Alanna meaning and origin
Illustrous Alanna mainly is used in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Gaelic, English and Finnish, meaning of Alanna is "Rock, Dear Child or Beautiful" used for both sexes has its origin in Celtic. Alanna is a variant form of famous Alana. Alana is effeminate variation of Alan. Meaning of Alana is Light and Buoy-any and Dear Child is originated from Hawaiian and Latin.
Variants of AlannaNames that rhyme with Alanna
Popularity of Alanna
Alanna was a popular name in United States. Over 21933 babies have been named Alanna since 1930. When at its peak in 1996, 691 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 461st position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 80 years but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names 16 times Alanna is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 435 on girl names chart when 87 babies were given the name Alanna. Over 1505 people have been named Alanna in England and Wales. Also, in Ireland, it has been in use since 1973 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 66 on girl names chart when 89 babies were given the name Alanna. There are over 1550 babies that have been given the name Alanna in Ireland.
Alanna is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 3000. Over 151 babies in France have been named Alanna. The moniker is a common name in Canada, Brazil and Australia while somewhat familiar name in England, Scotland and New Zealand. As per our findings, over 20000 babies have been bestowed Alanna around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Alanna
You are your own person who likes to live on the edge. You are hard-working by nature and success drives you. Unrestricted lifestyle is your mark. having the letter A as your cornerstone reveals your strong attitude and leadership. You are innovative and like to plan but enjoy when spontaneity kicks in. You act cold around people not because you are insensitive as they believe but scared of getting carried away by your emotions.
Do you like Alanna? Read these names too
- Plézou - Plézou means "Wolf" came from Celtic
- Jocene - Jocene's meaning is Supplanter and Son of God is of Old French and Breton origin is used as a baby girl name. Jocene is short of Jocelyn.
- Judikaël - Meaning of Judikaël is Lord or Generous used for baby boys has its origin in Celtic
- Elwen is used mostly in English aimed at baby boys has its origin in Celtic, Elwen means "Elf Wise Friend or Wealth or Light"
- Aiden - Meaning of Aiden is Powerful or Born of Fire is used dominantly in Oriya and Telugu. It is rooted from Celtic and Old Irish is used as a gender-neutral name
Namesakes of Alanna
- Alanna Nash, American journalist and biographer
- Alanna Kraus, Canadian short track speed skater
- Alannah Currie in Easy A as Soundtrack
- Alanna Dawn Ekkert in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as Actress
- Alanna Dedek in YMCA as Actress
- Alanna Thompson in Four Single Fathers as Actress
- Alannah Stewartt in Out of Line as Actress
- Alanna Chisholm in The Chair as Actress
- Alanna Swovelin in Thanks, Smokey! as Actress
- Alanna Anderson in Brand New Faces 45 as Actress
- Alanna Vicente in The Cell as Actress
- Alanna Ubach October 3, 1975 Downey, California, United States
- Alanna Budhoo acted in tvMovie Alligator Pie
- Alanna Hanly characterized small character of Janelle in 2004 movie Almost.
- In 2019, Alanna Bale characterized the role of Anna in action, sci-fi film Enhanced.
Lists having Alanna
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -anna
- Girl names that starts with Ala
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2008)
- Baby Names that mean Rock
- Baby Names that mean Dear
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful