Bethany name meaning
What does Bethany mean?
Bethany's meaning is House of Poverty, Name of the Village, House or Worshipper of God is used as a gender insensitive name which is substantially used in English, Finnish, Arabic, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish has origin in Hebrew. Bethany is variant form of darling and biblical Bethan. Bethan is a variation of biblical and prevalent Bethany. Also Bethan is variation of Bethania. Bethan is short of Beth. Also Bethan is an abridged form of Elizabeth. Origin of Well-Known Bethan is in Hebrew, meaning of Bethan is "My God has Sworn and My God is Abundance". Bethany is English form of Bethania.
How do I pronounce Bethany?
The three syllabled name Bethany is pronounced, beh-tha-nee. The name can also be pronounced as b(e)-tha-ny.
Variants of Bethany
Nicknames for Bethany
Some possible nicknames for baby name Bethany include:Names that rhyme with Bethany
How popular is the name Bethany?
Bethany is a popular name in United States given to over 97958 babies in 127 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1987, 3296 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 87th position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 100 baby names 6 times Also, Bethany was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 42144 babies have been named Bethany since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 1999, it ranked 11st when 4271 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 12 times
Bethany was a common name in New South Wales. Over 899 babies have been named Bethany since 1994. When at the peak of its usage in 1997,. After 10 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Bethany is a familiar baby name in Queensland during its short run, it been to the top 100 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 74 on girl names chart when 57 babies were given the name Bethany. Over 472 people have been named Bethany in Queensland.
Bethany is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 27 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 200. Over 315 people have been named Bethany in Ireland. Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2001 when it ranked 3456th. But Bethany is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 8000 have the name. According to our findings, over 140000 babies have been named Bethany globally.
Bethany in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Bethany
Sincerity is something you respect and practice. Number 6 as your soul urge no represents your caring nature. You are the most sensitive person but prefer to keep it secret so you don't give people a chance to take advantage of you. You possess great communication skills. You have 3 as your expression number it reveals your positive attitude toward life. Small talks and gossip are things you can't stand in life.
Do you like Bethany? Other names you would love
- Fadwah - Girl name Fadwah has origin in Arabic, meaning of Fadwah is "Name Derived from Self-Sacrifice or Self-sacrifice" is particulary used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Mustaneer - The boy name Mustaneer means "Brilliant" is used notably in Arabic and Sindhi
- Mariam - Cherished and Evergreen unisex name Mariam is rooted from Hebrew and Arabic, meaning of Mariam is "Wished for Child, Uncertain or A Flower" is used notably in Finnish, Swedish and Danish
- Abdah - The unisex name Abdah is used chiefly in Arabic and Arabic, Abdah means "Worshipper of Allah, The Genealogist or Nick Name of Abdur - Rehman" is originated from Hebrew
- Ada - Darling and Venerable unisex name Ada is of German and Germanic origin mostly used in Icelandic and English languages, meaning of Ada is "Style or Elegance". Well-Known name Ada managed to bag 251st position on the list of baby girl names in 2018 in United States
Famous people named Bethany
- Bethany Beardslee, American soprano particularly noted for her collaborations with major 20th-century composers, such as Igor Stravinsky, Milton Babbitt, Pierre Boulez, George Perle
- Bethany Donaphin, American female basketball player
- Bethany Hamilton, American professional surfer who survived a 2003 shark attack
- Bethany McLean, contributing editor to 'Vanity Fair' magazine
- Bethany Dillon, Contemporary Christian music artist
- Bethany House, publisher that publishes Christian fiction and non-fiction books
- Bethany Campbell, an American writer of romance novels
- Bethany Young in Iron Man as Visual Effects
- Bethany Owens in Ruff Needs His Herring Checked as Actress
- Bethany Taylor in Frat House Massacre as Actress
- Bethany Blackwell in Wilshire & Grand as Actress
- Bethany Scearce in Programmed as Actress
- Bethany Hall in Beatrix as Actress
- Bethany Geaber in Cute Couple as Actress
- Bethany Tiller in Republic of Pete as Actress
- Bethany Carol in Wingmen Incorporated as Actress
- Bethany McNab in Don't Ask Me Why as Actress
- Bethany Adams is noted for her acting in short Growing Season
- Bethany Lee, from 1975 drama flick The Firm Man, who portrayed the Girl.
- Bethany Joy Lenz, from 2017 action and adventure flick Extortion, who played the Julie Riley.
- Bethany Whitmore portrayed leading role of Greta in 2015 comedy and family film Girl Asleep.
Lists having Bethany
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Bet
- Girl names that ends with -any
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1988)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2015)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2004)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2006)
- Baby Names that mean House
- Baby Names that mean Village
- Baby Names that mean Worshipper
- Baby Names that mean God