Ioan name meaning
What does Ioan mean?
Rare unisex name Ioan came from Hebrew, meaning of Ioan is "Yahweh is Gracious or God is Merciful" is dominantly used in Slavic, Romanian, Swedish, Norwegian, Greek, Welsh, Old SwedishDanish and Finnish. Ioan is variant of well-known, enduring and biblical Jean. Jean is variant form of biblical, durable and celebrated John. Jean is equivalent of Johannes in French language. Also Jean is English and Scottish equivalent of Jeanne. Jean's meaning is Scottish Form of Joan Gracious Gift from God and Yahweh is Gracious came from Hebrew. Ioan is a derivation of John. John is abridged form of Johannes. John is German and English cognate of Johannes. Infrequent John has its origin in Hebrew, John means "God is Merciful, Yahweh is Gracious and God has Been Gracious: has Shown Favor In the Bible John the Baptist Baptized Christ In the Jordan". Ioan is Swedish form of Ióan. It is celebrated on December 27th.
How do I pronounce Ioan?
One syllabled Ioan is pronounced as YO-an with emphasis on first YO syllable. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., ioan.
Variants of Ioan
Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, Jean, John, Johannes, Jeanne, Gean, Ionel, Johnna, Jennine, Donajean, Jean-Claude, Ióan, IóhanNames that rhyme with Ioan
How popular is the name Ioan?
A common name in England and Wales having over 1897 recievers in 23 years of usage. Currently the name is rising, in 2005, 129 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 292nd position. Ioan is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 1917 and peaked in 1917 when it ranked 4594th. In France, it has been in use since 1976 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 295 babies that have been given the name Ioan in France. In Belgium, first appeared in 2013 and is still in use.
However things change on global perspective, Ioan is extremely popular in Romania where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Greece and Spain. At least, 190000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Ioan in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Ioan
You are an inspirational person who respects the rules and social restrictions. You are a person of many talents. Logic isn't your strongest side but perfectionism is something people admire you for. It's strange but you enjoy being miserable sometimes. Live a life to remember. Otherwise, you will definitely regret the opportunities you missed when you get older. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing.
Other names similar to Ioan
- Estefan - Boy name Estefan is used in Finnish, Swedish and Spanish is rooted from Old Greek. Estefan is Nordic form of Estévan
- Adelfia - Originated from Old Greek, Adelfia means "Brother and Beloved Sister" is used for baby girls. Adelfia is derivative of Adelpha.
- Lotis - Curious unisex name Lotis is prevalently used in Hindi, meaning of Lotis is "Lotus Flower" is rooted from Old Greek. Lotis is a resultant of Lotus.
- Jirí means Farmer or Earthworker is a baby boy name largely used in Czech is rooted from Old Greek
- Nikolaj - Origin of Frequently Used and Modernistic Nikolaj is in Old Greek, meaning of Nikolaj is "Victory of the People" used in Swedish, Danish and Russian is a baby boy name
Famous people named Ioan
- Ioan Țepelea, president of the international Academy of Sciences
- Ioan Slavici, Transylvanian
- Ioan Sturdza, Prince of Moldavia from 21 June 1822 to 5 May 1828
- Ioan Petru Culianu, Romanian historian of religion, culture, and ideas
- Ioan Pușcaș, Romanian gastroenterologist, born in Treznea
- Ioan Mihai Cochinescu, Romanian novelist and essayist
- Ioan Cantacuzino, renowned Romanian physician and bacteriologist
- Ioan Evans, British politician
- Ioan Talpeș, Romanian Army general
- Ioan Flueraș, Romanian social democratic politician and a victim of the communist regime
- Ioan Condruc, Romanian former football player,
- Ioan Mirea, Romanian painter and graphic artist
- Ioan Manu, Romanian boyar and politician
- Ioan Sterca-Șuluțiu, ethnic Romanian bureaucrat
- Ioan T. Morar, Romanian journalist, poet, dramatist, novelist
- Ioan Tegid, Welsh clergyman and writer
- Ioan Holender, Romanian born Austrian opera baritone and administrator
- Ioan Apostol, Romanian luger
- Ioan James, British mathematician working in the field of topology particularly
- Ioan Lupaș, Austro-Hungarian-born Romanian historian, academic
- Ioan Gruffudd, Welsh actor
- Ioan Silviu Suciu, retired Romanian artistic gymnast
- Ioan Andone, Romanian football coach and former player
- Ioan Sabău, former Romanian football midfielder
- Ioan, territory of Poland
- Ioan Lupescu, former Romanian footballer
- Ioan Fiscuteanu, Romanian theater and film actor
- Ioan Gherghel, Olympic butterfly swimmer from Romania
- Ioan Mircea Pașcu, Romanian politician and Member of the European Parliament
- Ioan Igna, Romanian former football referee and player
- Ioana Moldovanu in A Good Man as Actress
- Ioanna Bakalakou in The Sentimentalists as Actress
- Ioana Florentina Dimitriu in Ioana Dimitriu is a Film, Television, Theater and Voice actress. She was born on October 31st, 2005 in Bucharest, Romania. Ioana discovered her acting talent and beautiful singing voice as early as age 5, when she was asked to represent her kindergarten in a regional performing arts contest. At 6, she was already one of the favorite pupils of Professor Virgil Constantin... as
- Ioana Abur in Mirrors as Actress
- Ioanna Asimakopoulou in To soi sou as Actress
- Ioana Rucareanu in Pioneers' Palace as Actress
- Ioana Vasile in The ABCs of Death 2 as Cinematographer
- Ioan Drăgan Ioan DrÄƒgan was a Romanian footballer who played 169 matches with Fotbal Club BraÈ ™ ov.
- Ioan Bucheru in movie A Guest at Dinner as Writer
Lists having Ioan
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with I
- Girls names beginning with I
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Roman Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Merciful