Aurora name meaning
What does Aurora mean?
Aurora is a feminine given name, derived from the Latin word for "dawn". It is associated with the Roman goddess of the same name.
The name was popularized in the 18th century by the Italian opera Aurora by Giovanni Paisiello. It has been used in literature since the 19th century, most notably in The Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault and in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Aurora is also a popular choice for baby girls in many countries, including Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Denmark.
The meaning of the name Aurora is often given as "the dawn of a new day", making it a symbol of hope and renewal. It is also seen as a feminine version of the Greek god Apollo, who was known as the bringer of light. Aurora is said to be a good choice for a baby girl's name because it is both beautiful and unique. It also has strong associations with nature and the natural world, which can be seen as a positive influence on a child's life.
How do I pronounce Aurora?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Aurora as ah-roar-ah. The name can also be pronounced as a(u)-ro-ra.
Variants of Aurora
Nicknames for Aurora
From ton of nicknames for baby name Aurora, we love these names:Names that rhyme with Aurora
How popular is the name Aurora?
Aurora was a popular name in United States. Over 57066 babies have been named Aurora since 1880. At its zenith in 2018, it ranked 44th when 4785 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 147 years. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 3628 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 752 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 69th position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 2 times Also, Aurora is a very popular name in Italy given to over 95831 babies in 20 years. When at its peak in 2015, it ranked 2nd when 6687 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 5 baby names 6 times
Aurora used to be a common name in Spain, first appeared in 2002 and over 190 babies have been given the name in 1 years. At the peak of its usage in 2002,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Aurora is a common name in Switzerland given to over 1672 babies in 21 years. Presently peaking at the charts, 153 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 40th position. Also, A common name in New South Wales having over 634 recievers in 6 years of usage. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 140 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 45th position. Also, Aurora is common in Queensland where over 493 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2019, 121 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 36th position.
Aurora is a familiar baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 59 babies were given Aurora and it reached its peak ranking, 32 on girl names chart. Also, in Victoria, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 87 babies were given Aurora and it reached its peak ranking, 68 on girl names chart. Over 358 people have been named Aurora in Victoria.
In Ireland, Aurora is a unique name where it has been in use since 2008 and has secured the place in top 200 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 155 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Aurora. There are over 154 babies that have been given the name Aurora in Ireland. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1910 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1941, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 473 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Aurora. Over 768 babies in France have been named Aurora. Also, in Netherlands, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 307 on girl names chart when 44 babies were named Aurora. Over 139 people have been named Aurora in Netherlands. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 1996 and has secured the place in top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 304 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Aurora. Over 263 people have been named Aurora in Belgium.
Aurora is a rare baby name in Spain and may not be used now. Over 190 babies in Spain have been named Aurora. And also in Western Australia. However things change on global perspective, Aurora is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 900 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Philippines, Brazil, Argentina, Mozambique, Colombia, Peru, Angola, Cuba, Chile, Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Romania. According to our estimate, over 600000 babies have been named Aurora globally.
Aurora in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Aurora
You should focus on your personal progress too. You are the most active, livingly human being in your surroundings. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You take calculated risks and take your ideas and the ideas of others seriously. Stop treating people like you are better than them even if you really are. What fulfills your soul is your professional success.
Do you like Aurora? Read these names too
- Emelia - Illustrous and Venerable girl name Emelia is originated from Gothic and Latin which is used specifically in English and Norwegian languages, meaning of Emelia is "Rivaling or Imitating"
- Francoun - Francoun means "Free Condition" came from Latin
- Lilla - Noteworthy and Venerable unisex name Lilla has origin in Sanskrit, English and Latin, meaning of Lilla is "Lily Flower, Variant of Lillian Derived from the Flower Name Lily or Purity" is used prevalently in English, Danish and Hungarian languages
- Justeene - Girl name Justeene means "Upright or Just". Its origin is in Latin is used majorly in English
- Elmo - Of Old English and Old High German origin, Admired and Conifer Elmo means "Famous or Noble" which is used principally in Finnish and English is aimed at both genders
Famous people named Aurora
- Aurora Karamzin, Finnish-Swede philanthropist
- Aurora de Albornoz, was born in Luarca, Asturias, Spain
- Aurora Cáceres, writer associated with the literary movement known as modernismo
- Aurora Robles, Mexican fashion model
- Aurora Quezon, wife of Philippine President Manuel Luis Quezón and the First Lady of the Philippines
- Aurora Pijuan, Miss International 1970 titleholder
- Aurora Miranda, was a
- Aurora, British electronic dance music group
- Aurora Bautista, Spanish film actress
- Aurora Sánchez in ¡Apaga la luz! as Actress
- Aurora Carbonell in Radio Pirata as Actress
- Aurorah Allain in Clerks II as Actress
- Aurora Nossen in Henrik Jonssons forunderlige siste dager as Actress
- Aurora Blue in Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn as Actress
- Aurora Cortez in Ally McFeal as Actress
- Aurora Bergere in Gone Girl as Make-Up Department
- Aurora Jolie in Cum in My Booty as Actress
- Aurora Bertrana Salazar was a Spanish writer.
- Aurora Alonso in TV series Amor en silencio as Actress
- Aurora Cornu characterized the central character of Aurora, the novelist in 1970 drama, romance movie Le genou de Claire.
- In 1916, Aurora Fúlgida portrayed the role of Maria da Glória and Lucíola in romance film Lucíola.
- Aurora Martínez portrayed the important role of Lorena Alba in 1993 action and crime flick Herencia homicida.
- In 2006, Aurora Quattrocchi characterized the role of Fortunata Mancuso in drama and history film Nuovomondo.
- Aurora del Real characterized small character of N in 1924 drama flick Atavismo.
- Aurora Ruiz Romero, from 1927 film Rocío Dalbaicín, who characterized N.
- In 1951 comedy, drama film, A.T.M.: ¡¡A toda máquina!!, Aurora Segura characterized Guillermina.
- In 1973 action flick, Hulihin si Tiagong Akyat, Aurora Salve played N.
- Aurora Papile, from 2015 comedy movie A la mala, who characterized the Kika.
- Aurora Herrera played important role of N in 1921 drama film Carnaval trágico.
- In 1980 comedy, romance movie, Mireasa din tren, Aurora Leonte characterized N.
- Aurora Sevilla characterized key role of N in 1992 action, drama movie Totoy Buang: Mad killer ng maynila.
- Aurora Ares characterized the leading role of segment "Mexico City" in 2008 drama film Tres caminos.
- Aurora Grabill, from 2010 horror and mystery movie Heaven and Hell, who portrayed the Lilith.
- Aurora Dizon, from 1948 drama film Matimtiman, who characterized N.
- Aurora Cossio, from 2012 comedy flick All'ultima spiaggia, who played the Carmen.
Lists having Aurora
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Roman Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -ora
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Dawn