Marcia meaning and origin
Marcia's meaning is Warlike, From the God Mars, Protector of Man, Martial One, War Like, Defence, Of the Sea, Pr or Dedicated to the God Mars used for both sexes and is used especially in Italian, Gujarati, Polish, Kannada, Swedish, Finnish, Tamil, Danish, Norwegian, English, Portuguese and Spanish is originated from Greek, Aramaic and Latin. Marcia is a feminine of Mark. Mark is short form of Markus. Also Mark is short form of names with "Mark". Mark is German equivalent of Names Containing the Name Element Mark. Mark means From the God Mars and Dedicated to Mars (The Roman God of War) is rooted from Greek, Germanic and Latin. Marcia is feminine version of Marcius. Marcius is variant of prevailing and biblical Marcus. Marcia is equivalent of Martha in Polish language. The name is celebrated on April 25th.
Variants of Marcia
View middle names that goes with Marcia like Oney, Hattie, Celina, Talia, Rita, Dawn,Names that rhyme with Marcia
Popularity of Marcia
Marcia was a very popular name in United States. Over 133316 babies have been given the first name in 177 years. When at its peak in 1951, 5300 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 74th position. But after 177 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 13 times Marcia is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 995 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Marcia. There are over 351 babies that have been given the name Marcia in England and Wales.
Marcia is an uncommon baby name in Ireland there is very thin chances of it still being given. During its 50 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 2000 girl names. There are over 402 babies that have been given the name Marcia in France. However things change on global perspective, Marcia is extremely popular in Brazil where every 1 in 300 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Mozambique, Angola, Ecuador, Chile, Jamaica, England, Canada, Dominican Republic, Mexico, South Africa, East Timor, Nicaragua, Cuba, Portugal, Argentina and Peru. At least, 1300000 people globally have carried Marcia as their given name according to our estimate.
Marcia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Marcia?
Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. If letter A is your capstone in your name, it reveals your challenging nature and ambitious perspective. You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time. Escaping or ignoring your problems won't make them go away. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize.
Go through the following names similar to Marcia
- Mili - Unwonted Milis origin is Latin, meaning of Mili is "Bitter, A Meeting or To Find" which is used notably in Finnish, Swedish and Sindhi is a gender insensitive name
- Deanna - Widespread and Perpetual Deanna has its origin in Old English and Latin bestowed upon both genders, Deanna means "Light, Valley or Divine" is mainly used in Swedish and English
- Maximiliano - Commonly Accepted boy name Maximiliano means "Greatest or Very Great" and is dominantly used in Italian and Spanish has origin in Latin
- Bea - Durable and Lofty Bea chiefly is used in Finnish, Danish and Greenlandic aimed at girls, meaning of Bea is "Voyager through Life, Pilgrim or Auspicious" is originated from Latin
- Pierre-Alain - Pierre-Alain means "Rock or Rock" came from Latin and Greek
Namesakes of Marcia
- Marcia Falkender, Baroness Falkender, British Labour politician
- Marcia Anastasia Christoforides, philanthropist, an art collector
- Marcia Davenport, American author and music critic
- Marcia Langton, AM holds the Foundation Chair in Australian Indigenous Studies at the University of Melbourne
- Marcia, mistress and one of the assassins of 2nd century AD Roman Emperor Commodus
- Marcia Marx, American artist
- Marcia Pelham, Countess of Yarborough, British peer
- Marcia Brown, American writer and illustrator of more than 30 children's books
- Marcia Theophilo, Brazilian poet
- Marcia Moore, American writer
- Marcia, second wife of Marcus Porcius Cato Uticensis and the daughter of Lucius Marcius Philippus
- Marcia K. Johnson, Sterling Professor emeritus of psychology at Yale University
- Marcia Servilia Sorana, daughter of Roman Senator Quintus Marcius Barea Soranus and her mother may have been
- Marcia Jones, American writer of children's books, the author or co-author of more than 135 elementary chapter books, picture books
- Marcia White, president, and executive director, of Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Marcia Nardi, was born Lillian Massell in Boston, Massachusetts
- Marcia Ashton, actress best
- Marcia Talley, award-winning mystery novelist
- Marcia J. Bates, is Professor VI Emerita of Information Studies
- Marcia Wallace, American actress, voice artist, comedian
- Marcia Gay Harden, American actress
- Marcia Ball, American blues singer and pianist raised in Vinton
- Marcia Hines, American-Australian vocalist
- Marcia Clark, American prosecutor
- Marcia Strassman, American actress and singer, best
- Marcia Cross, American actress
- Marcia Wilbur, American writer, activist, free software and free speech advocate, poet, maker
- Marcia Mitzman Gaven, American actress from New York
- Marcia Gudereit, Canadian curler
- Marcia Yockey, American meteorologist
- Marcia Griffiths, Jamaican singer
- Marcia Pankratz, former field hockey forward from the United States
- Marcia A. Karrow, American Republican Party politician
- Marcia Barrett, Jamaican-born British singer and one of the original singers with the vocal group Boney M.
- Marcia Lucas, Oscar-winning American film editor
- Marcia Kramer, chief political correspondent for WCBS-TV
- Marcia Rodd, American actress
- Marcia Neave, Australian legal academic and judge,
- Marcia Angell, American physician, author
- Marcia Tucker, American art historian, art critic and curator
- Marcia Lewis, American character actress and singer
- Marcia McNutt, American geophysicist and the 22nd president of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States
- Marcia Crosby, is Tsimshian-Haida writer, art historian
- Marcia Mae Jones, American actress whose prolific career spanned 47 years
- Marcia Dor in Another World as Actress
- Marcia Knight in The Skydivers as Actress
- Marcia Laskowski in Man of the Year as Actress
- Marcia Bell in as
- Marcia Firesten in Bottle Shock as Actress
- Marcia French in Lethal Combination as Actress
- Marciano Shoshi in Rambo III as Actress
- In 1980 comedy, family movie, O Incrível Monstro Trapalhão, Marcia Brito characterized N.
- In 1987 horror flick, Killer Workout, Marcia Karr characterized Rhonda Johnson.
- Marcia Manners characterized main role of Goldie in 1931 romance, western movie Caught.
- Marcia Manning, from 1929 mystery film The House of Secrets, who portrayed Margery Gordon.
- In 2003 thriller movie, Ocean Buzz, Marcia Walter played Dem.
- Marcia Pilote played pivotal role of Pauline in 1987 drama film Tristesse modèle réduit.
- In 2015 comedy, drama movie, A Sombra do Fogo, Marcia Nunes characterized Sandra.
- Marcia Manolescue characterized the leading character of Sumac in 1956 adventure and family movie Supersonic Saucer.
- In 1982 film, Normalsatz, Marcia Bronstein played N.
- Marcia Hathaway characterized crucial character of Penny in 1960 drama flick Shadow of the Boomerang.
Lists having Marcia
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- Aramaic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Marc
- Girl names that ends with -cia
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1955)
- Baby Names that mean Warlike
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Mars
- Baby Names that mean Dedicated
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean War
- Baby Names that mean Sea