Lauren name meaning
What does Lauren mean?
The name Lauren has several possible origins. One is that it is a variant of the Latin name Laurence, meaning "from Laurentum". Another is that it comes from the Old French word for "laurel", which was used as a symbol of victory and honor.
Lauren first became a popular given name in the United States in the 1920s, reaching its peak in 1984 when it was the second most popular name for baby girls. Since then, it has been declining in popularity but remains a widely used name.
There are many famous people with the name Lauren, including actresses Lauren Bacall and Lauren Graham, model Lauren Hutton, and fashion designer Ralph Lauren.
After doing some research, it seems that Lauren is a great choice for a baby girl's name. It has roots in Latin and Old French, meaning "wreath" or "laurel." The name began being used in England after the Norman Conquest of 1066. It was popularized in the United States by actress Lauren Bacall, who was born Betty Joan Perske.Overall, Lauren is a beautiful name with a rich history that can be passed down to your daughter.
How do I pronounce Lauren?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Lauren is lahr-en. la(u)-ren is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Lauren
Laurentia, Laurentius, Lareen, Laurana, Laurina, Lori, Laure, Larsine, Loren, Laura, Lorena, Laurenelizabeth
Nicknames for Lauren
You can playfully shorten given name Lauren with these possibleNames that rhyme with Lauren
How popular is the name Lauren?
Lauren is an extremely popular in United States where over 473952 new-borns have been given the name since 1884. Currently the name is rising, in 1989, it ranked 9th when 21062 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 10 baby names 2 times Also, Lauren was among the very popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 50308 babies have been given the first name. When at its peak in 1996, 6299 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 5th position. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times Also, Lauren was among the popular names in New South Wales. Since emerging in 1977 around 12034 babies have been given the given name. At its zenith in 1984, the moniker grabbed the 5th spot and 647 baby girls were given the name. After 35 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 5 baby names 1 times
Lauren is common in Ireland where over 9680 new-borns have been given the name since 1971. At its zenith in 2001, it ranked 6th when 492 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Lauren was a common name in France. Over 3973 babies have been named Lauren since 1958. When at the peak of its usage in 1995,. However after 54 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Lauren is common in Netherlands where over 2016 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. Currently the name is rising, in 2016, 447 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 19th position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, Lauren was a common name in Belgium. Over 2022 babies have been named Lauren since 1995. At its zenith in 1995,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 30 years. Also, Lauren used to be a common name in Queensland, first appeared in 1976 and over 5216 babies have been given the name in 34 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1995,. After 34 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Lauren used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 1983 and over 1946 babies have been given the name in 14 years. At its zenith in 1985,. After 14 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times
Lauren is a familiar baby name in Victoria during its short run, it been to the top 100 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 87 on girl names chart when 62 babies were given the name Lauren. The moniker is a rare baby name in Victoria and may not be used now as it was last seen in 2008. But Lauren is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Australia, Canada, South Africa and Scotland. At least, 560000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Lauren in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Lauren?
If your name ends with letter N, you are not an ordinary person. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong. If you put your mind on something, giving up before its done is out of the question. You enjoy challenges because they force you to extend your limits and give more than you thought you can. You are stubborn and self-motivated.
Parents who liked Lauren, loved these names
- Mirabella - Used notably in Norwegian and Finnish far-out, Mirabella means "Mirabilis or Magnificent" and is given to girls is rooted from Latin
- Lorenc - Boy name Lorenc is of Latin origin, meaning of Lorenc is "Laurel" is largely used in Albanian
- Tyana means King of the Sabines is principally used in English and a girl name has its origin in Indoeuropean, English and Latin
- Neptunus mostly is used in Finnish and Scandinavian, meaning of Neptunus is "Powerful, Lord or I Flow" which originated from Finnish and Dutch is a baby boy name
- Volkan - Used in Turkish, Volkan came from Latin and is given to baby boys, Volkan means "Volcano"
Middle names for Lauren
Here is a list of popular and familiar middle names that go with the baby name Lauren.
View more middle names that goes with Lauren.
Celebrity Baby News
- Lauren Collins Expands Her Family with a Sweet New Addition
Canadian actress and former Degrassi: The Next Generation star Lauren Collins just announced her second pregnancy in a heartwarming Instagram post. The 36-year-old who played the role of Paige Michalchuk on the show, is expecting a baby with her husband Jonathan Malen and shared a sweet selfie where she places her hand on her baby bump while smiling for the photo.
Famous people named Lauren
- Lauren Hutton, American model and actress
- Lauren Bay-Regula, Canadian athlete and sportswoman
- Lauren Cahoon, (born January 20, 1985 in Jacksonville
- Lauren Phillips, Welsh television actress from Bridgend, Wales
- Lauren B. Davis, Canadian writer
- Lauren Kelsey Hall,
- Lauren Barrett, American actress, singer, songwriter
- Lauren Hewitt, track and field sprinter from Australia
- Lauren Terrazzano, American journalist best known for her "Life
- Lauren Wood, American singer-songwriter
- Lauren Savoy, American composer, director and writer
- Lauren Glassberg, American journalist
- Lauren Berlant, George M. Pullman Distinguished Service Professor of English at the University of Chicago
- Lauren Bacall, American actress
- Lauren Michelle Hill, American model and actress
- Lauren Lee Smith, Canadian actress
- Lauren Tom, American actress and voice actress
- Lauren Graham, American actress and author
- Lauren Weinstein, American comic book artist and illustrator
- Lauren Harris, British rock singer and classically trained actor
- Lauren Bush, CEO and Co-Founder of FEED Projects
- Lauren Ambrose, pqarchiver
- Lauren Koslow, American actress, best
- Lauren Laverne, English radio DJ, model, television presenter
- Lauren Collins, Canadian actress and writer
- Lauren, retired Cameroonian footballer of Equatoguinean origin
- Lauren Lane, American television and stage actress
- Lauren Vélez, American actress and the twin sister of actress Lorraine Vélez
- Lauren Holly, American-Canadian actress
- Lauren Jones, American fashion designer, model, former Barker's Beauty on 'The Price Is Right'
- Lauren Christy, English singer, songwriter and record producer
- Lauren Anderson, American model
- Lauren Weisberger, American novelist and author of the 2003 bestseller 'The Devil Wears Prada'
- Lauren Booth, English broadcaster, journalist and activist
- Lauren Sánchez, Emmy Award winning American news anchor, entertainment reporter, media personality
- Lauren Goodnight, American radio host, voice actress, sex-educator
- Lauren Woodland, American actress and attorney
- Lauren Green, Chief Religion Correspondent for the Fox News Channel
- Lauren Conrad, American television personality, fashion designer
- Lauren Slater, American psychologist and writer
- Lauren Storm, She is perhaps best
- Lauren S. McCready, was one of the builders and founders of the United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Lauren Faust, American animator, screenwriter, director
- Lauren London, American film actress, model
- Lauren Tewes, American actress
- Lauren Manning, American author, entrepreneur, and businesswoman
- Lauren Greenfield, American artist, documentary photographer
- Lauren MacMullan, American animation director
- Lauren Wenger, American water polo player for the University of Southern California
- Lauren Shuler Donner, American film producer
Lists having Lauren
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Lau
- Boy names that ends with -ren
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2011)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2000)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2009)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (1999)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2008)
- Baby Names that mean Laurel
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Sweet
- Baby Names that mean Bay
- Baby Names that mean Symbolic
- Baby Names that mean Honor
- Baby Names that mean Victory
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Crowned
- Baby Names that mean Stem
- Baby Names that mean End
- Baby Names that mean Wreath