Bethan name meaning
What does Bethan mean?
Originated from Hebrew, Unorthodox Bethan is notably used in Welsh, English, Swedish, Finnish and Danish, Bethan means "My God is Abundance or My God has Sworn" is mostly used for baby girls. Bethan is version of desirable and biblical Bethany. Bethany is variant form of preeminent and biblical Bethan. Bethany is form of Bethania in English language. Bethany's meaning is Worshipper of God and Name of the Village has its origin in Hebrew. Bethan is variation of Bethania. Bethania is derived from Bethany. Bethania is Greek and Latin equivalent of The Hebrew Place Name בֵּית־תְּאֵנָה Meaning House of the Figs Or House of the Poor. Bethan is a short version of Beth. Beth is variant of biblical and modern Bithiah. Beth is shortened form of Elizabeth. Also Beth is a short version of Bethan. Beth is also short form of Bethia. Beth is also short of Bel. Beth's meaning is My God has Sworn and God's Promise has origin in Hebrew. Bethan is shortened form of Elizabeth. Outlandish Elizabeth's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Elizabeth is "My God is Abundance, My God has Sworn and God is Perfection God is My Oath".
How do I pronounce Bethan?
The two syllabled name Bethan is commonly pronounced as Beth-an. The other ways to say the name is b(e)-than.
Variants of BethanNames that rhyme with Bethan
How popular is the name Bethan?
Bethan was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 7804 babies have been given the first name in 23 years. At the peak of its usage in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 72nd spot and 825 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 5 times Bethan is an uncommon baby name in United States where it has been in use since 1981 and achieved its top ranking of 7687 in 1988. Also, it appeared first time in 1995 on baby girl names list of Ireland.
But Bethan is a popular baby name in Wales where every 1 in 600 have the name. At least, 10000 people globally have carried Bethan as their given name according to our research.
What numbers say about Bethan?
Nothing escapes your eye, your sense of smell is highly developed, such as your sense of touch. To have dreams you want to accomplish means having a reason to wake up in the morning. Although you can't stand in one place for too long, if something catches your attention, you are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done perfectly. You care about the people you love deeply but can imagine living without them.
Other names similar to Bethan
- Lova - Used particulary in Norwegian and Swedish age-old and unfamiliar, Lova is of Scandinavian and Germanic origin, Lova means "The Promise" is used as a girl name
- Joná is Sami form of Jon. Also Joná is equivalent of Jona in Sami language
- Felisia - The prevailing and evergreen girl name Felisia is originated from Latin is predominantly used in English, Finnish and Swedish. Felisia is form of Felicia in Faroese language
- Harly - Used principally in English, Swedish and Finnish far-out, Harly has its origin in Old English, Harly means "From the Long Field" is aimed at both genders
- Neptunus is originated from Dutch, Latin and Scandinavian is used in Scandinavian, Dutch and Swedish, Neptunus means "Powerful, Lord or Water" is used as a baby boy name
Famous people named Bethan
- Bethan Gwanas, popular contemporary Welsh author
- Bethan Huws, award given by the Bonnefantenmuseum
- Bethan Sayed, Welsh politician, born in Aberdare, Wales
- Bethan Wright in A New Suspect, Lollllllllll! as Actress
- Bethani Radaker in Land of the Lost as Actress
- Bethany Young in Iron Man as Visual Effects
- Bethany Owens in Ruff Needs His Herring Checked as Actress
- Bethany Taylor in Frat House Massacre as Actress
- Bethany Blackwell in Wilshire & Grand as Actress
- Bethany Scearce in Programmed as Actress
- Bethany Hall in Beatrix as Actress
- Bethany Geaber in Cute Couple as Actress
- Bethany Tiller in Republic of Pete as Actress
Lists having Bethan
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with B
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Welsh Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Bet
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2000)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Abundance
- Baby Names that mean Sworn