Alyssa name meaning
What does Alyssa mean?
Alyssa's meaning is Sweet Angel, Noble Sort, German or Joy used for both sexes, used primarily in Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, English and Hebrew is of Germanic, Hebrew and Old High German origin. Alyssa is variant form of acclaimed and enduring Alicia. Alicia is Latin, English and Spanish cognate of Alice. Alicia means Noble and German Origin and Means Noble has its origin in Old High German and Germanic. Alyssa is variant of noteworthy Alisa. Alisa is form of renowned Alise. Alisa is equivalent of Alice in Dutch and Old High German languages. Also Alisa is form of Adelheid in German language. Alisa is also Slavic, Russian and German equivalent of Alice. Alisa is also English and Russian equivalent of Alicia. Pleasing and Mainstream Hot Alisa is originated from Old High German and Hebrew, Alisa means "Kind Type and Of a Noble Kind". Alyssa is derivation of Adelaide. Adelaide is version of pleasing and enduring Adela. Adelaide is equivalent of Adelheid in French language. Also Adelaide is Nordic form of Adélaïde. Origin of Popular and Soaring Sky-scraping Adelaide is in Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Adelaide is "Noble and Fight and Of a Noble Kind". The name is celebrated on December 16.
Does Alyssa sound like a good baby name?
Alyssa is a popular baby girl name that has gained appeal due to its soft and harmonious sounds. It is derived from the Greek language, which adds an exotic touch to it. The name has a graceful aura to it, which makes it sound majestic and elegant. One of the most notable aspects of Alyssa as a baby girl name is that it possesses both modern and traditional vibes. It strikes a perfect balance between being innovative while retaining its classic roots. Alyssa is also incredibly versatile when it comes to nicknames, ranging from Lyssie or Ally to Lissa or Alys. Its unique spelling, coupled with its attractive meaning - Rational; Noble - makes Alyssa an ideal choice for parents who want their daughter's name to leave a lasting impression on others.
How do I pronounce Alyssa?
The two syllabled name Alyssa is commonly pronounced as ah-lis-ah. The other ways to say the name are a-lyssa or al(ys)-sa.
Variants of Alyssa
Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aalyssa, Alicia, Alisa, Allison, Alyson, Alice, Aalicia, Aliciamarie, Alise, Adelheid, Aelisa, Celissa, Elissa, Elisheba, Elysia, Elisa, Alysia, Alyssamarie
Nicknames for Alyssa
Plenty of nicknames available for the baby name Alyssa include:Names that rhyme with Alyssa
How popular is the name Alyssa?
Alyssa was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 306829 babies have been named Alyssa since 1950. At its zenith in 1998, 14035 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. However after 98 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 25 times Also, Alyssa was a popular name in France. Over 10104 babies have been given the given name in 34 years. At its zenith in 2005, the moniker grabbed the 112nd spot and 600 baby girls were given the name. However after 34 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 29 times
Alyssa is common in England and Wales where over 5394 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2004, it ranked 144th when 360 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, In Belgium, Alyssa was once a common name since emerging in 1995 it has been given to over 1762 babies. When at its peak in 2011,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In New South Wales, Alyssa was once a common name since emerging in 1990 it has been given to over 3051 babies. When at its peak in 2004,. After 23 years, the name has past its prime. Also, A common name in Queensland with over 1338 new-borns have been given the name since 2000. At its zenith in 2003, the moniker grabbed the 30th spot and 116 baby girls were given the name. Also, A common name in Victoria with over 706 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2010, it ranked 37th when 106 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Alyssa is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 79 on girl names chart when 83 babies were given the name Alyssa. Over 1117 people have been named Alyssa in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 230 on girl names chart when 58 babies were given the name Alyssa. Over 269 babies in Netherlands have been named Alyssa.
Alyssa is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1991 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 172 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Alyssa. Over 411 people have been named Alyssa in Ireland. Alyssa is a rare baby name in Northern Territory there is very thin chances of it still being given as it was last seen in 2008. But Alyssa is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in Canada. At least, 330000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Alyssa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Alyssa
Appreciate yourself and your partner more. Otherwise, you'll end up alone. If you have the letter A as your cornerstone, you are a born leader who likes to have control over everything. Your attitude is expressive and energetic. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. Believe it or not, people's stupidity and superficial attitude towards life can inspire you like nothing else can.
Looking for names similar to Alyssa? Please go through the following names
- Mya - Predominant and Skyrocketing Hot Mya came from Latin and Burmese is used in Danish, Norwegian and Burmese, meaning of Mya is "Midwife or Wet Nurse" is bestowed upon both sexes. On baby girl chart, famed Mya reached 197th position in 2018 in United States
- Minnie - Noteworthy and Ever lasting unisex name Minnie means "Desire, Offered to the Lord or Helmet" which originated from Latin and Hebrew is chiefly used in Scottish, Danish and Finnish
- Tina - Dominantly used in Kannada, Faroese and Bengali durable and pleasing, Tina is rooted from Germanic, Old Greek and Latin and is bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Tina is "The Pure, Holy or Christian Woman"
- Shaun - Commonly Accepted unisex name Shaun means "God is Merciful or Yahweh is Gracious" which is used in Danish, English and Norwegian is originated from Hebrew
- Marcia - Mostly used in Tamil, Spanish and Kannada persistent and darling, Marcia aimed at both sexes, meaning of Marcia is "Protector of Man or Dedicated to Mars" has its origin in Aramaic and Latin
Sibling Names for Alyssa
If you have chosen the name Alyssa for your baby girl, you may already be thinking about potential sibling names. Choosing a name for your newborn can be a daunting task, but we've compiled a list of sibling names that would pair perfectly with Alyssa. Here are some options to consider.
Sister for Alyssa
Names for Alyssa's brother
Celebrity Baby News
- New Parents Nick Cannon & Alyssa Scott Welcome Daughter Halo Marie
Nick Cannon and Alyssa Scott’s family just got a little bigger — and much more special. On Wednesday, December 14, the couple welcomed their second child together, daughter Halo Marie Cannon.
Famous people named Alyssa
- Alyssa Brugman, Australian author of fiction for young adults
- Alyssa A. Goodman, Robert Wheeler Willson Professor of Applied Astronomy at Harvard University
- Alyssa Milano, American actress, liberal activist, producer
- Alyssa Diaz, American actress
- Alyssa Beckerman, former American gymnast
- Alyssa Peterson, United States Army soldier
- Alyssa Alano, Filipina-Australian film and TV actress
- Alyssa LaRoche, Aimee Weber Studio Inc
- Alyssa George, pageant competitor from Minneapolis
- Alyssa Alps in Hot Ice as Actress
- Alyssa Chia in Han chan xiao ying as Actress
- Alyssa Haber in The Lords of Praxton as Actress
- Alyssa Jewell in Rich Hill as
- Alyssa Dior in Slutty & Sluttier 6 as Actress
- Alyssa Lovelace in Playboy: Sexiest Amateur Home Videos as
- Alyssa Jenkins in Uniform Behaviour as Actress
- Alyssa Murphy in Entitled as Writer
- Alyssa Clark in Hellraiser: Inferno as Editorial Department
- Alyssa Mendonsa, an Indian playback singer, has started her debut in the movie "Karthik Calling Karthik" after performing her first musical theme entitled "Uff Teri Adaa".
- In 1995 drama, fantasy film, Behind the Waterfall, Alyssa Hansen portrayed Alex.
- In 2013, Alyssa Simon portrayed the role of Claire in comedy and horror movie They Will Outlive Us All.
- In 2000 thriller film, Raindrops, Alyssa Cowell played Anna Parker.
Lists having Alyssa
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Aly
- Girl names that ends with -ssa
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2007)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2008)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Sweet
- Baby Names that mean Angel
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Fighting
- Baby Names that mean Joy