Josephine meaning and origin
Chiefly used in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, English and Finnish unfading and desirable, Josephine means "God will Add, He (God) Will Add, The Lord Increases or Yahweh Will Add" is a gender insensitive name is originated from Hebrew.. Josephine is German and English equivalent of Joséphine.
Variants of Josephine
View middle names that goes with Josephine like Grace, Kaye, Tina, Verda, Nicole, Kristy,Names that rhyme with Josephine
Popularity of Josephine
a very popular name in United States with over 308188 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. The moniker is on fire on the charts, in 1916, the moniker grabbed the 21st spot and 8682 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names an astounding 51 times Also, Josephine was a popular name in France. Over 90117 babies have been given the given name in 119 years. At the peak of its usage in 1900, it ranked 13rd when 3294 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 119 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 25 times
Josephine was a common name in England and Wales. Over 4842 babies have been named Josephine since 1996. At its zenith in 1997,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, In Ireland, Josephine was once a common name since emerging in 1964 it has been given to over 3462 babies. At the peak of its usage in 1964,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Josephine used to be a common name in Netherlands, first appeared in 2015 and over 521 babies have been given the name in 5 years. At the peak of its usage in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 5 years.
Josephine is a familiar baby name in New South Wales, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. Recently in 2016, 75 babies were given Josephine and it reached its peak ranking, 97 on girl names chart. Over 144 babies in New South Wales have been named Josephine. The moniker is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 213 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Josephine. Over 433 babies in Switzerland have been named Josephine. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 259 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Josephine. Over 592 people have been named Josephine in Belgium. Also, in Queensland, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 93 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Josephine.
Josephine is a rare baby name in New South Wales where it is still in use. There are over 144 babies that have been given the name Josephine in New South Wales. And also in Queensland. However things change on global perspective, Josephine is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, DR Congo, Nigeria and Uganda. Also the baby name is popular in Ghana, Zambia, Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Kenya, England, Tanzania, Rwanda, Benin, Burundi, South Africa, Zimbabwe, South Sudan, Papua New Guinea, Liberia, Guinea, Sudan, Madagascar, Malaysia, Burkina Faso, Lebanon, Malawi, Chad, Ivory Coast, Canada, Egypt, Australia and Ethiopia. At least, 2000000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Josephine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Josephine?
It's time you set up a positive mind-set, open up to new adventures and explore the world. Your only mistake is that you are trying to prove others you can do it, instead of proving yourself. You want to inspire others to do the same. You hate people who complain and don't do anything to improve their situation. Doing what you are passionate about is the best thing ever, and the only way to feel real joy and happiness.
Parents who liked Josephine, loved these names
- Alyssa - Cherished and Recently Soaring Alyssa has its origin in Germanic and Old High German is largely used in Hebrew and Swedish, Alyssa means "Joy or Noble Sort" is aimed at both boys and girls. In 2018, customary name Alyssa bagged 150th position on list of baby girl names in United States
- Avery - Darling and Ever lasting unisex name Avery means "Elf Counsel, Counsel from the Elves or Alfreda", chiefly used in English and English has origin in Old French and English
- Sidney - Meaning of Sidney is Originating In Sidon, From the Wide Island or Wide Meadow is used as a unisex name and came from Latin, Hebrew and Old English is substantially used in Danish and Swedish
- Curtis - Meaning of Curtis is The Words Curt Meaning Short or Courtly is used mainly in English and German used for both genders is originated from English and Middle
- Penny - Unfading and Famed Penny is used specifically in Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish, Penny means "Flower, Eye or A Diminutive of Penelope" used as a gender-neutral name is rooted from Old Greek
Namesakes of Josephine
- Josephine Brawley Hughes, advocate of women's rights
- Josephine Clofullia, famous Swiss-born bearded lady
- Josephine Pullein-Thompson,
- Josephine Miles, American poet and literary critic; the first woman tenured
- Josephine Butler, English feminist and social reformer
- Josephine Cochrane, inventor of the first commercially successful automatic dishwasher
- Josephine Abaijah, first woman to be elected to the Papua New Guinea House of Assembly
- Josephine Sophia White Griffing, American reformer
- Josephine Terranova, defendant in a sensational murder trial in New York City
- Josephine Acosta Pasricha, Filipino indologist
- Josephine Bakhita, Sudanese-Italian Canossian religious sister active
- Josephine Broekhuizen, Dutch artist living in Scotland
- Josephine Knur, former Australian actress recognised for her role as Lorelei Wilkinson in television soap opera 'Number 96'
- Josephine Cox,
- Josephine B. Crane, American socialite and patron of the arts
- Josephine Herbst, American writer and journalist
- Josephine Hayden, General Secretary of Republican Sinn Féin
- Josephine Joseph, American actress
- Josephine Preston Peabody, American poet and dramatist
- Josephine Russell Clay, was one of the first significant woman thoroughbred horse breeders
- Josephine Veasey, British mezzo-soprano
- Josephine Pinckney, novelist and poet
- Josephine Gabler, Dr
- Josephine Lang, German composer
- Josephine Sticker, Austrian freestyle swimmer, born in Vienna
- Josephine Clifford McCracken, California writer and journalist, a contemporary of Bret Harte, John Muir
- Josephine Forsman, is Swedish drummer/songwriter
- Josephine Elder,
- Josephine Antoine, coloratura soprano
- Josephine Clay Ford, American philanthropist and the only granddaughter of Henry Ford
- Josephine Onyia, Nigerian-born Spanish track and field athlete
- Josephine Tey,
- Josephine Hull, director of plays
- Josephine Baker, American-born French entertainer, activist
- Josephine Hopper, American painter
- Josephine Earp, common-law wife of Wyatt Earp
- Josephine of Leuchtenberg, was Queen consort of Sweden and Norway as the wife of King Oscar I
- Josephine St. Pierre Ruffin, Josephine St
- Josephine Tewson, English stage and television actress
- Josephine Siao, Since retiring
- Josephine Chaplin, American actress and the daughter of filmmaker Charlie Chaplin and his last wife
- Josephine Louise Newcomb, philanthropist whose donations led to the founding of Newcomb College at Tulane University
- Josephine Clara Goldmark, advocate of labor law reform
- Josephine Humphreys, American novelist
- Josephine Barstow, English opera singer and soprano
- Josephine Wiggs, English multi-instrumentalist rock musician best
- Josephine Shaw Lowell, Progressive Reform leader in the United States
- Josephine Johnson, American novelist, poet, and essayist
- Josephine Mitchell, Australian actress
- Josephine Alhanko, Swedish actress and former Miss Sweden title holder
- Josephine Adair portrayed leading role of Mary - age 6, prologue in 1922 drama film In the Name of the Law.
- Josephine Drake characterized main role of Anna Watling in 1914 drama film Clothes.
- Josephine Dunn portrayed key character of Ethelyn Horn in 1929 action and adventure flick The Sin Sister.
- Josephine Earle, from 1921 romance film The Way of a Man, who portrayed Lady Ethel Elsford.
- Josephine Headley, from 1917 comedy, drama flick Polly Ann, who played the Mrs. Magie.
- In 1978, Josephine Helene characterized the role of N in drama flick Os Sensuais - Crônica de Uma Família Pequeno-Burguesa.
- In 1926, Josephine Hill characterized the role of Alice Bartlett in action and adventure movie The Blind Trail.
- Josephine Huzinec, from 1997 comedy flick Maya, who portrayed Woman.
- In 1983, Josephine Jacqueline Jones characterized the role of Venus in drama, romance movie Black Venus.
- Josephine Koo, from 2004 drama flick Meili Shanghai, who characterized the N.
- Josephine Manuel played key character of Maria Teresa in 1981 action and adventure movie Tatlong baraha.
- In 1927, Josephine Norman portrayed the role of Zita's Maid in drama, romance film The Forbidden Woman.
- In 1917 drama, romance film, The Greater Woman, Josephine Park characterized Fanny Praed.
- Josephine Smulders portrayed the important role of Kerri Dean in 1984 drama, sport film The Coolangatta Gold.
- Josephine Taylor played the significant character of Her Mother in 1916 drama film The Man from Manhattan.
- In 1937, Josephine Huntley Wright characterized the role of Daisy in comedy, musical movie Wake Up Famous.
- In 1914 film, Frau Gertraud Namenlos, Josephine Josephi portrayed N.
- In 2014 drama flick, Innenkind, Josephine Schmidt played Suzanna Kodermann.
- Josephine Estrada characterized main character of N in 1962 action and adventure film Tanzan the Mighty.
- In 1973 comedy movie, Teenager-Report - Die ganz jungen Mädchen, Josephine Bayerl played N.
- In 2008, Josephine A. Blankstein played the role of Ricky's ex-girlfriend in romance flick Hua chi le na nv hai.
Lists having Josephine
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Jose
- Boy names that ends with -ine
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1978)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1938)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2013)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2015)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Increase
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Increases
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh