Maarja meaning and origin
Meaning of Maarja is Bitter is substantially used in Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Swedish and Estonian, a girl name has origin in Hebrew. Maarja is variant form of biblical, ceaseless and preeminent Mary. Mary is English equivalent of Maria. Also Mary is English cognate of Maria. Originated from Egyptian and Hebrew, Mary, Mary means "Sea of Bitterness, The Word Mere Which Means Mother and Beloved". Maarja is a variation of soaring leading and renowned Maria. Maria is derived from Mary. Maria is Latin and Greek cognate of Mirjam. Also Maria is Greek and Latin form of Mirjam. Meaning of Maria is Unruly and Beloved is originated from Hebrew. Maarja is Finnish equivalent of Marja.
Variants of MaarjaNames that rhyme with Maarja
Popularity of Maarja
Maarja is a common baby name in Estonia. At least, 2000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numbers say about Maarja?
You are always filled with positive and creative energy that you pass around. In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition. Be the living proof to those who ignored you, they need to realize you were right this whole time. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition. You don't have a lot of friends because of it.
You would love these names similar to Maarja
- Junne is Sami cognate of Jon
- Honoria - Of Latin origin, Curious Honoria given to baby girls and is used in Swedish and English, Honoria means "The Word Honor with the Meaning Honor Valor, Woman of Honor or Honored Honorable"
- Iza - Iza's meaning is Or: God is My Oath or God is Perfection used for both genders that of African-Zulu and Hebrew origin is used largely in Finnish and Swedish
- Toinette - Outlandish Toinette has its origin in Latin and Greek, Toinette means "Second One or That Feeds on Flower" and is used for baby girls is largely used in English, French and Finnish
- Petronelle - Girl name Petronelle means "Rock" used in Finnish and French is of Latin origin
Namesakes of Maarja
We could not find any notable namesake.