would love
- Dollyne - Meaning of Dollyne is Pain came from Latin
- Stijn means Stone or Righteous is primarily used in Dutch is originated from Dutch and Old Norse is a baby boy name
- Faustine - Of Latin origin, Unconventional Faustine bestowed upon baby girls, used in Swedish and Danish, Faustine means "Fortuné, Good Luck or Faustus"
- Corbin - Durable and Prevalent Corbin is used specifically in English is a gender-neutral name, Corbin means "Raven-haired or Raven" is rooted from Latin and Old French
- Lorenia - Lorenia's meaning is Variant of Laura or Lora Referring to the Laurel Tree or Laurel is of Latin origin and a baby girl name is commonly used in English
Famous people named Jean-Claude
- Jean-Claude Duvalier, President of Haiti
- Jean-Claude Risset, French composer
- Jean-Claude Germain, Canadian playwright, author
- Jean-Claude Pascal, French comedian and singer
- Jean-Claude Fruteau, French politician and a Member of the European Parliament for France's "'outre mer'"
- Jean-Claude Martinez, French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the south-west of France
- Jean-Claude Lorquet, professor of Theoretical Chemistry at the University of Liège
- Jean-Claude Suares, artist, illustrator, editor
- Jean-Claude Simon, researcher
- Jean-Claude Schmitt, prominent French medievalist
- Jean-Claude Irvoas, French employee of a street furniture firm
- Jean-Claude Colliard, French academic and senior public servant
- Jean-Claude Richard, French painter and engraver
- Jean-Claude Vrinat, owner of the Taillevent restaurant
- Jean-Claude Maleval, French Lacanian psychoanalyst
- Jean-Claude Dunyach, French science fiction writer
- Jean-Claude Gayssot, French politician
- Jean-Claude Colin, French priest
- Jean-Claude Hamel, President of AJ Auxerre from 1963 to 2009
- Jean-Claude Castera, Haitian painter
- Jean-Claude Éloy, French composer of instrumental
- Jean-Claude Amiot, French composer, music professor and conductor
- Jean-Claude Logé, Belgian businessman
- Jean-Claude Vannier, French musician, composer and arranger
- Jean-Claude Pressac, French chemist and pharmacist by profession
- Jean-Claude Ellena, retired French perfumer and writer
- Jean-Claude Nicolas Forestier, French landscape architect
- Jean-Claude Cameroun, Cameroonian judoka
- Jean-Claude Paye, Belgian sociologist
- Jean-Claude Petit, French composer and arranger
- Jean-Claude Turcotte, Canadian Roman Catholic cardinal
- Jean-Claude Guédon, Quebec-based academic
- Jean-Claude Merlin, French astronomer
- Jean-Claude Killy, former French World Cup alpine ski racer
- Jean-Claude Van Damme, Belgian actor, martial artist, screenwriter
- Jean-Claude Trichet, French economist
- Jean-Claude Juncker, Luxembourgish politician serving as President of the European Commission since 2014
- Jean-Claude Izzo, French poet, playwright, screenwriter
- Jean-Claude Decaux, French entrepreneur
- Jean-Claude Rivest, Canadian lawyer, former politician and Senator
- Jean-Claude Mézières, French comic strip artist and illustrator
- Jean-Claude Carrière, French novelist, screenwriter, actor
- Jean-Claude D'Amours, Canadian politician and former Member of Parliament for Madawaska—Restigouche
- Jean-Claude Forest, writer and illustrator of comics and the creator of character Barbarella
- Jean-Claude Marcourt, has been, since 2009
- Jean-Claude Bajeux, Haitian political activist and professor of Caribbean literature
- Jean-Claude Van Cauwenberghe, Belgian politician
- Jean-Claude Wicky, photographer noted for his series on Bolivian miners
- Jean-Claude St-André, Quebec provincial politician and was the Member of the National Assembly of Quebec representing L'Assomption for the Parti Québécois
- Jean-Claude Rudaz, former racing driver from Switzerland
- Jean-Claude Parrot, was National President of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers between 1977 and 1992
- Jean-Claude La Marre, American writer, director
Lists having Jean-Claude
- Boy names beginning with J
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- French Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (1973)
- Baby Names that mean God