Rhiannon meaning and origin
Frequently Used Rhiannon specifically is used in Welsh, Danish, English, Finnish and Swedish came from Welsh and Celtic bestowed upon both sexes, meaning of Rhiannon is "Goddess, Nymph or Rigantona Meaning Great Queen". Rhiannon is Welsh form of *Rigantona.
Variants of Rhiannon
Rigantona, Reana, Riana, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mary, Rhianna, Rihana, Ryan, Adriana, *Rigantona, Reeana, Riane, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Marriam, Miriam, Mamre, Marianne, Mireio, Maaria, Marielle, Mai, Marea, Adamary, Marigrace, Rheanna, Rhian, Raihana, Rihanna, Raian, Rayan, Ryananthony, Addi, Ariane, Dedriana, Hadrianus
View middle names that goes with Rhiannon like Aubree, Kristen, Agnes, Eunice, France, Gwin,Names that rhyme with Rhiannon
Popularity of Rhiannon
Rhiannon is a popular name in United States given to over 14095 babies in 46 years. At its zenith in 1977, 651 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 418th position. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 8 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 6048 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Presently the name is rising, in 1998, 657 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 83rd position. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 5 times
Rhiannon was a common name in New South Wales. Over 1253 babies have been named Rhiannon since 1987. At the peak of its usage in 1994,. After 12 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In Queensland, Rhiannon is a familiar name where it had been in use since for 12 from 1989 to 2001 and had secured the place in top 100 names. In 1993, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 61 on girl names chart when 72 babies were given the name Rhiannon. Over 713 babies in Queensland have been named Rhiannon.
Rhiannon is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 23 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 147 people have been named Rhiannon in Ireland. Rhiannon is a rare baby name in France where it may not be used now. But Rhiannon is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 20000 have the name. According to our research, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Rhiannon around the globe.
Numerological analysis of Rhiannon
You stay true to your opinion and beliefs. You are always open to hearing new opinions and perspectives. Focus on inner peace, balance, harmony, helping those in need, kindness, and love. You are always in the center of attention because of the unusual lifestyle you lead and life decisions that seem too dangerous to some but inspiring to others. You are a walking inspiration with an amazing aura.
You would love these names similar to Rhiannon
- Armèle - Armèle's meaning is Bear or Prince is rooted from Celtic
- Macintyre - Offbeat boy name Macintyre means "The Son of the Carpenter" has its origin in Celtic
- Noalig - The Noalig means "Lamb or White" is rooted from Celtic language
- Neele commonly is used in Swedish, Danish and Norwegian is of German and Celtic origin and a gender insensitive name, meaning of Neele is "Cornelia or Petronella"
- Tory - The widely accepted unisex name Tory means "Conqueror, Winner or Derived from Victoria Triumphant", prevalently used in Danish, English and Swedish is rooted from Celtic, Latin and Old Irish languages
Namesakes of Rhiannon
- Rhiannon Lassiter, children's books author
- Rhiannon Owen in Angela's Decision as Actress
- Rhiannon Ally in Better as
- Rhiannon Bray in Strange Visitors & Other Tales as Actress
- Rhiannon Cowles in Lady Lazarus as Actress
- Rhiannon Moller-Trotter in Beastly as Actress
- Rhiannon Giddens in The Great Debaters as Actress
- Rhiannon Koehler in Meet the Activists as Actress
- Rhiannon Fish in Episode #1.5851 as Actress
- Rhiannon Leigh Wryn in The Last Mimzy as Actress
- Rhiannon Tate directed the short Isaac and Quincy
- In 2008 drama movie, This Life, Rhiannon Myee portrayed Chloe.
Lists having Rhiannon
- Boys names beginning with R
- Girls names beginning with R
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2000)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1999)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2001)
- Baby Names that mean Sacred
- Baby Names that mean Queen
- Baby Names that mean Nymph
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Great