Hannes meaning and origin
Unusual and Modern boy name Hannes means "Yahweh is Gracious or God is Merciful" which originated from Hebrew is used predominantly in Dutch, Swedish, Icelandic, Faroese, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, German and English. Hannes is abridged form of Johannes. Johannes is variation of biblical and long standing Jean. Johannes is equivalent of John in German and Scandinavian languages. Also Johannes is equivalent of The Greek Name Ιωαννης, Which is a Contracted Form of the Hebrew Name יוֹחָנָן, a Combination of Jo;Hann, Meaning God is Gracious in Latin language. Johannes's meaning is Yahweh is Gracious, The Lord is Gracious and German Form of John has its origin in Hebrew.. Also Hannes is equivalent of John in Finnish and Dutch languages.
Variants of HannesNames that rhyme with Hannes
Popularity of Hannes
Hannes used to be a common name in Sweden, first appeared in 1998 and over 2003 babies have been given the name in 10 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2001,. After 10 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Hannes is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 198 on boy names chart when 62 babies were given the name Hannes. Over 846 people have been named Hannes in Belgium.
Hannes is an uncommon baby name in United States where it is still in use. It also recently appeared in England and Wales baby boy names chart. During its 21 years of usage in Switzerland, it had made up to just the top 400 boy names. There are over 290 babies that have been given the name Hannes in Switzerland. But Hannes is a popular baby name in Austria where every 1 in 600 have the name as well as in Germany. According to our research, at least 30000 people have been bestowed Hannes around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Hannes
You believe that each one of us was born with a purpose or is supposed to give their life a purpose of their own. Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. Greater knowledge and truth drive you to explore constantly. Handling the problems and life situations of others keeps you distracted from your own. Injustice makes you go crazy.
Parents who liked Hannes, loved these names
- Simonne - The rare girl name Simonne has its origin in Hebrew, Simonne means "Which is Exalted or He (God) has Heard" is used mostly in Dutch, French and English languages
- Mariela - Frequently Used Mariela is used specifically in German, Swedish and Danish is rooted from Hebrew given to both genders, Mariela means "Bitterness". Among girl names, frequently used Mariela was spotted at 471st position in 1992 in United States
- Claus - Noteworthy and Classic boy name Claus is of Old Greek origin, specifically used in German and Finnish languages, meaning of Claus is "Nikolaus, Indication of the Gender of the Claudian or Victory or People"
- Debora - Debora's meaning is A Bee is used in Icelandic, Danish and Hebrew aimed at both sexes is rooted from Hebrew
- Annemarie - Commonly used in Danish and Swedish preeminent, Annemarie means "God's Gift or Maria" and is aimed at girls is of English and Dutch origin
Namesakes of Hannes
- Hannes Hafstein, Icelandic politician and poet
- Hannes Keller, Swiss physicist, mathematician
- Hannes Hegen, German illustrator and caricaturist and is most famous for creating the East German comic book Mosaik and its original protagonists
- Hannes Lindemann, German doctor, navigator and sailor
- Hannes Maasel, Estonian politician
- Hannes Meyer, Swiss architect and second director of the Bauhaus
- Hannes Manninen, Finnish politician of the Centre Party
- Hannes Lintl, Austrian architect, best
- Hannes Sköld, Swedish socialist and anti-militarist
- Hannes Hopley, South African discus thrower, born in Pretoria
- Hannes Trinkl, Austrian former alpine skier
- Hannes Sirola, Finnish gymnast
- Hannes Alfvén, Swedish electrical engineer
- Hannes Bok, American artist and illustrator
- Hannes Kolehmainen, Finnish four-time Olympic Gold medalist and a world record holder
- Hannes Schneider, Austrian Ski instructor of the first half of the twentieth century
- Hannes Swoboda, Austrian social democratic politician
- Hannes Wader, German singer-songwriter
- Hannes Hólmsteinn Gissurarson, professor of political science at the University of Iceland and a frequent commentator on current affairs
- Hannes Sigurðsson, Icelandic football striker
- Hannes Hyvönen, Finnish professional ice hockey player
- Hannes Reinmayr, retired Austrian football player
- Hannes Ignatius, Finnish soldier and a prominent advocate for Finnish independence
- Hannes Löhr, German international football player and manager
- Hannes Taljaard, South African classical music composer
- Hannes Trautloft, German general and Deputy Inspector of the Air Force of West Germany
- Hannes Arch, Austrian pilot
- Hannes Messemer, German actor
- Hannes Coetzee, guitarist from the Karoo region in South Africa
- Hannes Stefánsson, Icelandic chess grandmaster
- Hannes Holm, Swedish director and screenwriter
- Hannes Stöhr in Berlin Calling as Director
- Hannes Aigner is a German athlete who competes in canoeing in the form of slalom.
- Hannes Anttila acted in TV series Kiimaiset poliisit
- Hannes Fretzer characterized the leading role of Der Mann in 1995 movie Halsweh.
- In 1971 drama film, Ich liebe dich, ich töte dich, Hannes Fuchs characterized Teacher.
- In 1946 drama movie, Nuoruus sumussa, Hannes Häyrinen played Hanski Mäkinen.
- Hannes Närhi portrayed leading role of Juha in 1937 drama flick Juha.
- In 1963, Hannes Schmidhauser played the role of Nick Merk in drama movie Seelische Grausamkeit.
- Hannes Kaljujärv played central role of Madis in 2009 drama flick Pangarööv.
- Hannes Hatje characterized vital character of N in 1982 movie Normalsatz.
- In 1921 film, Der Stier von Olivera, Hannes Sturm played Marques de Barrios.
- In 2008 drama movie, Hurenkarussell, Hannes Liebmann portrayed Fahrgast.
Lists having Hannes
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with H
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Dutch Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Merciful