Arlo name meaning
On This Page
What does Arlo mean?
Loved and Ever lasting unisex name Arlo means "Hill, Barberry or Angel" has its origin in Spanish and Germanic is used principally in English and Spanish. Arlo is version of everlasting and predominant Charles.
Charles is English form of Karl. Also Charles is French and English cognate of Karl. Originated from Germanic and Old High German, Well-Known and All time favorite Charles, Charles means "Strong and Manly".
How is Arlo regarded as a baby name?
Arlo is a well-liked boy's name from Spain that's been catching on recently. Its probably comes from 'arbol', which means "barberry tree", and might represent two hills, suggesting strength and potential for bearers of the name Arlo.
It's viewed as a contemporary, fashionable pick by parents and acquaintances of children with this name. Arlo could also be a gentle but effective way of expressing heritage, culture, or faith through language.
This makes Arlo an even more compelling choice as a baby name.
How do I pronounce Arlo?
Two syllabled Arlo is pronounced as a-rlo. Some people pronounce it as ar-lo.
Variants of Arlo
Nicknames for Arlo
Though Arlo itself is a short name but that doesn't mean that you cannot have nicknames. See the list below:
How popular is the name Arlo?
Arlo is a popular name in United States given to over 10018 babies in 128 years. Currently peaking at the charts, 1256 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 278th position.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 3 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales having over 6697 recievers in 24 years of usage. Presently peaked at the charts, 1715 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 36th position.
Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times
In New South Wales, Arlo was once a common name since emerging in 2015 it has been given to over 787 babies.
At its zenith in 2019,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, Arlo is a common name in Queensland given to over 648 babies in 4 years.
Currently at its peak, it ranked 27th when 184 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, Arlo is a common name in Victoria given to over 593 babies in 4 years.
At its zenith in 2019, 200 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 30th position.
Arlo is a familiar baby name in Ireland, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names.
Recently in 2018, 59 babies were given Arlo and it reached its peak ranking, 111 on boy names chart. There are over 197 babies that have been given the name Arlo in Ireland.
Arlo is an uncommon baby name in France where it is still in use. Arlo is a common name in Philippines while somewhat familiar name in Canada. According to our evaluation, over 10000 babies have been named Arlo globally.
Arlo in Nordic countries
Here's what numbers has to say about Arlo
You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. Even though you are a sensitive person, you hate being around people who don't have a problem with expressing their emotions. Your great sense of humor makes you attractive in other people's eyes. You are secretive when it comes to your dreams and goals because you believe that the fewer people know about your ideas and happiness, the longer you will stay happy and motivated.
Do you like Arlo? Read these names too
- Eugenia - Eugenia's meaning is Sweet Spoken or Well-Born is used dominantly in Italian and Swedish. It is rooted from Old Greek is used as a gender insensitive name . Celebrated name Eugenia managed to bag 479th position on baby girl chart in 1955 in United States
- Alani - Of Hawaii and Celtic origin, Renowned Alani bestowed upon both genders, Alani means "Orange" is predominantly used in Hawaiian and English
- Mitchel - Durable and Well-Known Mitchel is used primarily in English is originated from Old French and Hebrew is a gender-neutral name, Mitchel means "Form of Michael Like God, Michael or Who is Like God"
- Enzo - Origin of Admired Enzo is in Germanic and Italian, meaning of Enzo is "Laurel or House", commonly used in Danish, Italian and Swedish is given to both genders
- Katelynn - Prevalent unisex name Katelynn is prevalently used in English has its roots in Old Greek, meaning of Katelynn is "The Pure, Medieval English Form of the Irish Caitlin or Pure"
Sibling Names for Arlo
Choosing the perfect name for your baby can be challenging, but if you have a strong affinity for the name Arlo, then this list of sibling names might just be what you're looking for. Here are some unique and beautiful names that perfectly complement the name Arlo, making them ideal options for siblings.
Sister to Arlo
For a brother
Famous people named Arlo
- Arlo Eisenberg, aggressive inline skater
- Arlo U. Landolt, American astronomer
- Arlo Guthrie, American folk singer-songwriter
- Arlo Bates, American author, educator and newspaperman
- Arlo Hemphill, American wilderness advocate
- Arlo White, English sports presenter and commentator
- Actor Arlo Curtis, notable for movie The Savage Wild
Lists having Arlo
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Fortified
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Army
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Angel