Carina meaning and origin
Well-Known unisex name Carina is originated from Italian and Latin, meaning of Carina is "Beloved, Keel of a Ship, Pure, Dear Little One, Darling or The Word Carino Which is of the Meaning Pretty Cute" is especially used in Tamil, English, Norwegian, Danish, Italian, Greenlandic, Finnish, Swedish, German and Scandinavian. Carina is version of trendy Karina. Karina is version of trendy Carina. Also Karina is a variation of widespread Karin. Karina is also variation of darling Karine. Karina is also variant form of Oskarine. Karina is diminutive of Cara. Also Karina is short version of Karen. Karina is Italian form of Carine. Karina means Dear Little One, Dear and Pure is originated from Latin, Italian and Old Greek. Carina is short form of Katharina. Katharina is a variation of well-known Karine. Katharina is resultant of Catherine. Katharina's meaning is Pure  and Each of the Two is rooted from Old Greek. Also Carina is Italian form of Cara. It is celebrated on November 7th.
Variants of Carina
View middle names that goes with Carina like Aimee, Lovie, Marcia, Madeline, Sheila, Earlene,Names that rhyme with Carina
Popularity of Carina
Carina is a popular name in United States given to over 15346 babies in 76 years. At the peak of its usage in 1995, it ranked 382nd when 689 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 6 times Carina was a common name in Denmark. Over 867 babies have been named Carina since 1989. When at its peak in 1989,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 2 times
Carina is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 737 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Carina. Over 469 babies in England and Wales have been named Carina. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1955 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1974, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 563 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Carina. There are over 937 babies that have been given the name Carina in France. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 145 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Carina. There are over 590 babies that have been given the name Carina in Switzerland.
Carina is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 30 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 228 people have been named Carina in Ireland. Carina is a rare baby name in Denmark, chances of it being still in use are very slim. Over 867 babies in Denmark have been named Carina. and also in Belgium. But Carina is a popular baby name in Argentina where every 1 in 600 have the name as well as in, Brazil, Germany, Philippines, Portugal, Mexico and Mozambique. According to our estimate, at least 310000 people have been bestowed Carina around the globe.
Carina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Carina
You are daring and courageous. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. Stop undervaluing love and relationships. You can stare at a wall and not feel bored because of your busy mind. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong.
Do you like Carina? Read these names too
- Poul - Used specifically in Faroese, Norwegian and Finnish far-out, Poul is rooted from Latin and Old Greek, Poul means "The Small or The Humble" is aimed at baby boys
- Rice means Moorish came from Latin and Welsh, mainly used in English is given to boys
- Jilliann - Curious unisex name Jilliann is prevalently used in English, Swedish and English, meaning of Jilliann is "Down-bearded or Jove's Child" is rooted from Latin
- Carpenter - Origin of Unexpected and Modernistic Carpenter is in Latin bestowed upon boys, meaning of Carpenter is "One who Makes Carriages"
- Vete - Unisex name Vete has origin in Latin is particulary used in Norwegian. Vete is Norwegian cognate of Vetle
Namesakes of Carina
- Carina Johansson,
- Carina Benninga, former Dutch field hockey player,
- Carina Ohlsson, Swedish social democratic politician
- Carina Burman, Swedish novelist and literature scholar
- Carina Christensen, Danish politician representing the Conservative People's Party
- Carina Hägg, Swedish social democratic politician
- Carina Lau, Hong Kong actress and singer
- Carina Round, British singer-songwriter
- Carina Beduschi, Brazilian actress, TV host, architect
- Carina Afable, retired Filipino actress and singer
- Carina Moberg, Swedish social democratic politician
- Carina Ljungdahl, Swedish former freestyle swimmer
- Carina Berg, Swedish comedian and television presenter
- Carina Görlin, Swedish former cross country skier
- Carina Persson in Playboy: Playmates at Play as
- Carina Lidbom in Sunes sommar as Actress
- Carina Dawn in Austin Powers in Goldmember as Miscellaneous Crew
- Carina Istre in Get Ready to Be Boyzvoiced as Actress
- Carina Worm in Christmas Through Your Eyes as Actress
- Carina Zampini in Collar de esmeraldas as Actress
- Carina Kirschner in Bodyshock.tv as
- Carina Aviles in The Optimist as Actress
- Carina Sacchelli in Overbooking as Actress
- Actor Carina Barone, famous for movie The Living Dead Girl
- In 2016, Carina Braunschmidt portrayed the role of Mutter in drama movie Zoe & Julie: Hidden Marks.
- Carina Eriksson characterized leading role of N in 1982 documentary flick Målaren.
- Carina M. Johansson portrayed leading role of Lena in 2001 drama movie Leva livet.
- In 1964 flick, Tránsito, Carina Vidal played N.
Lists having Carina
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -rina
- Boy names that starts with Car
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (1990)
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Ship
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Dear
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Darling
- Baby Names that mean Pretty
- Baby Names that mean Cute