Merrill meaning and origin
Merrill means Famous, Shining Sea, A Bird, Sea Bright, Form of Merle or Sea-bright is used in general as a unisex name majorly used in English is rooted from Celtic, English and Old French. Merrill is form of Merle in English language.
Variants of MerrillNames that rhyme with Merrill
Popularity of Merrill
A common name in United States having over 14951 recievers in 248 years of usage. When at the peak of its usage in 1916, the moniker grabbed the 321st spot and 305 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the moniker has been to Merrill is a rare baby name in England and Wales and may not be used now since it isn't seen since 2003. Also, Merrill is a familiar name in Canada, Australia, England, Philippines and South Africa. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
What numbers say about Merrill?
You have an artistic soul and a good eye for everything you put your focus on. Love is most important in your life. You suffer from insomnia but your mental health is great. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. You are lagging behind on motivational front. You wish everyone were just like you but they can't. You are always open to new adventures. Office work drives you crazy. This is why you prefer freelance work.
Looking for a name like Merrill? Please go through the following names
- Walig has its origin in Celtic, Walig means "King or Valiant"
- Alayne - Used especially in English unusual, Alayne means "Tribe near the Black Sea" and is bestowed upon baby girls is originated from Celtic. Alayne is variant spelling of Alaine.
- Zavrina has its origin in Celtic language bestowed upon girls which is used especially in English, Zavrina means "Sabrina or A Princess"
- Yoselynn means A Member of the German Tribe, Tribal Name of the Gauts and Son of God is rooted from Old French and Breton is used as a baby girl name. Yoselynn is derivative of Jocelyn.
- Eoghan - Meaning of Eoghan is The Element Ebor Which is of the Meaning Yew or That of the Yew Stem End is a baby boy name has its roots in Celtic and Old Greek is used in Gaelic and Irish
Namesakes of Merrill
- Merrill Markoe, American author, television writer
- Merrill Goozner, American journalist, author and educator
- Merrill Unger, Bible commentator, scholar, archaeologist
- Merrill Singer, medical anthropologist and professor in Anthropology at The University of Connecticut and
- Merrill M. Flood, American mathematician, notable for developing
- Merrill Denison, Canadian playwright
- Merrill Jensen, American historian
- Merrill D. Peterson, history professor at the University of Virginia and the editor of the prestigious Library of America edition of the selected writings of Thomas Jefferson
- Merrill Moores, U.S. Representative from Indiana
- Merrill Gilfillan, American writer of poetry, short fiction
- Merrill Chase, immunologist working at the Rockefeller University
- Merrill C. Meigs, publisher of the 'Chicago Herald and Examiner'
- Merrill De Maris, American writer
- Merrill McPeak, retired 4-star general
- Merrill Carlsmith, American social psychologist perhaps best
- Merrill Reese, American sports radio announcer best
- Merrill Mueller, journalist whose reporting included breaking the story of Hitler's invasion of Poland
- Merrill Cook, Republican Party politician and businessman
- Merrill J. Bateman, has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since 1992
- Merrill Womach, American undertaker, organist and gospel singer, notable both for founding National Music Service, which provided recorded music to funeral homes across America, and for surviving a Thursday
- Merrill Skolnik, respected researcher in the area of radar systems and the author or editor of a number of standard texts
- Merrill Jenson, American composer and arranger
- Merrill Osmond, lead singer and bassist of the 1970s pop-rock music group The Osmonds and its 1980s country music spinoff
- Merrill Moore, American psychiatrist and poet
- Merrill Douglas, former American football running back
- Merrill B. Twining, United States Marine Corps general
- Merrill Aldighieri in short The Gun Is Loaded as Director