Lorcan meaning and origin
Well-Known boy name Lorcan is used in Irish has its roots in Old Irish, Latin, Celtic and Gaelic, meaning of Lorcan is "Little Fierce One, Brave Fighter or Quiet". Lorcan is Irish equivalent of Laurence.
Variants of LorcanNames that rhyme with Lorcan
Popularity of Lorcan
Lorcan is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 481 on boy names chart when 59 babies were given the name Lorcan. Over 859 babies in England and Wales have been named Lorcan. Also, in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 87 on boy names chart when 86 babies were given the name Lorcan. There are over 2286 babies that have been given the name Lorcan in Ireland.
Lorcan is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 6000. There are over 177 babies that have been given the name Lorcan in United States. It had a short run of 6 years on France boy names chart. Also, Lorcan is a familiar name in England and Northern Ireland. As per our research, over 3000 babies have been bestowed Lorcan around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Lorcan
You are creative by soul and like to amaze people with your unusual actions. You allow yourself to change your mind and perspective from time to time if you find out that someone's way is better than yours. People admire you for your honesty but they also fear what you have to say about their life. You get disappointed when you realize that most people worry more about social appearances rather than personal growth.
Do you like Lorcan? You would love these names
- Ciarán is used predominantly in Finnish and Danish aimed at boys is originated from Celtic. Ciarán is form of Ciar in Irish language
- Fursy - Boy name Fursy is of Celtic and German origin, Fursy means "Prince"
- Dorren - The queer unisex name Dorren means "Stranger or Dark-bowed". It is rooted from Celtic is used prevalently in English
- Kaylah - Kaylah's meaning is Pure or Beloved is mostly used in English and English and is bestowed upon both sexes has its origin in Old Irish, Hebrew and Celtic
- Berit - Unconventional girl name Berit means "The Exalted One", particulary used in Nordic, Swedish and German came from Old Norse and Celtic
Namesakes of Lorcan
- Lorcan Dempsey, Vice-President and Chief Strategist of the Online Computer Library Center
- Lorcan O'Herlihy, son of the actor Dan O'Herlihy
- Lorcan Robbins, –1939
- Lorcan Allen, Irish farmer and former Fianna Fáil politician
- Lorcan Cranitch, Irish actor
- Lorcan Cronin, striker
- Lorcan O'Toole in Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont as Actor
Lists having Lorcan
- Boy names beginning with L
- American Boy Names
- Celtic Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Gaelic Boy Names
- Irish Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2015)
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Fierce
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Fighter
- Baby Names that mean Quiet