Arianna name meaning
What does Arianna mean?
Multicultural, melodic and modern Arianna is a girl's name. In Greek and Italian, the baby name means most holy and chaste. Also, it is derived from Ariadne, who in Greek mythology was the daughter of King Minos and princess of the largest Greek Islands, i.e., Crete. Known in the mythology for her assistance in Thesus's escape from Minotaur. In Old English, it is often associated with Arian meaning "silver" while in German it means melody.
Co-founder of American news blog Huffington Post, the entrepreneur and political activist Arianna Huffington is an inspiring namesake that will keep your daughter motivated. Pop sensation Ariana Grande is yet another person to look up to. She is one of the top paid and most streamed artist who rose to fame in 2013 with Victorious.
The euphonious and fresh Arianna is a hard to resist name that touches several aspects from mythology, to pop culture, celebrates accomplishment of her namesakes, offers wide range of cute nicknames and carries congenial meaning.
How about the name Arianna for a baby?
Arianna is a beautiful and unique baby girl name that originates from Italy. This name has several specialities that make it stand out from other names. Firstly, it has a melodic sound to it that makes it easy to pronounce and remember. Secondly, its meaning "Most holy" adds an element of spirituality and grace to the name. Lastly, Arianna is not a very common name, which gives it a sense of exclusivity and uniqueness. These specialities make Arianna an excellent choice for parents looking for a meaningful and original name for their little girl.
What is the origin of Arianna?
Arianna share multiple origin stories. Arianna is originated from Welsh word arian that means "silver" as per the first origin.
However in Greek mythology, princess Ariadne was the daugher of King Minos of Crete from which the moniker is derived.
The Italian form of Aridane consists of common element "ari" and "adnos" together meaning "very holy."
How do I pronounce Arianna?
Common way to pronounce Arianna is: ahr-ee-ah-nah.
ahr as in aromatic, ee as in thrill, ah as in donkey and nah as in coconut.
Is Arianna a girl or boy name?
Since its appearance on SSA Baby names chart, Arianna is mostly given to a baby girl and is considered a feminine name. However, during past few decades, it has been given to boys on many occasions but the usage is limited to a micro scale.
Variations of Arianna
Nicknames for Arianna
If you are looking for a nickname for a baby named Arianna, There are plenty of choicesNames that rhyme with Arianna
How popular is the name Arianna?
Arianna was a very popular name in United States. Over 91159 babies have been named Arianna since 1959. At the peak of its usage in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 40th spot and 5261 baby girls were given the name. However after 65 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Arianna was a popular name in Italy. Over 44205 babies have been named Arianna since 1999. When at the peak of its usage in 2000, it ranked 16th when 2671 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 20 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 20 times
Arianna used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 1919 babies have been given the name in 23 years. At its zenith in 2016,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Arianna is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 172 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Arianna. Over 271 babies in Ireland have been named Arianna. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 300 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 219 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Arianna. There are over 526 babies that have been given the name Arianna in Switzerland.
Arianna is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1974 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 200 people have been named Arianna in France. In Belgium, it has been in use since 2008 and achieved its top ranking of 682 in 2015. But Arianna is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 20000 have the name. At least, 130000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Arianna in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Arianna
You act cold around people not because you are insensitive as they believe but scared of getting carried away by your emotions. Instead of running over people on your way to success, you teach them how to find their own path and how to succeed. You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success. When it comes to your personal life, you prefer to keep it private. Work on your ability to understand how people feel.
Parents who liked Arianna, loved these names
- Claribel - Originated from Latin, Famous and Ceaseless Claribel is commonly used in English, Claribel means "Beautiful or Bright" is used for baby girls
- Pierrette means The Stone or The Word Petros Which is of the Meaning Rock Stone is a girl name and came from Old Greek and Latin is used specifically in Swedish and Finnish
- Mirra - Uncommon girl name Mirra is rooted from Latin which is predominantly used in Icelandic and Finnish languages, Mirra means "Wonders"
- Amédis - Amédis's meaning is Loved By God is of Latin origin
- Crispina - Unusual Crispina is used dominantly in Danish, Finnish and Italian, Crispina means "Curly Haired or Curly-Headed", a baby girl name is rooted from Latin
Middle names for Arianna
Here is a list of favorite and young middle names that go with the baby name Arianna.
View more middle names that goes with Arianna.
Sibling Names for Arianna
Picking a name for your baby can be a challenging task, especially when you have to consider the names of your other children. If you have already decided on the name Arianna for your little one, we have compiled a list of sibling names that complement it perfectly. From classic and traditional to unique and modern, here are some great options for siblings to Arianna.
Sister to Arianna
For a brother
Famous people named Arianna
- Arianna Puello, Spanish rapper of Dominican origin
- Arianna Huffington, Greek-American author, syndicated columnist
- Arianna Fontana, Italian short track speed skater,
- Arianna Follis, Italian cross-country skier
- Arianna Basco in The Debut as Actress
- Arianna Marsden in The Testaments: Of One Fold and One Shepherd as Actress
- Arianna Afsar in Stuff You Should Know as
- Arianna David in Le ragazze di Miss Italia as Actress
- Arianna Savall Figueras is a soprano, composer and Spanish harpist, daughter of the musician Jordi Savall and of the singer Montserrat Figueras, and sister of Ferran Savall, also musician.
- Arianna Bosi directed the TV series Correlli
- Arianna Gorini played the significant role of Nicole in 1964 horror and mystery flick 6 donne per l'assassino.
- Arianna Pettitt portrayed the main character of Homeless Child in 2020 drama, sci-fi movie Open Wounds.
Among the list of famous Ariannas, lies the humble and brilliant Arianna Huffington who built over $300 million business and ranked among the world's 100 most influential people by Times Magazine. The list of celebrites is a home to many young Tiktok stars and Youtubers like Arianna Hiley, Arianna Felber, Ariann Henderson. On skipping to just one n in the name we have Arian Grande known for acting and writing beside an ultimate pop star and top celebrity of the current era.
Pop Culture References
- Arianna Hernandez - from former NBC TV soap Days of Our Lives running since 1965.
- Arianna Horton - from the same Days of Our Lives and niece of Hernandez
- Queen Arianna - real mother of main protagonist Rapunzel from Disney's 2017 animated series: Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
- Ariana Dumbledore - sister of Albus Dumbledore from renowned Harry Potter series and recently portrayed on screen.
- Arianna Langley - aka Ari is the protagonist and princess of Balinor from 1999-2000 book series "Unicorns of Balinor"
Lists having Arianna
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -anna
- Girl names that starts with Ari
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Holy
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Sing
- Baby Names that mean Venerable
- Baby Names that mean Peace