Shay name meaning
On This Page
What does Shay mean?
Principally used in Gujarati, Bengali, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Irish, English, Telugu, Oriya, Marathi and Kannada frequently used, Shay has its origin in Celtic and a unisex name, meaning of Shay is "A Gift, Hawk-like, Fairy Palace or Dauntless".
Shay is variation of darling and enduring James. James is variant form of biblical and persistent Jacques. James is form of Jacomus in English language. Admired James's origin is English and Hebrew, meaning of James is "Yahweh May Protect, A Cheerful Boy and One Who Supplants".
Shay is version of lofty and biblical Seamus. Seamus is equivalent of James or Jacob in Irish language. Also Seamus is Irish and Scottish form of James. Meaning of Seamus is Literature, Yahweh May Protect and Heaney is originated from Hebrew is used primarily in Scottish and Irish.
Shay is another transcription of Shea. Shea is variant of pleasing Shai. Shea means Dauntless and Admirable came from Celtic.
What do we think of Shay as a name for a newborn?
Shay is a beautiful name for a newborn baby. It has strong Biblical connotations, and the meaning of the name is "gift from God".
The sound of the name is vibrant and joyful, which makes it perfect for a new life entering the world. Additionally, Shay is an uncommon yet easy to pronounce name which allows it to transition seamlessly into adulthood.
In general, Shay is a wonderful name choice that carries with it an air of positivity and optimism.
How do I pronounce Shay?
You can pronounce the one syllabled name Shay as shay.
Variants of Shay
How popular is the name Shay?
Shay is common in United States where over 10865 new-borns have been given the name since 1932. Currently the name is rising, in 1991, it ranked 833rd when 179 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Also, Shay used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 4849 babies have been given the name in 46 years. At the peak of its usage in 2006,.
However after 46 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, In Ireland, Shay was once a common name since emerging in 1997 it has been given to over 618 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 2019,. After 14 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Shay is an uncommon baby name in France where it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 2013 when it ranked 2026th.
Over 116 people have been named Shay in France. But Shay is a popular baby name in Israel where every 1 in 400 have the name. At least, 40000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Numerological aspects of Shay
Having number 1 as your soul urge no reveals your deep desire to prove yourself to other people and acquire their acceptance. You are dominant in your circle of friends. Although you lack the enthusiasm, you don't lack ideas. You are always open to experience something new. You trust people but not as much as you trust your intuition and gut. You are the most self-motivated person you know. Working harder than required is what you are known for.
Do you like Shay? You would love these names
- Ciarán - Boy name Ciarán is originated from Celtic is used chiefly in Danish and Finnish. Ciarán is form of Ciar in Irish language
- Mailys is used chiefly in French and Breton, Mailys means "Prince or Lord" is a baby girl name is originated from Old Irish and Celtic
- Loyd - Loyd's meaning is Sacred, Gray-Haired and Grey Haired used for both sexes which of Celtic origin is used largely in English. Loyd is another transcription of Lloyd.
- Woannick - Woannick means "Shrub or Yew" is rooted from Celtic language
- Scottas - Boy name Scottas means "From Scotland", used specifically in English is of Celtic origin
Famous people named Shay
- Shay Youngblood, novelist, playwright, and author of short stories
- Shay Given, Irish former professional footballer
- Shay Brennan, Irish footballer in the 1960s
- Shay Haley, American musician
- Shay Knuth, was 'Playboy' magazine's Playmate of the Month for September 1969
- Shay Astar, American actress, singer, and songwriter
- Shay Gibbons, Republic of Ireland international footballer
- Shay Holtzman, retired Israeli footballer
- Shay Abutbul, Israeli former football player
- Shay Roundtree, American actor
- Shay Stephenson, Canadian hockey player for Vålerenga Ishockey of the Norwegian GET-ligaen
- Shay Doron, Israeli professional basketball player
- Shay Murphy, American professional basketball player for the San Antonio Stars of the Women's National Basketball Association
- Shay Logan, English football defender
- Shayla Chanadet in The Wedding Ringer as Actress
- Shay Brown in Bring It Arm! as Actress
- Shayne Kohout in Life as We Know It as Actress
- Shaye Hodgins in Ira Finkelstein's Christmas as Actress
- Shayna Levine in All My Children as Actress
- Shay Jordan Born in the Philippines on November 17, 1985, she moved to Hawaii, where she lived with her cousins, who served the United States Navy, so they moved frequently, until they settled in San Diego, California when Jordan did not even
- In 1970, Shay Garner portrayed the role of Thumbelina in family and fantasy flick Thumbelina.
- In 2001 movie, The Other Half of Me, Shay Ryan portrayed Jess.
- In 2016 drama flick, Losing Everything, Shay Johnson characterized Tracy.
Lists having Shay
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Sha
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Eagle
- Baby Names that mean Sharp
- Baby Names that mean Supplanter
- Baby Names that mean Fairy
- Baby Names that mean Admirable
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious