Cara name meaning
On This Page
What does Cara mean?
Customary and Evergreen unisex name Cara is dominantly used in English, Danish, Finnish, German, Scottish, Swedish, Italian, Irish and Norwegian has its roots in Italian, Vietnamese, Celtic and Latin, Cara means "Beloved, Friend or Dear One".
Cara is form of imperishable and commonly accepted Carola. Carola is version of immutable and outstanding Carol. Also Carola is form of imperishable and renowned Caroline. Carola is derived from Charles.
Also Carola is derivation of Charlotte. Carola is feminine variation of Carolus or. Also Carola is a feminine of Carolus. Pleasing and Perennial Old High German, Germanic and English Carola, meaning of Carola is "War Horn and Song of Happiness".
Cara is a variation of cherished and ever lasting Carolina. Carolina is variant of well-known and perpetual Coralie. Also Carolina is a version of desirable and venerable Carola. Carolina is Nordic equivalent of Caroline.
Meaning of Carolina is Song of Happiness and Man is originated from Dutch and Portuguese.
How do I pronounce Cara?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Cara is c(a)-ra. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., kar-uh.
Variants of CaraNames that rhyme with Cara
How popular is the name Cara?
Cara was a popular name in United States. Over 51826 babies have been named Cara since 1882. When at its peak in 1985, the moniker grabbed the 184th spot and 1465 baby girls were given the name.
However after 146 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 43 times Cara was a common name in England and Wales.
Over 5685 babies have been named Cara since 1996. At its zenith in 2001,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but it is still going strong.
Also, A common name in Ireland having over 2431 recievers in 40 years of usage. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 29th spot and 185 baby girls were given the name.
Cara is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. Recently in 2017, it ranked 1076th when 40 girls were named Cara.
Over 314 babies in France have been named Cara. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2009, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 243 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Cara.
Over 373 babies in Belgium have been named Cara.
However things change on global perspective, Cara is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 8000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in England and Canada.
According to our evaluation, at least 250000 people have been bestowed Cara around the globe.
Cara in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Cara?
Your intellectual mind is always generating new creative ideas. There's nothing that you cannot achieve if you focus on it. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. You are a creative thinker who always comes with the best solutions. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. You always analyze something in your mind. You are a good listener and friend.
Go through the following names similar to Cara
- Caradec - Boy name Caradec is commonly used in English, meaning of Caradec is "Friend" is of Welsh and Celtic origin
- Yvonne - Persistent and Lofty Yvonne substantially is used in Finnish, Norwegian and Danish is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Yvonne is "Yew or The Word Iv with the Meaning Yew" has origin in French and Germanic
- Duryea - Offbeat Duryea is originated from Celtic is used as a baby boy name, Duryea means "An Enduring Man"
- Gwenvel - Gwenvel means "White or Chief" is originated from Celtic
- Brionne - Queer unisex name Brionne means "The Name of a Flowering Vine Used in Folk Medicine or A Flowering Vine" that of English and Celtic origin is especially used in English
Sibling Names for Cara
Finding the right name for your baby can be a daunting task, but choosing a sibling name that complements it can be even more challenging. If you've decided on the lovely name "Cara" for your little one, here are some perfect sibling names to consider.
Sister to Cara
For a brother
Famous people named Cara
- Cara Jones, American singer, songwriter, and a voice actor
- Cara Dillon, Irish folk singer
- Cara Pifko, Canadian actress known primarily for her work on television shows produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Cara Zavaleta, American model and actress,
- Cara DeLizia, American former actress and voice actress
- Cara Black, professional tennis player from Zimbabwe
- Cara Williams, American film and television actress
- Cara Heads, Olympic weightlifter for the United States
- Cara Buono, American actress
- Cara Luft, Canadian singer-songwriter
- Cara Seymour, English actress from Essex, England
- Cara Readle, British actress from Swansea, Wales
- Cara Capuano, American sports anchor for ESPNU
- Cara Lockwood, American novelist and the bestselling author of nine novels
- Cara Parrish in F**k the Neighborhood as Actress
- Cara Dee in Barely Legal Innocence 8 as Actress
- Cara Lott in One Nine Hundred as Actress
- Cara Marcous in On the Ice as Producer
- Cara DiPaolo in Talk for Tat as Writer
- Cara AnnMarie in Liberty's Secret: The 100% All-American Musical as Actress
- Cara Armstrong is renowned for her acting in movie Flick
- In 1967 crime, drama flick, Whip's Women, Cara Peters played Louise.
- In drama flick, The Standard, Cara Alvey portrayed Elizabeth.
- In 1999, Cara Marsan portrayed the role of Linda in action, crime movie Braulio tapang.
- In 2011, Cara Castronuova portrayed the role of Mary Roberts in horror movie The Wishing Box.
- Cara Maurizi portrayed central character of Carol In horror film Essence.
Lists having Cara
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Car
- Girl names that ends with -ara
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1986)
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean Dear
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Precious
- Baby Names that mean Jewel
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Expensive