Nate meaning and origin
Used mainly in English persistent and popular, Nate mainly aimed at both sexes has its origin in Hebrew, Nate means "Giver, Gift of God, Form of Nathan, Given by God, Give, Reborn or Christmas Babies".. Nate is English form of Nathan. Also Nate is English form of Nathaniel.
Variants of Nate
View middle names that goes with Nate like Damian, Kele, Deanne, Etienne, Chen, Vina,Names that rhyme with Nate
Popularity of Nate
In United States, Nate was once a common name since emerging in 1880 it has been given to over 4105 babies. At its zenith in 1880,. After 135 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Nate is a common name in England and Wales given to over 1205 babies in 19 years. At its zenith in 2017, it ranked 335th when 143 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in New South Wales with over 1582 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. When at its peak in 2010, 196 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 46th position. Also, In Queensland, Nate was once a common name since emerging in 2008 it has been given to over 1550 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2011,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 10 years. Also, A common name in Victoria having over 447 recievers in 4 years of usage. At its zenith in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 49th spot and 122 baby boys were given the name.
Nate is an uncommon baby name in still in use in France. Nate is a common name in India and Canada while somewhat familiar name in Ghana, Australia, Poland, Nigeria, Benin, Uganda, China, England, South Africa, Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand and Thailand. At least, 50000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Here's what numbers has to say about Nate
You never go anywhere or do anything without a plan, or two. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. Negative people steal your energy and leave you drained and unwilling to do the things you want to do like express your feelings in a creative manner. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. Stress hates your guts.
Looking for names similar to Nate? Please go through the following names
- Othniel - Rare boy name Othniel has origin in Hebrew, meaning of Othniel is "Strength of God" is used prevalently in Hebrew
- Golliathe is originated from Hebrew, Golliathe means "Exiled" is a boy name. Golliathe is derived from Goliath.
- Jephthah - New-fangled and Creative and adventurous Jephthah mostly is used in German and English has its origin in Hebrew given to baby boys, meaning of Jephthah is "He (God) Opens or God Opens"
- Ivane - Meaning of Ivane is God is Merciful came from Hebrew is bestowed upon baby girls
- Tanielle means God is My Judge and God is My Judge God has Judged typically used for girls. It is rooted from Hebrew is majorly used in English. Tanielle is derivative of Daniela.
Namesakes of Nate
- Nate Champion, key figure in the Johnson County War of April 1892
- Nate Williams, former professional basketball player
- Nate Krenkel, co-manager of songwriter Conor Oberst and owner of Team Love Records
- Nate Higgs, American/Spanish basketball player and coach
- Nate Adams, American professional freestyle motocross rider and extreme sports athlete
- Nate Kelley, original drummer and backing vocalist for the progressive rock band Shabutie
- Nate Edwards, former IBM hardware architect, retired in 1997
- Nate Creekmore, American cartoonist
- Nate Englin, American shot putter from Shoreview, Minnesota
- Nate Larson, Baltimore-based artist and photographer
- Nate Albert, American music executive, songwriter
- Nate Branch, American basketball player
- Nate Mendel, American musician for the bands Foo Fighters
- Nate Thurmond, American basketball player
- Nate Dogg, American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor
- Nate Richert, American musician and former actor
- Nate Jaqua, retired American soccer player
- Nate Clements, former American football cornerback
- Nate Saint, evangelical Christian missionary pilot to Ecuador who
- Nate Berkus, American interior designer, author
- Nate Kaeding, placekicker
- Nate Burleson, American football commentator and former wide receiver
- Nate Newton, former American football guard
- Nate Wayne, Nathaniel Wayne, Jr
- Nate Robertson, former professional baseball pitcher
- Nate Field, professional baseball scout for the Boston Red Sox — a member of Boston's professional scouting department — and a former relief pitcher
- Nate Archibald, American retired professional basketball player
- Nate McMillan, American basketball coach and former player
- Nate Lawrie, former American football tight end
- Nate Colbert, Nathan Colbert Jr
- Nate Holden, Los Angeles County politician
- Nate Newton, bassist in hardcore punk band Converge
- Nate Robinson, American professional basketball player for Homenetmen Beirut of the Lebanese Basketball League
- Nate Corddry, American actor and comedian best
- Nate McLouth, American former professional baseball outfielder
- Nate Hawthorne, American former pro basketball player
- Nate Wright, played professional American football in the NFL
- Nate Barragar, American collegiate and professional football player
- Nate Jones, former American football cornerback
- Nate Jackson, writer and former American football player
- Nate Washington, former American football wide receiver
- Nate Odomes, former professional American football cornerback
- Nate Bump, former Major League Baseball starting pitcher
- Nate DiCasmirro, ice hockey right winger
- Nate Walcott, American musical composer, arranger
- Nate Webster, Nathaniel Webster, Jr
- Nate James, British singer-songwriter
- Nate Torrence, American comedic actor
- Nate Salley, Nate Salley, Jr
- Nate Marquardt, American retired mixed martial artist
- Nate Barlow, from 2004 drama and fantasy movie Tales from Beyond, who played the Joe Teufel (segment "Life Replay") and Jimmy (segment "Fighting Spirit") and Dream Man #2 (segment "Abernathy").
- Nate Hardman played leading role of Charlie Banks in 1983 drama movie Bless Their Little Hearts.
- Nate Witty played leading role of Mott in 2012 sci-fi movie Steampunk Samurai Biker Chick.
- In 2007, Nate Kimball played the role of Jewman in crime and drama film If at First You Don't Succeed.
- Nate Kannan Ramanathan portrayed leading role of Raj in 2010 drama film Perception: The Letter.
- In 2008 action and crime film, Suitable for Murder, Nate Rubin played Cameron.
Lists having Nate
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with N
- Girls names beginning with N
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Nat
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Giver
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Christmas