Noah name meaning
On This Page
What does Noah mean?
The name Noah is of Hebrew origin and means "rest, comfort." It is derived from the root word nacham, which means "to be comforted." Noah was the tenth and last of the pre-flood Patriarchs.
He is best known for his faith in God, as well as his construction of the Ark that saved himself, his family, and all of the world's animals from the Great Flood.
Noah has been a popular name in the United States for centuries.
It peaked in popularity during the 1990s, but has remained within the top 100 names for boys since then and currently placed at second position on SSA Popular baby boy names.
Famous people named noah include:
Noah Wyle - American actor
Noah Schnapp - American actor
Noah Cyrus - American singer and actress
Noah Centineo - American actor
If you're looking for a name that is both unique and classic, Noah might be the perfect choice for your baby.
Not only is it a biblical name with a long history, but it also has a modern sound that makes it perfect for a 21st century child. With its strong meaning and positive associations, Noah is sure to give your son or daughter a strong start in life.
How do I pronounce Noah?
The most common pronunciation of one syllabled Noah is noah.
Variants of Noah
Nicknames for Noah
Given name Noah is already a short name but there are some nicknames to go along with it:Names that rhyme with Noah
How popular is the name Noah?
Noah was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 395413 babies have been given the first name in 184 years. When at its peak in 2013, it ranked 1st when 19594 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 184 years but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 8 times Also, Noah was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 46687 babies have been named Noah since 1996. When at the peak of its usage in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 4th spot and 4305 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 28 years but still dominating the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 2 times Also, Noah was among the popular names in France.
Since emerging in 1976 around 53283 babies have been given the moniker. When at its peak in 2010, 4030 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 12nd position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 60 years but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 16 times Also, a popular name in Spain having over 1375 recievers in 3 years of usage.
At present the name is rising, in 2019, 514 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 74th position. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 3 times Also, Noah was among the popular names in Denmark.
Since emerging in 2002 around 2419 babies have been given the first name. When at the peak of its usage in 2006, 680 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 12nd position.
After 5 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, a popular name in Sweden having over 7087 recievers in 16 years of usage.
When at the peak of its usage in 2016, 627 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 10th position. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 1 times
Noah used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1997 and over 2383 babies have been given the name in 13 years.
At its zenith in 2013,. After 13 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In Switzerland, Noah was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 439 babies.
When at its peak in 1999,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 2 times Also, Noah used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1996 and over 739 babies have been given the name in 19 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2001,. However after 19 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Noah used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1998 and over 2212 babies have been given the name in 8 years.
At its zenith in 2008,. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Noah was a common name in Queensland. Over 2163 babies have been named Noah since 2001.
When at the peak of its usage in 2006,. After 9 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 9 times Also, In Victoria, Noah was once a common name since emerging in 2008 it has been given to over 358 babies.
When at its peak in 2008,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 10 baby names 1 times
Noah is a rare baby name in Switzerland there is very thin chances of it still being given.
Over 439 babies in Switzerland have been named Noah. and also in Victoria. Over 358 babies in Victoria have been named Noah. But Noah is a popular baby name in Uganda where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Nigeria, Kenya, Israel, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Ghana.
As per our estimate, over 510000 babies have been bestowed Noah around the globe.
What numerology tells about Noah?
Although you like to play the card of insensitivity when it comes to love, deep inside you wish you find someone who's going to melt your icy heart. You could be a great human resources manager because of your strong communication and organization skills. You are a blending mix of creativity and brains. Logic isn't your strongest side but perfectionism is something people admire you for. You research different religions, you are interested in learning more about the Universe and how it works.
Other names similar to Noah, for name hunters
- Danielle - The commonly accepted unisex name Danielle means "Judge or God, Judged Only by God or Feminine of Daniel", notably used in Danish, Finnish and Norwegian came from Hebrew. On the list of baby girl names, commonly accepted Danielle captured 382nd position in 2018 in United States
- Erica - Meaning of Erica is Ei Which Means Ever Always or Honorable Ruler is a gender insensitive name, notably used in German and Swedish is rooted from German, Nordic and Greek
- Phyllis - The widespread and perennial unisex name Phyllis is used majorly in German and English, Phyllis means "Green Leaves, Green Bough or Leafy Foliage" is of Old Greek, English and German origin
- Hannah means Graceful, Wife or Compassionate has origin in Hebrew which is commonly used in Finnish and Arabic is aimed at both genders
- Shelby - The widely accepted and venerable unisex name Shelby came from Old Norse which is specifically used in English and English, meaning of Shelby is "Sheltered, Settlement of Huts or Sheltered Town"
Middle names for Noah
There are plenty of teeny-weeny and adventuresome middle names that fit after "Noah". Have a look at them:
View more middle names that goes with Noah.
Famous people named Noah
- Noah Gordon, American novelist
- Noah John Rondeau, widely known hermit
- Noah Lewis, Eagle, Bob; LeBlanc, Eric S.
- Noah S. Sweat, Noah S. "Soggy" Sweat, Jr
- Noah Hamilton Rose, painter and photographer
- Noah Dietrich, American businessman
- Noah Hutchings, president of Southwest Radio Church Ministries
- Noah Shakespeare, Canadian politician
- Noah Timmins, Canadian mining financier and developer
- Noah Mann, famous English cricketer
- Noah Greenberg, American choral conductor
- Noah Giffin, Canadian musician and engineer
- Noah Michael Levine, Audie Award-Winning Voice Actor, actor
- Noah Eli Gordon, American poet, editor, and publisher
- Noah Creshevsky, composer and electronic musician born in Rochester
- Noah Raby, American notable for his longevity claim of the early 20th century
- Noah Deledda, American can sculptor and artist
- Noah, tenth and last of the pre-Flood Patriarchs
- Noah Feldman, Jewish-American author and Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law at Harvard Law School
- Noah Rosenberg, geneticist working
- Noah Webster, Noah Webster Jr
- Noah Porter, American academic, philosopher, author
- Noah Wyle, American film, television, and theatre actor
- Noah in Islam, in the Old Testament
- Noah Ngeny, : 2:11
- Noah Haynes Swayne, American jurist and politician
- Noah Hathaway, American actor and a former teen idol
- Noah Taylor, English-Australian actor
- Noah Beauchamp, Lt
- Noah Baumbach, American filmmaker
- Noah Bastian, American actor and TV personality best
- Noah Lowry, American former professional baseball pitcher
- Noah Beery Sr., American actor
- Noah Beery Jr., Noah Beery Jr
- Noah Noble, fifth Governor of the U.S. state of Indiana
- Noah Herron, former American football running back
- Noah Emmerich, American film actor
- Noah Cicero, American novelist, short-story writer
- Noah, Indonesian alternative pop/rock band
- Noah Reid, Canadian actor and musician
- Noah Hickey, New Zealand footballer
- Noah Phelps, son of Lt
- Noah Brooks, journalist and editor
- Noah Weinberg, Orthodox Jewish rabbi and the founder of Aish HaTorah
- Noah Adams, American broadcast journalist and author
- Noah Boeken, Dutch professional poker and 'Magic: The Gathering' player
- Noah Gray-Cabey, American actor and pianist
- Noah Huntley, English actor and model
- Noah Martin, New Hampshire businessman and politician
- Noah Welch, American professional ice hockey defenseman
- Noah Bernardo, Noah "Wuv" Bernardo Jr
- Noah Palmer, American soccer goalkeeper
Lists having Noah
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with N
- Girls names beginning with N
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in France (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Rest
- Baby Names that mean Comfort
- Baby Names that mean Wanderer
- Baby Names that mean Peaceful
- Baby Names that mean Peace
- Baby Names that mean Bringer
- Baby Names that mean Long