Madelyn meaning and origin
Origin of Darling and Enduring Madelyn is in Hebrew is especially used in English and is used for both boys and girls, meaning of Madelyn is "Of Magdala". Madelyn is variant form of biblical and long standing Magdalena. Magdalena is form of Μαγδαληνη Which is a Greek Form of a Hebrew Epithet: in Latin language. Magdalena's meaning is Villager of Galilee, The Biblical Mary Magdalene Came from Magdala Area Near the Sea of Galilee and Magdalene has its origin in Hebrew. Madelyn is spelling variation of Madeline. Madeline is version of outstanding, biblical and eternal Magdalena. Also Madeline is a variation of perennial and cherished Madeleine. Madeline is form of Magdalena in English and French languages. Madeline's meaning is Native of Magdala and From the High Tower is rooted from Hebrew.
Variants of Madelyn
View middle names that goes with Madelyn like Darlene, Dianna, Jaylynn, Kristie, Fallon, Pearlie,Names that rhyme with Madelyn
Popularity of Madelyn
a popular name in United States with over 91261 new-borns have been given the name since 1890. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2009, the moniker grabbed the 59th spot and 4563 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 11 times Madelyn is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 814 on girl names chart when 47 babies were named Madelyn. There are over 552 babies that have been given the name Madelyn in England and Wales.
Madelyn is an uncommon baby name in France still in use today. But Madelyn is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 5000 have the name. According to our research, over 90000 babies have been named Madelyn globally.
What numbers say about Madelyn?
People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. You learn from your mistakes faster than others. You enjoy tense situations and complex problems that require a lot of thinking and creativity. You are influential and use your influence to do great things. You are a fighter for good but always attract the worst people in your life. You are the most active, livingly human being in your surroundings.
Looking for names similar to Madelyn? Please go through the following names
- Abisha - Sufficiently quirky and Fresh girl name Abisha has its origin in Hebrew, meaning of Abisha is "The Lord is My Father or Gift of God" is mostly used in Telugu and Hindi
- Mariannick means Sea or Graces is originated from Hebrew, used prevalently in Breton
- Aronne - Meaning of Aronne is The Enlightened is specifically used in Italian and German and is aimed at boys came from Hebrew
- Lapriel - The queer girl name Lapriel means "God is My Strength, Strong as a Bear and Christan" has origin in Hebrew. Lapriel is derivative of Gabriel.
- Nissim - Unusual Nissim specifically is used in Tamil and Telugu, meaning of Nissim is "Wonders or Sign Miracle", rooted from Hebrew is given to baby boys
Namesakes of Madelyn
- Madelyn Pugh, television writer
- Madelyn Clare, American actress during the early twentieth century
- Madelyn Cates in The Producers as Actress
- Madelyn Lasky in LOL as Actress
- Madelyn Gosselin in 10 Little Pumpkins as
- Madelyn Davis in One Life to Live as Writer
- Madelynn Eldredge in The Tooth Fare as Actress
- Madelyn Night in Other Men's Wives as Actress
- Madelyn Monroe in Amateur Introductions 14 as Actress
- Madelyn Marie in BATFXXX: Dark Night Parody as Actress
- Madelyn Deutch in 50 to 1 as Actress
- Madelyn Buzzard in movie Three on a Meathook as Actress