Christina name meaning
On This Page
What does Christina mean?
Long standing and Desirable Christina chiefly is used in Greek, Icelandic, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Kannada, Old Norse, Tamil, English, German and Greenlandic is originated from Latin, meaning of Christina is "Anointed, Form of Christopher, Disciple of Christ, Beautiful Christian, Disciple of the Christ or The Anointed One" is a gender insensitive name .
Christina is a variant form of ever lasting, biblical and noteworthy Christiana. Christiana is a variant form of perennial and biblical Christina. Christiana is feminine of Christian. Also Christiana is effeminate form of Christianus.
Also Christiana is spelling variant of KRIST;ANN. Christiana means Christian, Christian Woman and Disciple of Christ is originated from Latin. Christina is resultant of Christine. Christine is variant form of biblical and illustrous Christina.
Christine is form of Christiane in Greek language. Prominent and Ever lasting Christine is originated from Latin language, Christine means "The Anointed One, Follower of Christ and Beautiful Christian". Christina is an effeminate version of Christian.
Christian is a version of Christianus. Outstanding and Evergreen Christian came from Greek and Latin, meaning of Christian is "Follower of Christ and Christian". It is celebrated on July 24th.
How does Christina sound as a baby name?
Christina is a popular name for baby girls that has been around for centuries. It has gained popularity due to its association with Christianity and being a follower of Christ.
One of the main features of Christina as a baby girl name is its sweetness and femininity which makes it perfect for parents who want a name that embodies all things girly.
Another special characteristic of this name is its versatility; it can be shortened to many cute nicknames such as Chrissy, Tina, or Chris depending on what the parents prefer. Overall, Christina is an elegant and timeless name that exudes grace and sophistication, making it a great choice for any baby girl.
How do I pronounce Christina?
The two syllabled name Christina is pronounced, kr(ih)-stee-nah. There are multiple ways to say the baby name, i.e., ch-risti-na or chr(is)-tina.
Variants of Christina
Nicknames for Christina
The given name Christina has plenty of nicknames like:
How popular is the name Christina?
Christina was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 478434 babies have been given the name. At its zenith in 1975, it ranked 12nd when 16597 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 194 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 28 times Also, Christina was a popular name in Denmark.
Over 9830 babies have been named Christina since 1985. When at its peak in 1986, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 1060 baby girls were given the name. After 16 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 6 times
In England and Wales, Christina was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 2900 babies.
When at its peak in 1996,. After 23 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Christina used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1964 and over 4458 babies have been given the name in 56 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1964,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Christina used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1902 and over 7702 babies have been given the name in 100 years.
At the peak of its usage in 1972,. However after 100 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In New South Wales, Christina was once a common name since emerging in 1962 it has been given to over 1312 babies.
At its zenith in 1992,. After 15 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
In Queensland, Christina is a familiar name where it had been in use since for 11 from 1974 to 1993 and had secured the place in top 100 names.
In 1986, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 82 on girl names chart when 54 babies were given the name Christina. Over 481 people have been named Christina in Queensland.
Christina is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 231 on girl names chart when 32 babies were named Christina.
Over 363 people have been named Christina in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 373 on girl names chart when 35 babies were named Christina.
Over 127 people have been named Christina in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 336 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Christina.
Over 423 people have been named Christina in Belgium.
However things change on global perspective, Christina is extremely popular in Tanzania where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Germany.
Also the baby name is popular in Greece, South Africa, Malawi, England, Zambia, Canada, Egypt, Indonesia, Zimbabwe, Sweden, Philippines, Nigeria, Cameroon, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Austria, Ghana, Brazil, Scotland, Sudan, Australia, Uganda, Madagascar, Cyprus, India and DR Congo.
At least, 1720000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Christina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Christina
In order to do something unprecedented, you have to refocus from what's not important such as gossip, partying and messing around to what's really important and that's your dreams and expanding your knowledge. When it comes to love, you are a passionate lover but hard to commit. Wait until you find the right one. When it comes to your job, you are always the one with a new idea to present. Even if you hate it, you know that opening up to new experiences is good for your soul and personal progress.
Parents who liked Christina, loved these names
- Vannah - Rare girl name Vannah has origin in Latin, principally used in English language, meaning of Vannah is "Attractive or Good"
- Gratiana - Meaning of Gratiana is Thank You and Grace of God used for baby girls is originated from Hebrew and Latin. Gratiana is derivation of Grace.
- Angélica came from Greek and Latin is notably used in Spanish used as a baby girl name, meaning of Angélica is "Messenger, Angelic or Like An Angel"
- Chrislène - The Chrislène is rooted from Latin, Chrislène means "Disciple of the Christ"
- Lucian - Illustrous and Evergreen unisex name Lucian is used dominantly in English and Swedish. It is rooted from Old Greek and Latin, meaning of Lucian is "Form of Luke or Illumination"
Middle names for Christina
These sweet and familiar middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Christina .
View more middle names that goes with Christina.
Sibling Names for Christina
Choosing a name for your baby can be an exciting and daunting task. If you've decided on the name Christina, you might be wondering what other names would complement it well. Here are some sibling names that go perfectly with Christina, from traditional to modern and unique.
Sister for Christina
For a brother
Celebrity Baby News
- Bachelor Nation's Jordan Kimball and Christina Prepare for the Arrival of Baby No. 1
It has been a whirlwind year for Bachelor Nation's Jordan Kimball and Christina, who announced their pregnancy just months after getting married in Houston, Texas. The couple, who first met at an airport in Los Angeles in November 2019, have become one of the latest additions to the Bachelor Nation family with their upcoming baby.
Famous people named Christina
- Christina Nilsson, Swedish operatic soprano
- Christina Gyllenstierna, Swedish noble and a heroine
- Christina Wodtke, American businesswoman and specialist
- Christina McCall, Canadian political writer
- Christina Scherwin, Danish javelin thrower
- Christina Scull, researcher and writer best
- Christina Ebner, German Dominican nun, writer and mystic
- Christina Otzen, international sailor
- Christina Surer, Swiss race car driver
- Christina the Astonishing, Christian holy woman born in Brustem, Belgium
- Christina Cuenca,
- Christina Lekka, model from Greece
- Christina Heinich, retired East German sprinter
- Christina Rost, German former women's team handball player
- Christina Booth, Welsh progressive rock vocalist and singer-songwriter
- Christina Axelsson, Swedish social democratic politician
- Christina von Stommeln, Roman Catholic mystic, ecstatic, and stigmatic
- Christina Jutterström, Swedish journalist
- Christina Billotte, American singer, songwriter, and guitarist,
- Christina Vukicevic, Norwegian former hurdler
- Christina Bellin, American model and an international social figure
- Christina Sussiek, retired athlete who represented West Germany
- Christina Gilli-Brügger, Swiss cross country skier
- Christina Kim, South Korean-born fashion designer based
- Christina Schmuck, West German luger
- Christina Bruce, daughter of Marjorie, Countess of Carrick, and her husband, Robert de Brus
- Christina Baily, English actress
- Christina Kahrl, is one of the co-founders of Baseball Prospectus
- Christina Petrowska-Quilico, Canadian pianist
- Christina Martin, British comedian and writer
- Christina Voß, former East German handball player
- Christina Odenberg, retired bishop of the Diocese of Lund
- Christina Stead, Australian novelist and short-story writer acclaimed for her satirical wit and penetrating psychological characterisations
- Christina Aguilera, American singer, songwriter
- Christina Rossetti, English poet
- Christina Vidal, American actress, singer and producer
- Christina Ricci, recipient of several accolades, including a National Board of Review Award for Best Actress and a Satellite Award for Best Actress
- Christina of Lorraine, member of the House of Lorraine and was the Grand Duchess of Tuscany by marriage
- Christina Onassis, American-born Greek businesswoman, socialite
- Christina Hoff Sommers, American author and philosopher
- Christina Cox, Canadian film and television actress and stuntwoman
- Christina Milian, American actress, singer and songwriter
- Christina of Markyate, was born with the name Theodora
- Christina Cole, English actress known for portraying Cassie Hughes
- Christina Schmidt, Canadian actress and model
- Christina Sawaya, Lebanese beauty queen
- Christina of Denmark, Danish princess
- Christina Crawford, American writer and actress
- Christina Pickles, British-American actress
- Christina Foyle, English bookseller and owner of Foyles bookshop
- Christina Lindberg, Swedish journalist known internationally for her work as an actress and glamour model
Lists having Christina
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Chris
- Girl names that starts with Chris
- Girl names that ends with -tina
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2002)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1996)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (1996)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2003)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1993)
- Baby Names that mean Anointed
- Baby Names that mean Christian
- Baby Names that mean Christ
- Baby Names that mean bearer
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Disciple
- Baby Names that mean Belonging
- Baby Names that mean One