Hannah meaning and origin
Widespread and All time favorite Hannah has its origin in Hebrew language is used as a gender-neutral name and is majorly used in African, Norwegian, Arabic, Sindhi, Swedish, Danish, Tamil, Marathi, Hindi, English, Finnish and Greenlandic, Hannah means "Grace, Wife, Favour, God has Favoured Me, Mother of Samuel, He (God) Was Gracious, Graceful, Winsome, God is Merciful, Compassionate or Happy". Hannah is short of Johanna. Johanna is variation of famed, long standing and biblical Jeanne. Johanna is Greek and Latin cognate of Ιωαννης. Johanna means The Lord is Gracious and God's Gracious Gift has its origin in Hebrew. Hannah is German, Hebrew and French cognate of Anna. Also Hannah is English cognate of Channah. Hannah is celebrated on July 26th.
Variants of Hannah
View middle names that goes with Hannah like Ben, Ludy, Whitley, Leander, Elden, Drew,Names that rhyme with Hannah
Popularity of Hannah
Hannah was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 434009 babies have been given the name. When at its peak in 1998, 23078 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 2nd position. However after 178 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 5 baby names 8 times Also, Hannah was among the very popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 64094 babies have been given the given name. When at its peak in 1996, 5916 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 6th position. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 8 times
Hannah was a common name in Ireland. Over 9769 babies have been named Hannah since 1964. At the peak of its usage in 2019,. However after 56 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still in a strong position. Also, A common name in France with over 4023 new-borns have been given the name since 1973. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 246 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 250th position. Also, Hannah is a common name in Switzerland given to over 1388 babies in 21 years. Currently at its peak, 103 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 68th position. Also, A common name in Netherlands with over 1429 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. Recently the name is rising, in 2019, 338 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 33rd position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, Hannah is a common name in Denmark given to over 575 babies in 4 years. At present the name is rising, in 2017, it ranked 41st when 167 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, Hannah is common in Belgium where over 2343 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. Presently the name is rising, in 2001, 130 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 72nd position. Also, In New South Wales, Hannah was once a common name since emerging in 1983 it has been given to over 10882 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1997,. However after 37 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Queensland having over 6979 recievers in 37 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 2002, it ranked 4th when 299 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Hannah was a common name in Western Australia. Over 1579 babies have been named Hannah since 1991. At its zenith in 2001,. After 12 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 5 times Also, A common name in Victoria with over 1971 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. When at the peak of its usage in 2008, it ranked 16th when 255 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 11 times
Hannah is an uncommon baby name in Northern Territory still in use today. There are over 123 babies that have been given the name Hannah in Northern Territory. However things change on global perspective, Hannah is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in England, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Kenya, Philippines, Malawi, Australia, Liberia, Canada, Gambia, Wales, Germany, New Zealand and Cameroon. According to our research, over 600000 babies have been named Hannah globally.
Hannah in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Hannah
You influence people with your words, so make sure you say the right words. You like to isolate yourself in order to work on your success. Having letter H as your cornerstone represents your strong mental health. People see you as an exceptional human being because of your determination and fearless attitude. You are the most creative person in your surroundings. You are passionate when it comes to relationships but cool off too easily.
You would love these names similar to Hannah
- Sahm - Used in Sindhi and Arabic, Sahm is used as a boy name, Sahm means "Arrow or Dart"
- Haniya - Unconventional unisex name Haniya means "Resting Place or Happy" and is primarily used in Tamil and Sindhi is of Native and American origin
- Talish prevalently is used in Kannada, Marathi and Gujarati, meaning of Talish is "Glittering or Mountain" is bestowed upon baby boys
- Dilara - Curious girl name Dilara is used chiefly in Iranian and Arabic, meaning of Dilara is "Lover or Pleasing, Favourable, Delighting One" is originated from Turkish and Persian
- Ishtiyaq chiefly is used in Arabic and Sindhi, meaning of Ishtiyaq is "Eagerness, Yearning or Fondness" is a boy name is originated from Arabic
Namesakes of Hannah
- Hannah Szenes, poet and Special Operations Executive paratrooper
- Hannah Snell, 18th century British woman
- Hannah Callowhill Penn, second wife of Pennsylvania founder William Penn; she effectively administered the Province of Pennsylvania for six years after her husband suffered a series of strokes and then for another eight years after her husband's death
- Hannah Cowley, English dramatist and poet
- Hannah Weiner, American poet
- Hannah, is one of the wives of Elkanah mentioned
- Hannah Primrose, Countess of Rosebery, After inheriting her father's fortune in 1874
- Hannah Yakin, Israeli artist
- Hannah Webster Foster, American novelist
- Hannah Whitall Smith, lay speaker and author in the Holiness movement in the United States and the Higher Life movement
- Hannah Myrick, physician
- Hannah Hurnard, 20th-century Christian author, best
- Hannah Billig, British-Jewish doctor
- Hannah Harper,
- Hannah Cullwick, diarist
- Hannah Ocuish, was executed at the age of twelve years and nine months
- Hannah O'Brien Chaplin, American biblical scholar,
- Hannah Robinson, British songwriter
- Hannah Bachman Einstein, American Jewish social worker and activist
- Hannah Vogt, German historian
- Hannah Gale, British-born Canadian politician
- Hannah Twynnoy, first person to have been killed by a tiger
- Hannah Dudley, Methodist mission sister
- Hannah Blilie, drummer of the American R&B band Chanti Darling and formerly Gossip and Shoplifting
- Hannah Higgins, American writer and academic living in Chicago
- Hannah Brand, English actress and playwright
- Hannah Mills, Quaker
- Hannah Widell, Swedish television presenter and media-personality
- Hannah Kersey, British woman
- Hannah Connell Barker, early resident of Boulder, Colorado
- Hannah Sell, has been a leading member of the Socialist Party and its predecessor
- Hannah Williams,
- Hannah Arendt, German philosopher and political theorist
- Hannah Storm, American television sports journalist
- Hannah More, English religious writer and philanthropist
- Hannah Van Buren, wife of the eighth President of the United States
- Hannah Spearritt, English actress and former singer
- Hannah Duston, colonial Massachusetts Puritan mother of nine
- Hannah Waterman, English actress
- Hannah Fox, former female boxer
- Hannah Höch, German Dada artist
- Hannah Pritchard, English actress
- Hannah Frank, artist and sculptor from Glasgow, Scotland
- Hannah Pingree, Democratic politician
- Hannah Gordon, British actress
- Hannah Stockbauer, World Champion
- Hannah Glasse, English cookery writer of the 18th century
- Hannah Adams, American author of books on comparative religion and early United States history
- Hannah Kearney, American mogul skier
- Hannah Teter, American snowboarder
- Hannah Weinstein in Stir Crazy as Producer
- Hannah Getz in Running Wild as Camera and Electrical Department
- Hannah Evans in Layer Cake as Art Department
- Hannah Pérez in Episode #1.80 as
- Hannah Queiroz in Psych as Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Hannah Davis in CRANK: Flirting with the Monster as Actress
- Hannah Bell in Happily Ever After as Actress
- Hannah Martin in The Philly Kid as Actress
- Hannah Peasall in O Brother, Where Art Thou? as Soundtrack
- Hannah Arterton Hannah Jane Arterton, is an English actress.
- Hannah Aden is noted for her acting in movie He Walked Through the Fields
- Hannah Herzsprung characterized central role of Jenny von Loeben in 2006 drama, music film Vier Minuten.
- In 1941 comedy, music flick, Mazel Tov Yidden, Hannah Hollander played N.
- In 2018, Hannah Collett Schmidt portrayed the role of Young Rachel in horror flick Happy Birthday Hannah.
- Hannah Gilbert characterized main character of Vicki in 2019 documentary, horror movie Every Secret Thing: The Making of KKKillers.
- In 2015 flick, Hanging Tree, Hannah Bouhamdi portrayed Dancer.
- Hannah Pifer characterized the key character of Carlyn Pressley in 2004 drama flick Miles Ahead.
- Hannah Tointon, from 2013 action and drama film Walking with the Enemy, who portrayed Hannah Schoen.
- In 2015 fantasy and horror film, Rows, Hannah Bernall portrayed Rose.
- Hannah Scheibe characterized the crucial role of Katrin Haug in 2003 drama movie Morgen früh ist die Nacht rum.
- In 2018 crime and drama film, Winter Ridge, Hannah Waddingham played Joanne Hill.
- Hannah Marks, from 2018 comedy film Banana Split, who portrayed the April.
- Hannah Kritzeck played the role of Tiny Tina in sci-fi flick Sewer Baby.
- Hannah Lin, from 2006 drama movie Drifting Paradise, who characterized the N.
- In 2011, Hannah Kauffmann played the role of Betty Kau in comedy and musical film Psycho Bettys from Planet Pussycat.
- In 2014, Hannah Kew portrayed the role of Vivian in drama and horror flick You (Us) Me.
- Hannah Kim, from 2009 drama movie Seafoam & Salmon, who characterized Kate.
- Hannah Fierman, from 2014 drama and horror movie The Unwanted, who portrayed Laura.
- In 2013, Hannah Hughes played the role of Clarissa or segment "Phase I Clinical Trials" in horror, thriller film V/H/S/2.
Lists having Hannah
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- Hebrew Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2014)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2004)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (2006)
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Wife
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Favour
- Baby Names that mean Favoured
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Affection
- Baby Names that mean Graceful
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Compassionate
- Baby Names that mean Happy