Alejandra name meaning
What does Alejandra mean?
Illustrous Alejandra majorly is used in Spanish, meaning of Alejandra is "Defender of Men or He Who Wards Off (Other) Men", a gender insensitive name has origin in Old Greek. Alejandra is Spanish form of Alexandra.
How do I pronounce Alejandra?
al-eh-HAHN-dra is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Alejandra. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on third HAHN syllable. It can also be pronounced as a-lejand-ra or al(e)-jan-dra.
Variants of Alejandra
Alandra, Alexandra, Alondra, Lexia, Aleka, Axelia, Allandra, Lexie, Alexia, Alice, Alika, Axelle
How popular is the name Alejandra?
Alejandra was a popular name in United States. Over 50763 babies have been given the first name in 140 years. At the peak of its usage in 1993, 2185 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 147th position. However after 140 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 37 times Also, Alejandra was a popular name in Spain. Over 26713 babies have been given the given name in 17 years. At the peak of its usage in 2010, the moniker grabbed the 22nd spot and 2083 baby girls were given the name. However after 17 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 17 times
Alejandra is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 20 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 3000. Over 109 people have been named Alejandra in England and Wales. Also, it appeared first time in 1979 on baby girl names list of France. Alejandra is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Alejandra is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Argentina. Also the baby name is popular in Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela, Philippines, Guatemala, Colombia, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Nicaragua, Honduras, Ecuador and Paraguay. As per our evaluation, over 840000 people has been named Alejandra globally.
Alejandra in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Alejandra?
You are a walking motivation and inspire people to take control over their lives and make the best of themselves. You have a restless spirit and booming energy. When it comes to love, you can't stand a monogamous relationship. You can't stand injustice. You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You have 3 as your expression number it reveals your positive attitude toward life.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Alejandra
- Diana Paola - Girl name Diana Paola means "Paola or Diana", specifically used in Spanish is rooted from Spanish language
- Nicandro - Nicandro's meaning is Man of Victory is especially used in Spanish that of Old Greek origin is aimed at baby boys
- Juan David principally is used in Spanish, meaning of Juan David is "Juan or David" and a boy name is originated from Spanish
- Miguelle - Used primarily in Spanish, Miguelle is originated from Hebrew, Miguelle means "Who is Like God"
- Luis Alberto - Originated from Spanish, Luis Alberto mostly bestowed upon baby boys, Luis Alberto means "Luis or Alberto" is mainly used in Spanish
Sibling Names for Alejandra
Choosing the perfect name for your baby can be a daunting task. If you've settled on the name Alejandra, you might want to consider names that complement it beautifully for siblings. Here are some suggestions that will make choosing sibling names a breeze.
Sister for Alejandra
Brother to Alejandra
Famous people named Alejandra
- Alejandra Pizarnik, Argentine poet
- Alejandra Quintero, Mexican woman from the state of Nuevo León,
- Alejandra Krauss, Chilean politician and former Minister of Planning and Cooperation
- Alejandra Guzmán, Mexican singer-songwriter, actress, and musician
- Alejandra Boero, Argentine theater actress and director
- Alejandra Barros, Mexican actress
- Alejandra Gutierrez Oraa, Venezuelan television anchor currently working for CNN en Español
- Alejandra García, Argentine pole vaulter
- Alejandra Ley in Cuatro lunas as Actress
- Alejandra Manzo in Anita as Actress
- Alejandra Lorenzo in Fuera de carta as Actress
- Alejandra Urdiaín in The ABCs of Death as Actress
- Alejandra Maldonado in Episode #1.1 as Actress
- Alejandra Theus in Episode #1.10 as Actress
- Alejandra Álvarez in Gran Estreno as Actress
- Alejandra Espinoza in El destape as
- Alejandra Flores in A Walk in the Clouds as Actress
- Actor Alejandra Abreu, famous for TV series Gino
- Alejandra Prado, from 1998 action, drama film Single Action, who characterized Harumi.
- In 2002 comedy and drama film, Vivir mata, Alejandra Gollas characterized Regina.
- Alejandra Vidal portrayed small character of Sonia in 1985 action and adventure flick Abriendo fuego.
- Alejandra Aristegui, from 2002 drama, thriller flick Ni vivo, ni muerto, who portrayed N.
- In 1980, Alejandra Aquino characterized the role of N in comedy, romance flick La playa del amor.
- Alejandra Garrido, from 1997 flick Pasión gitana, who played N.
- In 1989, Alejandra Cerrillo played the role of Ana in drama film Lola.
- Alejandra Nettel, from 1999 drama film Del otro lado, who portrayed Compañera 1.
- Alejandra Szpecht, from 2017 comedy, drama movie Saber Crecer, who portrayed the Dani's mom.
- In 2015 drama, romance film, Ella & Él, Alejandra Saba played Andrea.
Lists having Alejandra
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -andra
- Boy names that starts with Ale
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Men
- Baby Names that mean Wards