Amalie meaning and origin
Used majorly in Norwegian, Finnish, Scandinavian, Icelandic, German, Danish and Swedish languages prevalent and venerable, Amalie means "Brave or Efficient", a gender-neutral name has origin in Hebrew and Gothic. Amalie is variant of immutable and well-known Amalia. Amalia is version of persistent and dominant Emily. Amalia is resultant of Emilie. Amalia is form of Germanic Names Beginning with Amal- in Latin language. Illustrous and Evergreen Amalia's origin is Latin and Gothic, meaning of Amalia is "Brave, Aspirations and Emulus". Amalie is version of admired Amal. Amal is variant of everlasting and prevailing Amalia. Also Amal is variant of Names Containing the Name Element Amal. Amal means Unblemished and Bird has origin in Hebrew, English and Arabic.
Variants of Amalie
View middle names that goes with Amalie like Gin, Tessie, Cecile, Geraldine, Shanna, Rike,Names that rhyme with Amalie
Popularity of Amalie
Amalie was among the popular names in Denmark. Since emerging in 1994 around 7368 babies have been given the given name. At its zenith in 1999, the moniker grabbed the 11st spot and 593 baby girls were given the name. After 17 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 17 times Amalie is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1883 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1883, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 817 on girl names chart when 57 babies were named Amalie. Over 1200 babies in United States have been named Amalie. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 561 on girl names chart when 73 babies were named Amalie. There are over 810 babies that have been given the name Amalie in England and Wales.
Amalie is an uncommon baby name in France, 23 years of presence was not sufficient to save the name and it finally disappeared in 2003. Over 155 babies in France have been named Amalie. The moniker is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. Amalie is a common name in Czech Republic and Germany while somewhat familiar name in Sri Lanka, Greenland and Austria. As per our estimate, over 10000 people has been named Amalie globally.
Amalie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Amalie?
You are all about fun, adventure, excitement, change, and adventure. You like to observe things and people. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. Travelling is your passion. You want to achieve a great success and accomplish your dreams in order to prove yourself you can do it. You want to shout it out to the world that not everyone has to think or behave the same.
Looking for a name like Amalie? Please go through the following names
- Goldy - Meaning of Goldy is Gilded, Gold or Form of Golda is specifically used in Telugu, English and Bengali has its roots in Hebrew and English is used as a gender-neutral name
- Ketziah is Hebrew and English cognate of Ketzia. Also Ketziah is form of Kezia in Hebrew language
- Jachen means Holder of the Heel, Yahweh May Protect or Supplanter is a boy name is of Rhaeto-Romanic and Hebrew origin is used commonly in Rhaeto-Romanic
- Elicia - Unorthodox Elicia is originated from Germanic, Old High German and Hebrew is used principally in Finnish and English is a baby girl name, Elicia means "Of a Noble Kind or Abbreviation of Elisabeth"
- Jeppebine is equivalent of Jeppe in Danish language
Namesakes of Amalie
- Amalie Adlerberg, illegitimate daughter of Duchess Therese of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
- Amalie Dietrich, German naturalist
- Amalie Skram, Norwegian author and feminist
- Amalie Auguste of Bavaria, Princess of Bavaria and Queen of Saxony
- Amalie Lindegård in Supervoksen as Actress
- Amalie Ihle Alstrup in Kapringen as Actress
- Amalie Kruse Jensen in Antboy as Actress
- Amalie Dollerup in Nonnebørn as Actress
- Amalie Wichmann in Mirror Image as Actor
- Amalie Schoppe was a German author.
- Amalie Faltysová in movie Woman Below the Cross as Actress
- In comedy flick, Best Sheep, Amalie Olufsen portrayed N.
Lists having Amalie
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Gothic Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Ama
- Girl names that ends with -lie
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2009)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Efficient