Alina meaning and origin
Alina means Fair, Beautiful, Light, Kind, Lovely, Honorable, Merry, Shining, Bright or Silk of Heaven is used particulary in Scandinavian, Danish, Swedish, Polish, Norwegian, Russian, French, Arabic, Italian, Finnish, Spanish, English and Czech used for baby girls is of Slavonic, Celtic, Old High German and Arabic origin. Alina is a form of prominent and perennial Aline. Aline is version of predominant and all time favorite Eleanor. Also Aline is variant form of immutable and acclaimed Alina. Aline is derivation of Adèle. Aline is abridged form of AdelineAdeline. Also Aline is short version of Adele. Of Old French, Old High German and Germanic origin, Admired and Perpetual Aline, Aline means "Variant of Helen, Noble and Nobility". Alina is derived from Adèle. Adèle is form of Adela in French language. Meaning of Adèle is Noble and Honorable has origin in Old High German. Alina is a short version of Adelina. Adelina is variation of all time favorite, admired and biblical Ada. Also Adelina is variant of durable and prevailing Adela. Adelina is also a variation of hot in vogue and venerable Adeline. Adelina is also form of eternal and commonly accepted Alida. Also Adelina is spelling variation of ADAL;LIN. Adelina means Noble is originated from Germanic, Latin and German. Alina is a short of Adeline. Adeline is a version of AdeleAdelina. Adeline is equivalent of Adela in French and English languages. Also Adeline is English equivalent of Adelaide. Adeline means Honorable and Nobility is of Old High German and Germanic origin. It is celebrated on 20th of October.
Variants of Alina
View middle names that goes with Alina like Lucie, Mee, Flavie,Names that rhyme with Alina
Popularity of Alina
Alina is a popular in United States where over 31372 new-borns have been given the name since 1892. At its zenith in 2018, 1855 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 157th position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 22 times Alina was a common name in England and Wales. Over 2548 babies have been named Alina since 1996. When at its peak in 2004,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Alina is common in France where over 2045 new-borns have been given the name since 1900. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1934, 107 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 321st position. Also, A common name in Switzerland with over 4538 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At the peak of its usage in 2012, 315 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 5th position. Also, Alina is common in Netherlands where over 441 new-borns have been given the name since 2015. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 2019, it ranked 141st when 107 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Alina is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 203 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Alina. Over 635 people have been named Alina in Belgium. Alina is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, although it has been in use since 1999 but could not make beyond the top 400. Over 159 people have been named Alina in Ireland.
However things change on global perspective, Alina is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Romania. Also the baby name is popular in Uzbekistan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Poland, Cuba, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Germany, Moldova, South Africa, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Armenia, India, Mexico, Kyrgyzstan and Spain. As per our estimate, over 1600000 babies have been bestowed Alina around the globe.
Alina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Alina
When it comes to romance, you prefer to stay single and don't obsess over stupid things such as cheating, jealousy, lack of freedom and all those relationship stuff. The only thing holding you back is your lack of flexibility. You don't brag with your success and tend to keep a low profile. You want to shout it out to the world that not everyone has to think or behave the same. People don't take you seriously because of your inconsistency.
You would love these names similar to Alina
- Birrah - Meaning of Birrah is Good Deed is a gender insensitive name is used prevalently in Arabic and Arabic
- Naima - Preeminent Naima primarily is used in Turkish and Gujarati, meaning of Naima is "The Zen or Blessing" aimed at baby girls is originated from Arabic
- Mohammad - Meaning of Mohammad is Praiseworthy or The Praiseworthy is notably used in Norwegian and Danish used as a gender-neutral name came from Arabic. Cherished Mohammad ranked at 488 position in 2001 on the list of baby boy names in United States
- Radi means Satisfied or In Concordance is a boy name, especially used in Danish and Finnish has origin in Germanic
- Gamal - Unfamiliar Arabic Gamal is a gender insensitive name, dominantly used in Arabic, Arabic and English, meaning of Gamal is "Beauty, Camel or Handsome"
Namesakes of Alina
- Alina María Hernández, Cuban transgender television actress
- Alina Surmacka Szczesniak, Polish-born American food scientist best
- Alina Mungiu-Pippidi, Romanian political scientist, academic
- Alina Jenkins, British BBC Weather presenter and radio presenter on BBC Radio Solent
- Alina Militaru, Romanian long jumper
- Alina Kabaeva, Russian Honored Master of Sports
- Alina Fernández, daughter of Fidel Castro and Natalia Revuelta Clews
- Alina Cojocaru, Romanian ballet dancer
- Alina Eremia, Romanian singer, TV personality
- Alina Astafei, Romanian-German track and field athlete
- Alina Smith, Russian-American pop singer-songwriter and record producer
- Alina Cho,
- Alina Jidkova, former professional tennis player from Russia
- Alina Văcariu, Romanian actress and model
- Alina Pogostkina, Russian-born German violinist
- Alina Gut, Polish politician
- Alina Szapocznikow, Polish sculptor and Holocaust survivor
- Alina Kozich, Ukrainian former artistic gymnast
- Alina Dumitru, Romanian judoka
- Alina Ibragimova, Russian-British violinist
- Alina Grosu, Ukrainian singer from the Romanian minority
- Alina Dikhtiar, Ukrainian pair skater
- Alina Shraybman in Garbage as Producer
- Alina Rodriguez Robert in Miami Life Awards Announcement as
- Alina Kiziyarova in Bratya po obmenu as Actress
- Alina Y. Qiu in Kill Bill: Vol. 1 as Miscellaneous Crew
- Alina Golovlyova in Ghoul as Actress
- Alina Paim Alina Leite Paim is a Brazilian writer, writer, editor, writer and feminist writer, as well as genre studies and activism for women's rights, for which she would be persecuted during the dictatorship
- Alina Chivulescu is well-known for her acting in TV series O noua viata
- Alina Gryficz-Mielewska characterized central character of N in 1919 drama movie Lokaj.
- In 1964 drama film, Gosudarstvennyy prestupnik, Alina Pokrovskaya portrayed Mayya Sarantseva-Chernyshyova.
- Alina Rodríguez played the central character of María Antonia in 1990 drama film María Antonia.
- In 2019 comedy film, Senafon, Alina Astrovskaya characterized Lena.
- In 1952 drama movie, Luzes nas Sombras, Alina de Lima characterized N.
- In 1985, Alina Dumitrescu portrayed the role of N in adventure film Aripi de zapada.
- In 1985, Alina Croitoru portrayed the role of N in adventure film Aripi de zapada.
- In 2011 comedy and family movie, Hexe Lilli: Die Reise nach Mandolan, Alina Freund characterized Lilli.
- In 2011 drama flick, Din dragoste cu cele mai bune intentii, Alina Grigore played Delia.
- In 2010 comedy movie, Na izmene, Alina Kirillina characterized N.
- In 2011, Alina Levshin played the role of Marisa in drama film Kriegerin.
Lists having Alina
- Girl names beginning with A
- Arabic Girl Names
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Czech Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Russian Girl Names
- Spanish Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lina
- Girl names that starts with Ali
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Fair
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Bearer
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Lovely
- Baby Names that mean Honorable
- Baby Names that mean Merry
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Silk
- Baby Names that mean Heaven