Nathaniel name meaning
On This Page
What does Nathaniel mean?
Renowned and Evergreen unisex name Nathaniel is particulary used in English, Norwegian, French, Danish, Greenlandic, Swedish and Finnish. It is rooted from Hebrew, Nathaniel means "Gift of God or Given by God".
Nathaniel is variant of illustrous and biblical Nathanael. Nathanael is form of all time favorite and customary Nathaniel. Nathanael is Latin and Greek equivalent of The Hebrew Name נְתַנְאֵל Meaning God has Given.
Of Hebrew origin, Customary and All time favorite Nathanael, Nathanael means "God has Given and Gift of God". Nathaniel is derived from Nathanaël. Nathanaël means God Gave is originated from Hebrew.
The name is celebrated on August 24th.
What do we think of Nathaniel as a name for a newborn?
Nathaniel is a charming baby boy name that has its roots in Hebrew culture, meaning "God has given." This name has a unique and special feel to it that sets it apart from other traditional names.
One of the most remarkable features of the name Nathaniel is its versatility, as it can be shortened to Nate or Nathan to suit different personalities. Nathaniel also carries a sense of strength and intelligence, making it an excellent choice for parents who value these qualities in their child's character.
The name Nathaniel has long been popular in many countries, making it a timeless classic that will never go out of style.
How do I pronounce Nathaniel?
The three syllabled name Nathaniel is pronounced, n(a)-tha-niel.
Variants of Nathaniel
Nicknames for Nathaniel
The baby name Nathaniel has plateful of nicknames like:Names that rhyme with Nathaniel
How popular is the name Nathaniel?
Nathaniel was a very popular name in United States. Over 268780 babies have been named Nathaniel since 1880. At the peak of its usage in 1998, it ranked 60th when 6809 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 230 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 38 times Also, Nathaniel is a popular name in England and Wales given to over 9996 babies in 23 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1999, the moniker grabbed the 114th spot and 536 baby boys were given the name. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names 23 times
Nathaniel was a common name in New South Wales.
Over 729 babies have been named Nathaniel since 2013. At the peak of its usage in 2013,. However after 7 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Nathaniel is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1961 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 1985, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 506 on boy names chart when 63 babies were named Nathaniel. There are over 1644 babies that have been given the name Nathaniel in France.
Also, in Queensland, in just 6 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 77 on boy names chart when 91 babies were given the name Nathaniel.
Over 482 babies in Queensland have been named Nathaniel. Also, in Victoria, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2016, 88 babies were given Nathaniel and it reached its peak ranking, 70 on boy names chart.
There are over 316 babies that have been given the name Nathaniel in Victoria.
Nathaniel is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, although it has been in use since 1978 but could not make beyond the top 300.
There are over 275 babies that have been given the name Nathaniel in Ireland. Also, it is among the top 700 boy names in Switzerland. Over 127 babies in Switzerland have been named Nathaniel.
In Belgium, it has been in use since 1998 and achieved its top ranking of 659 in 2014. Over 145 people have been named Nathaniel in Belgium.
But Nathaniel is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in, Philippines, Ghana, Chad, Liberia, South Africa and Sierra Leone.
According to our evaluation, at least 280000 people have been bestowed Nathaniel around the globe.
Nathaniel in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Nathaniel
You are a walking motivation and inspire people to take control over their lives and make the best of themselves. You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world. You prefer to listen to your rational mind instead of your emotional side. You are dominant in your circle of friends. Your happiness and well-being, as well as the happiness and health of the ones you love, are the things you care about.
Go through the following names similar to Nathaniel
- Aidan - Used predominantly in English, Norwegian and Irish preeminent, Aidan means "Little Fiery One, Little Fire or Help" and a gender-neutral name is originated from Old Irish and Celtic. Preeminent name Aidan managed to bag 242nd position on the list of baby boy names in 2018 in United States
- Ellen - Persistent and Admired Ellen is used particulary in Dutch, Danish and Icelandic is a gender-neutral name. Its origin is in Old Greek and Old Provençal, Ellen means "Shining or The Word Helios Meaning Sun"
- Natalia - Noteworthy and Venerable unisex name Natalia came from Latin and is predominantly used in Czech, Bengali and Portuguese languages, meaning of Natalia is "Born on Christmas, Christmas Babies or Birth"
- Hadley - Of Old English origin, Well-Liked Hadley means "From Heather's Field, Heath or Heather Meadow", a unisex name is used substantially in English and English
- Annette - Desirable and Perpetual Hebrew Annette bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Annette is "Mercy, Eagle or God is Gracious" is used predominantly in Danish, Greenlandic and English
Middle names for Nathaniel
Complement Nathaniel with any of the prominent and familiar middle names assembled below.
View more middle names that goes with Nathaniel.
Famous people named Nathaniel
- Nathaniel Lardner, English theologian
- Nathaniel Lee, English dramatist
- Nathaniel Hone the Elder, Irish-born portrait and miniature painter
- Nathaniel Folsom, American merchant and statesman
- Nathaniel Crisp, - an 18th-century character
- Nathaniel Dance-Holland, notable English portrait painter and later a politician
- Nathaniel Everett Green,
- Nathaniel Smibert, artist in Boston, Province of Massachusetts
- Nathaniel Bagshaw Ward, English doctor
- Nathaniel Wraxall, English author
- Nathaniel Fanning, officer
- Nathaniel Clements, 2nd Earl of Leitrim, Irish nobleman and politician
- Nathaniel Wheeler, American manufacturer and legislator
- Nathaniel Culverwell, English author and theologian, born in Middlesex
- Nathaniel Peabody, American physician from Rockingham County
- Nathaniel Peabody, U.S. physician and dentist
- Nathaniel Ramsey, American lawyer and soldier from Cecil County
- Nathaniel Isaacs, English adventurer
- Nathaniel Gow, fourth son of Niel Gow, and a celebrated performer
- Nathaniel Davis, career diplomat
- Nathaniel McKinney, Bahamian athlete competing mainly
- Nathaniel Heckford, Dr
- Nathaniel Hale Pryor, served as Sergeant
- Nathaniel Carl Goodwin, American actor and vaudevillian born in Boston
- Nathaniel Ward, Puritan clergyman and pamphleteer
- Nathaniel Plimer, English miniature portrait painter
- Nathaniel Barnes, Liberian politician and member of the Liberian Destiny Party
- Nathaniel Beverley Tucker, American journalist and diplomat
- Nathaniel Bacon, English Jesuit
- Nathaniel Mayer, American rhythm and blues singer
- Nathaniel Schmidt, Swedish American Baptist minister
- Nathaniel Mist, 18th-century British printer and journalist whose 'Mist's Weekly Journal' was the central
- Nathaniel Jocelyn,
- Nathaniel Hill, Irish impressionist painter
- Nathaniel Meserve, American shipbuilder
- Nathaniel Francis, politician from the Turks and Caicos Islands
- Nathaniel Deutsch, professor at The University of California
- Nathaniel Hedge, English clockmaker based in Colchester in Essex
- Nathaniel Gage, American educational psychologist
- Nathaniel Chapman, well-known early American physician
- Nathaniel Peffer, American researcher of Far East problems
- Nathaniel L. Goldstein, was New York State Attorney General
- Nathaniel Clements, Irish politician and financial figure
- Nathaniel Greene, American journalist
- Nathaniel Batts, fur trader, explorer and Indian interpreter
- Nathaniel Bliss, English astronomer of the 18th century
- Nathaniel Wallich, scientist
- Nathaniel Lord Britton, American botanist and taxonomist
- Nathaniel Crew, 3rd Baron Crew, was Bishop of Oxford from 1671 to 1674
- Nathaniel Shaler, American paleontologist and geologist
- Nathaniel Hawthorne, American novelist, dark romantic
- Nathaniel Gorham, politician and merchant from Massachusetts
- Nathaniel P. Banks, American politician
- Nathaniel Branden, Canadian–American psychotherapist and writer
- Nathaniel Bacon, colonist of the Virginia Colony
Lists having Nathaniel
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with N
- Girls names beginning with N
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that starts with Nat
- Boy names that ends with -iel
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2017)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2015)
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean God