Alpheus name meaning
On This Page
What does Alpheus mean?
Meaning of Alpheus is Successor is a baby boy name notably used in English has origin in Hebrew and Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Alpheus?
The two syllabled name Alpheus is pronounced, a-lpheus. It can also be pronounced as al-pheus.
Variants of AlpheusNames that rhyme with Alpheus
How popular is the name Alpheus?
Alpheus is a unique baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1880 and was last seen in 1993, during its 73 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 700 names.
In 1882, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 691 on boy names chart when 29 babies were named Alpheus. Over 750 babies in United States have been named Alpheus. But Alpheus is a popular baby name in South Africa where every 1 in 5000 have the name.
According to our evaluation, at least 10000 people have been bestowed Alpheus around the globe.
Numerological aspects of Alpheus
You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You love to explore, never comfortable in your comfort zone. In fact, you do not have a comfort zone. You are always in the center of attention and the one who stands for what's right. You are passionate when it comes to relationships but cool off too easily. You can't stand in one place for a long time because it bores you. You are a passionate lover but hard to understand.
Do you like Alpheus? Other names you would love
- Kaitlyn - Used predominantly in English and Irish eminent, Kaitlyn is originated from Old Greek, Kaitlyn means "The Pure or Girls" is a gender insensitive name
- Ronnica - Origin of Unwonted Ronnica is in Old Greek, meaning of Ronnica is "True, Faith and Bringing Victory" and is used mostly in English is used for girls. Ronnica is resulted from Veronica.
- Calinda - Used especially in English uncustomary, Calinda aimed at baby girls is of Old Greek and Sanskrit origin, Calinda means "Contemporary Blend of the Italian or Greek Calandra with Linda"
- Akili - Odd unisex name Akili is especially used in Arabic and Arabic that of Arabic and Old Greek origin, meaning of Akili is "Intelligent, Intelligence or Wit"
- Katialine - Katialines origin is Greek, meaning of Katialine is "Pure"
Sibling Names for Alpheus
Alpheus is a unique and meaningful name choice for parents looking for something unconventional. If you're considering this moniker for your little one, then why not consider giving them a sibling name that complements Alpheus perfectly? We've compiled a list of lovely names that sound great alongside Alpheus. Check them out below!
For a sister
Brother to Alpheus
Famous people named Alpheus
- Alpheus Babcock, piano and music instrument maker
- Alpheus Hyatt Verrill, American zoologist, explorer, inventor
- Alpheus Todd, English-born Canadian librarian and constitutional historian
- Alpheus S. Williams, lawyer, judge, journalist, U.S. Congressman
- Alpheus Hyatt, American zoologist and palaeontologist
- Alpheus Spring Packard, Alpheus Spring Packard, Jr
- Alpheus Felch, fifth Governor of Michigan and U.S. Senator
- Alpheus Cutler, early leader in the Latter Day Saint movement
- Alpheus P. Hodges, first Mayor of Los Angeles
- Alpheus Spring Packard Sr., professor for more than 40 years at Bowdoin College
- Alpheus Beede Stickney, first president of Chicago Great Western Railway
- Alpheus Baker, brigadier general
- Alpheus Field Wood, Ontario merchant and political figure
- In 1917, Alpheus Lincoln played the role of Jack Carter in drama film The Master Passion.
Lists having Alpheus
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with A
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Greek Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names