Alfredo name meaning
On This Page
What does Alfredo mean?
Alfredo means Wise Counsellor, Sage, Counsel from the Elves, Elf, Spanish Form of Alfred, Elf Counsel, All and Peace, Natural Spirit or Council mainly used for both sexes and is rooted from German and Old English is specifically used in Portuguese, Italian, English and Spanish.
Alfredo is variation of famed and conifer Alfred. Alfred is variant form of The Old English Name Ælfræd. Also Alfred is variant form of The Old English Name Ealdfrith. Meaning of Alfred is Natural Spirit, Supernaturally Wise and All and Peace came from Old Norse, German and Old English.
It is celebrated on August 15.
Is the name Alfredo suitable for a newborn?
Alfredo is a popular baby boy name that has been widely used in the Italian culture. It exudes a certain charm and charisma that makes it stand out from the rest of the names.
The name has a timeless appeal to it and is associated with elegance and grace, making it perfect for parents who want their child to carry these qualities throughout their life.
Alfredo is easy to pronounce and spell which makes it accessible to people from all backgrounds. Additionally, this name provides an excellent opportunity for nicknames such as Alfie or Freddy, which adds a playful element to its formality.
Overall, Alfredo is an exceptional name choice for parents who value tradition, charm, and elegance when naming their baby boy.
How do I pronounce Alfredo?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Alfredo is a-lfre-do. Some people pronounce it as al(f)-redo.
Variants of AlfredoNames that rhyme with Alfredo
How popular is the name Alfredo?
Alfredo was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1887 around 54854 babies have been given the name. At the peak of its usage in 1980, 1080 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 266th position.
However after 172 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 500 baby names an astonishing 97 times
Alfredo is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1913 and was able to reach the top 400 names.
In 1965, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 312 on boy names chart when 52 babies were given the name Alfredo. Over 1093 babies in France have been named Alfredo.
The moniker is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 125 people have been named Alfredo in England and Wales.
However things change on global perspective, Alfredo is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Philippines, Argentina and Brazil. Also the baby name is popular in Italy, Mozambique, Angola, Colombia, Peru, Cuba, Venezuela, Spain, Guatemala, Bolivia, Ecuador, Chile, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Portugal, El Salvador, Uruguay, Honduras, Puerto Rico, Panama, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
As per our research, over 1810000 people has been named Alfredo globally.
Alfredo in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Alfredo?
Give yourself some personal space to think. Economic stability matters to you more than working with something you actually love. Although it's all sunshine and rainbow for you now, remember that angry and frustrated people are still out there, capable of hurting you. When it comes to expressing an opinion about something, you keep it to yourself. People admire your spirit. Greater knowledge and truth drive you to explore constantly.
Do you like Alfredo? Read these names too
- Ayla - Commonly Accepted Ayla has its origin in English and Turkish languages bestowed upon baby girls and is used in English, Turkish and German, Ayla means "Halo or Corona". Customary name Ayla bagged 189th position in baby girl names list in 2018 in United States
- Adalynn means Noble or Honorable normally used for baby girls which is chiefly used in English came from Old High German
- Sammie - Preeminent and Perennial unisex name Sammie is largely used in Arabic and English, meaning of Sammie is "Name of God, Told by God or God has Heard" is of Hebrew origin
- Kailey - Meaning of Kailey is Beloved, Laurel or Crown is used as a unisex name which came from Hebrew, Old Irish and Celtic is substantially used in English and Arabic
- Al - Of Old High German and Celtic origin, Famed and Enduring Al is used predominantly in Arabic, English and Swedish used for both boys and girls, Al means "Description of a Lion, Name of the Prophet's Uncle or Help of God (Alalh)"
Sibling Names for Alfredo
Below is a list of potential sibling names for the baby name "Alfredo." These names complement the timeless and traditional feel of Alfredo, while also pairing well with a variety of middle names and last names.
Names for Alfredo's sister
Names for Alfredo's brother
Famous people named Alfredo
- Alfredo Stroessner, Paraguayan Army officer
- Alfredo González Flores, served as President of Costa Rica
- Alfredo Zayas y Alfonso, Cuban lawyer, poet and political figure
- Alfredo Catalani, Italian operatic composer
- Alfredo Sinclair, Panamanian artist
- Alfredo Kraus, distinguished Spanish tenor
- Alfredo Cristiani, was President of El Salvador from 1989 to 1994
- Alfredo Oriani, Italian author, writer and social critic
- Alfredo Ovando Candía, Bolivian president and dictator
- Alfredo Bracchi, versatile Italian author
- Alfredo Ferrari, Italian automotive engineer and the first son of automaker Enzo Ferrari
- Alfredo Le Pera, Argentine journalist, dramatist, and lyricist
- Alfredo M. Bonanno, main theorist of contemporary insurrectionary anarchism
- Alfredo Antoniozzi,
- Alfredo Palacio, Ecuadorian cardiologist and former politician
- Alfredo González Tahuilán, former Mexican footballer
- Alfredo Baquerizo, Ecuadorian politician
- Alfredo Poveda, Interim President of Ecuador January 11
- Alfredo Casero, Argentine musician, actor and comedian
- Alfredo Oscar Saint Jean, Argentine Army major general and politician
- Alfredo Harp Helú, Mexican businessman of Lebanese origin
- Alfredo Fioravanti, Italian sculptor
- Alfredo Dinis, notable Portuguese anti-fascist
- Alfredo Nobre da Costa, Portuguese engineer and politician
- Alfredo Gil, singer and founding member of the musical trio
- Alfredo Panzini, Italian novelist and lexicographer
- Alfredo Genovese, fileteador and visual artist
- Alfredo Rocco, Italian politician and jurist
- Alfredo de Oro, Cuban professional carom billiards and pool player
- Alfredo Reinado, major in the military of Timor-Leste
- Alfredo Salazar Southwell, Peruvian aviator, celebrated as a national hero
- Alfredo Catalán, Venezuelan politician
- Alfredo Cenzano, Peruvian politician and a Congressman representing Puno for the 2006-2011 term
- Alfredo Torero, Peruvian anthropologist and linguist
- Alfredo Copello, Argentine lightweight professional boxer
- Alfredo Porzio, Argentinian heavyweight professional boxer
- Alfredo Gómez Urcuyo, Nicaraguan politician of Liberal ideology
- Alfredo Juinio, civil engineer, educator
- Alfredo Duhalde, Chilean politician
- Alfredo García-Baró, Cuban sprinter specializing in the 100 metres
- Alfredo J. Ramos Campos, Spanish poet and editor
- Alfredo Andreini, Italianphysician and entomologist
- Alfredo Ripstein, Mexican film producer
- Alfredo Codona, member of the world-famous "Flying Codonas" and was the first aerialist to continually perform the triple somersault
- Alfredo Lardelli, Swiss entrepreneur,
- Alfredo Rodrigues Gaspar, Portuguese military officer and politician
- Alfredo Traverso, prolific Argentine cinematographer
- Alfredo Prucker, Italian nordic skier
- Alfredo Cachia Zammit, philanthropist and a Maltese politician
- Alfredo Ottaviani, Italian cardinal of the Catholic Church
- Alfredo Escalera, world champion boxer
Lists having Alfredo
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Portuguese Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Counsellor
- Baby Names that mean Sage
- Baby Names that mean Counsel
- Baby Names that mean Elves
- Baby Names that mean Elf
- Baby Names that mean Magical
- Baby Names that mean Peace
- Baby Names that mean Natural
- Baby Names that mean Spirit
- Baby Names that mean Council