Jem name meaning
On This Page
What does Jem mean?
Infrequent unisex name Jem is specifically used in English, meaning of Jem is "Supplanter or The Lord Exalts" came from Hebrew. Jem is version of biblical, enduring and predominant Jacob. Of Hebrew origin, Infrequent Jacob, Jacob means "Heel Grabber, Supplanter and Yahweh May Protect".
Jem is diminutive of Jeremy. Jeremy is variant of prevailing, conifer and biblical Jeremiah. Jeremy is English form of Jeremiah. Also Jeremy is equivalent of Jeremias in English language. Jeremy's meaning is Yahwe Uplifts, God Raised and Raise Up came from Hebrew.
How do I pronounce Jem?
The one syllabled name Jem is commonly pronounced as jem.
Variants of Jem
How popular is the name Jem?
Jem is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 841 on boy names chart when 26 babies were named Jem.
Over 358 babies in England and Wales have been named Jem. The given name is an uncommon baby name in United States, in use since 1963, peaked in 1963 when it ranked 4044th.
There are over 117 babies that have been given the name Jem in United States.
Jem is a common name in Philippines and India while somewhat familiar name in England, Indonesia, Cameroon, Ghana, Saudi Arabia and Malaysia.
At least, 5000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Jem in Nordic countries
Numerological analysis of Jem
You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul. Love is most important in your life. If you get too attached to everyone, what will you do when if they leave one day? At work, you are the innovator and researcher always focused on finding creative ways to solve things and improve the company's progress. You are undoubtedly a born leader. You can easily adapt to new people and new environments.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Jem
- Evka - Hebrew name Evka means "Alive" which is used prevalently in Czech is a girl name
- Batya - Meaning of Batya is Daugther of Yahweh or Daughter of God is a girl name has its roots in Hebrew is used in Hebrew
- Michele - Prevailing unisex name Michele is commonly used in English, Norwegian and Swedish, Michele means "Who is Like God?" is of Hebrew origin. On baby girl names chart, dominant Michele managed to reach 451 in year 1994 in United States
- Isacco - Used chiefly in Italian, Isacco customarily aimed at boys is originated from Hebrew, Isacco means "He Laughs"
- Nizana means Bud is rooted from Hebrew is used for baby girls
Famous people named Jem
- Jem Cohen, Afghanistan-born American filmmaker based
- Jem Ward, English bare-knuckle boxer
- Jem Marsh, British engineer
- Jem Poster, noted contemporary British poet and novelist
- Jem Finer, English musician, artist and composer
- Jem, Welsh singer, songwriter, and record producer
- Jem Mace, English boxing champion
- Jem Godfrey, British music producer, keyboardist and songwriter
- Jem Broadbridge, English professional cricketer
- Jem Smith, bare-knuckle prize fighter and Heavyweight Champion of England
- Jem Karacan, Turkish professional who plays for Millwall
- Jemma Valentine in Canadian Babe Sucks Cock for Cash as Actress
- Jemma Keys in Episode dated 8 October 2007 as Actress
- Jemina Sillanpää in Ja saapuu oikea yö as Actress
- Jemma Scott-Knox-Gore in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace as Make-Up Department
- Jemma Donovan in Mr. Stink as Actress
- Jemma Hines in Under Dark Stars: Part 1 as Actress
Lists having Jem
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Supplanter
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Appointed