Alice name meaning
On This Page
What does Alice mean?
Eminent and Evergreen unisex name Alice has origin in Old High German and Germanic, meaning of Alice is "Nobility, Noble and Fighting or Noble Sort" is particulary used in Oriya, Marathi, Danish, Malayalam, Tamil, Faroese, English, French, Hindi, Bengali, Icelandic, Kannada, Gujarati, German, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish and Telugu.
Alice is abridged form of Adelheid. Adelheid is variation of well-liked and ceaseless Adela. Also Adelheid is variant of eternal and prevalent Adelaide. Adelheid is equivalent of Adalhaid in German language.
Dominant and Perpetual Germanic and Old High German Adelheid, meaning of Adelheid is "Of a Noble Kind, Of Noble Figure and Noble and Fight". Alice is equivalent of Aliz in French and English languages.
Alice is celebrated on December 16.
Is the name Alice suitable for a newborn?
Yes, the name Alice is a suitable name for a newborn girl. It has German origins and means noble, which makes it a great choice for parents looking to give their daughter a strong and meaningful name.
Alice also has positive connotations, since it is the name of the beloved heroine in Lewis Carroll's classic story "Alice in Wonderland". Furthermore, it is an English name that is quite popular in many countries around the world.
All in all, Alice is a beautiful and timeless name that can be used to honor and empower your daughter throughout her life.
How do I pronounce Alice?
ahl-is is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Alice. The other ways to say the name is al-is.
Variants of Alice
Nicknames for Alice
There are plenty of nicknames to go along with Alice. Some of those include:
How popular is the name Alice?
Alice was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 565626 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 1880, it ranked 8th when 11955 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 243 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 10 times Also, Alice was among the popular names in England and Wales.
Since emerging in 1996 around 39359 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 2016, 2357 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 17th position.
However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 23 times Also, Alice was a popular name in France.
Over 192569 babies have been given the first name in 126 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2016, it ranked 4th when 3745 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 126 years but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 3 times Also, a popular name in Italy having over 79689 recievers in 20 years of usage.
Currently the name is rising, in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 4th spot and 4802 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 3 times Also, Alice was among the popular names in Sweden.
Since emerging in 1998 around 9824 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 2011, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 985 baby girls were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 14 years but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 6 times
A common name in Ireland having over 4221 recievers in 56 years of usage.
Recently the name is rising, in 2018, it ranked 33rd when 181 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Alice is a common name in Switzerland given to over 2638 babies in 21 years.
Currently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 26th spot and 215 baby girls were given the name. Also, Alice was a common name in Belgium. Over 5644 babies have been named Alice since 1995.
When at the peak of its usage in 2015,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 24 years but it is still in a strong position. Also, Alice is common in New South Wales where over 3192 new-borns have been given the name since 1986.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2017, it ranked 37th when 168 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in Queensland with over 1582 new-borns have been given the name since 1989.
Recently peaking at the charts, it ranked 36th when 123 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, A common name in Victoria with over 1353 new-borns have been given the name since 2008.
Presently peaking at the charts, 143 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 30th position. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 11 times
Alice is a familiar baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 68 babies were given Alice and it reached its peak ranking, 28 on girl names chart. Alice is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 276 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Alice. Over 221 people have been named Alice in Netherlands.
Alice is a rare baby name in Western Australia still in use today.
However things change on global perspective, Alice is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in, Uganda, Brazil, Rwanda and Kenya. Also the baby name is popular in Burundi, Zambia, Mozambique, Angola, Malawi, England, Zimbabwe, DR Congo, Cameroon, Ghana, Benin, Germany, South Africa, Canada, Sierra Leone, Philippines, Tanzania, India, Liberia, Congo, Portugal, Papua New Guinea, Sudan, Malaysia, Chad, Madagascar, Australia, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, Scotland, Burkina Faso, Romania, Egypt, Guinea, Togo, Mali, China, Israel and Ivory Coast.
According to our findings, over 2610000 babies have been named Alice globally.
Alice in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Alice
You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize. You are dominant when it comes to relationships. You are always open to experience something new. You are a peacemaker and always avoid conflicts. You can turn from the excessive thinker into a careless child in no time. You should avoid treating other people like you are better than them.
Do you like Alice? Other names you would love
- Sherri means From the White Meadow or Beloved is originated from French and Old English which is used in English is a gender insensitive name . On baby girl chart, commonly accepted Sherri was spotted at 441st position in 1985 in United States
- Bryce - Prevailing unisex name Bryce is used in English and English, meaning of Bryce is "Spotted or The Element Brych Meaning Speckled" is rooted from Welsh and Latin
- Gene - Commonly used in English persistent and prevailing, Gene used for both boys and girls, meaning of Gene is "Noble or Form of Eugene" is of Old Greek origin
- Kimberly - Kimberly's meaning is Cyborgs Field, Ruler or From the Meadow of the Royal Fortress is rooted from Old English, a gender insensitive name is substantially used in English, Swedish and Finnish
- Julius - Used largely in Greenlandic and Swedish unfading and renowned, Julius means "Jove's Child, Descended from Jupiter (Jove) or Illustrious Roman Family". Its origin is in Latin and Greek is a unisex name
Middle names for Alice
Here are some sought-after and familiar middle names we think go great with Alice, we've got you covered with these sought-after and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Alice.
Sibling Names for Alice
Choosing a name for your child can be a daunting task, especially when you have multiple options to consider. If you have decided on the name "Alice" for your baby girl, then finding the perfect sibling names can be exciting yet challenging. Here is a list of some beautiful and unique names that pair well with Alice.
Sister for Alice
Brother for Alice
Famous people named Alice
- Alice Prin, French artist's model, literary muse, nightclub singer
- Alice Cary, American poet
- Alice Thomas Ellis, British writer and essayist
- Alice Duer Miller, writer
- Alice Lisle, landed lady of the English county of Hampshire
- Alice Bunker Stockham, obstetrician and gynecologist
- Alice Pruvot-Fol, French opisthobranch malacologist
- Alice Brock, American artist
- Alice Walton, American heiress to the fortune of Walmart Inc
- Alice Meynell, English writer, editor, critic, and suffragist
- Alice Cocéa, Romanian-born French actress and singer
- Alice Auma, Acholi spirit-medium who
- Alice Mary Smith, English composer
- Alice Milligan, Irish nationalist poet and writer
- Alice Strike, last surviving female Canadian military First World War veteran
- Alice Hanratty, Irish artist
- Alice Maher, artist
- Alice Schwarzer, German journalist and prominent contemporary feminist
- Alice Guszalewicz, Hungarian dramatic soprano
- Alice Henry, Australian suffragist
- Alice Ambrose, American philosopher, logician, and author
- Alice Jamieson, American Calgary, Alberta feminist and magistrate
- Alice Oswald, British poet from Reading, Berkshire
- Alice Artzt, American guitarist from New York City
- Alice Randall, American author and songwriter of African-American descent
- Alice Dixon Le Plongeon, English photographer, amateur archeologist
- Alice Nzomukunda, Burundian politician and former Second Vice-President of the country
- Alice Betteridge, Australian woman known as the first deafblind child to be educated
- Alice Hegan Rice, American novelist
- Alice Kyteler, first recorded person condemned for witchcraft
- Alice Glenn, Irish Fine Gael politician
- Alice Stone Ilchman, served as the eighth president of Sarah Lawrence College
- Alice McCoy, lives in Rapid City, South Dakota
- Alice Elliott Dark, modern short story author and novelist
- Alice Temple, English musician, singer and songwriter
- Alice Geer Kelsey, 20th-century author of numerous children's books
- Alice Starmore, professional needleworker
- Alice Morse Earle, American historian and author from Worcester
- Alice Vieira, Portuguese children's book author
- Alice Bush, pioneering New Zealand female physician
- Alice Charlotte von Rothschild, socialite and member of the prominent Rothschild banking family of Austria
- Alice Lounsberry, American botanist and author active
- Alice Becker-Ho, author of Les Princes du Jargon
- Alice Chestre, merchant and a benefactor of the city of Bristol
- Alice Gerrard, American bluegrass singer, banjoist
- Alice Cook, activist and professor of labor history at Cornell University
- Alice Miller, Swiss psychologist
- Alice Hamilton, American physician, research scientist
- Alice Wilson, MBE, FRSC
- Alice Cunningham Fletcher, American ethnologist, anthropologist
- Alice Walker, American novelist, short story writer, poet
- Alice in Chains, American rock band from Seattle, Washington,
- Alice B. Toklas, American-born member of the Parisian avant-garde of the early 20th century
- Alice Heine, American-born second wife of Prince Albert I of Monaco
Lists having Alice
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ali
- Girl names that ends with -ice
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Nobility
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Fighting