Brian name meaning
On This Page
What does Brian mean?
Of Celtic origin, Admired Brian means "Honorable, Strength, High, Noble, Virtuous, Hill Place, Brave, Esteem, Consideration, The Blessed One or The Element Brígh Meaning Strength, Power or Force" aimed at both sexes is used primarily in Malayalam, Norwegian, Faroese, Danish, English, Irish, Swedish, Greenlandic, Finnish and Gaelic.
Brian is resultant of Briac. Customary Celtic Briac, meaning of Briac is "Consideration and Esteem". The name is celebrated on Dec.
How do I pronounce Brian?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Brian as bry-in.
Variants of Brian
Nicknames for Brian
The baby name Brian has plentitude of nicknames like:
How popular is the name Brian?
Brian was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 1170147 babies have been named Brian since 1909. At the peak of its usage in 1970, it ranked 8th when 36325 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However after 180 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 12 times Also, Brian is a popular name in Ireland given to over 24009 babies in 56 years.
Presently the name is rising, in 1977, the moniker grabbed the 7th spot and 944 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 10 baby names 19 times Also, Brian was among the popular names in France.
Since emerging in 1954 around 7960 babies have been given the moniker. At its zenith in 1997, 531 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 125th position. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 65 years.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 33 times Also, Brian was among the popular names in New South Wales. Since emerging in 1952 around 8678 babies have been given the given name.
At its zenith in 1952, 624 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 13rd position. After 32 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 19 times
In England and Wales, Brian was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 2305 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 1996,. After 23 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Brian was a common name in Spain. Over 201 babies have been named Brian since 2002.
When at the peak of its usage in 2002,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Brian used to be a common name in Denmark, first appeared in 1985 and over 325 babies have been given the name in 1 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 1985,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times Also, Brian was a common name in Belgium.
Over 1237 babies have been named Brian since 1995. When at the peak of its usage in 1995,. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Also, In Queensland, Brian was once a common name since emerging in 1960 it has been given to over 2675 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1960,. After 26 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Also, Brian used to be a common name in Western Australia, first appeared in 1930 and over 3131 babies have been given the name in 22 years. At its zenith in 1937,.
After 22 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 15 times
Brian is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 167 on boy names chart when 46 babies were named Brian. Over 474 babies in Switzerland have been named Brian. Also, in Netherlands, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 400 names.
In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 368 on boy names chart when 41 babies were named Brian. Over 143 babies in Netherlands have been named Brian.
Brian is a rare baby name in Spain and may not be used now.
Over 201 people have been named Brian in Spain. And also in Denmark. Over 325 people have been named Brian in Denmark. However things change on global perspective, Brian is extremely popular in Kenya where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, England and Canada.
Also the baby name is popular in Uganda, Zambia, Australia, South Africa, Scotland, Philippines, Malawi, New Zealand, Wales, Zimbabwe, Northern Ireland, Indonesia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Papua New Guinea, Sudan and Malaysia.
At least, 2970000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Brian in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Brian?
You prefer determinate and strong partner when it comes to relationships. You are the most sensitive person but prefer to keep it secret so you don't give people a chance to take advantage of you. You stay true to your opinion and beliefs. You pick your friends by their honesty, reliability, and thinking. You have the ability to see inside people's soul and find out what they want. Back in time, you were too focused on your career until you realized there's something more important to live for.
Looking for a name like Brian? Please go through the following names
- Cailey - Meaning of Cailey is Beloved is principally used in Arabic and English and is bestowed upon baby girls has its origin in Celtic
- Audrina - Audrina's meaning is Noble or Nobility is rooted from Celtic and Old High German, a girl name is substantially used in English
- Elouen - The Elouen is originated from Celtic, Elouen means "Wealth or Light"
- Yvon - Yvon's meaning is Yew or Shrub is used as a gender insensitive name and is rooted from Celtic and Germanic is notably used in Finnish, Swedish and Danish
- Doug - Frequently Used Doug is used in English and Scottish came from Welsh, Scottish and Celtic used as a gender insensitive name, Doug means "Dark Water or Blood River"
Sibling Names for Brian
If you have chosen to name your baby boy Brian, you may be looking for sibling names that sound great when paired with it. Here are some options to consider for brothers and sisters of Brian, ranging from classic to unique choices.
Sister to Brian
For a brother
Famous people named Brian
- Brian Hannon, The Rt Rev
- Brian Irvine, composer from Northern Ireland
- Brian Ferneyhough, British composer, who has resided in California
- Brian G. Hughes, US businessman and practical joker
- Brian Coffey, Irish poet and publisher
- Brian James, English punk rock guitarist
- Brian Faulkner, sixth and last Prime Minister of Northern Ireland
- Brian Leiser, member of the band Fun Lovin' Criminals, plays bass
- Brian Peckford, Canadian politician
- Brian Heap, biological scientist
- Brian Houghton Hodgson, pioneer naturalist and ethnologist working
- Brian Callison, British novelist
- Brian Talboys, New Zealand politician
- Brian Merriman, Irish language poet and teacher
- Brian Spillett, only son of Ernest and Mary Spillett and brother to Christine, Rosemary
- Brian Ransom, Manitoba politician
- Brian Jones, English balloonist
- Brian Asawa, Japanese American opera singer
- Brian Mason, Canadian politician
- Brian O'Dea, Canadian former drug smuggler
- Brian Connell, former New Zealand politician
- Brian Burke, was Labor premier of Western Australia
- Brian Penton, Australian journalist and novelist
- Brian Neeson, New Zealand politician
- Brian Curtin, former barrister and Irish circuit court judge
- Brian Howe,
- Brian Patten, English poet and author
- Brian Stableford, British science fiction writer
- Brian Walden, British journalist and broadcaster
- Brian Tamaki, heads Destiny Church
- Brian Corrin, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Brian Goodwin, Canadian mathematician and biologist
- Brian Barnes, English artist
- Brian Randell, British computer scientist, and Emeritus Professor at the School of Computing Science
- Brian Boyd, professor of literature known primarily as an expert on the life and works of author Vladimir Nabokov and on literature and evolution
- Brian Mikkelsen, is CEO of The Danish Chamber of Commerce
- Brian Duprey, 5 term Maine State Representative from Hampden
- Brian Lowdermilk, American musical theater composer and lyricist
- Brian Lunn, British writer
- Brian Connor, The Rev
- Brian Lang, Scottish social anthropologist
- Brian Morris, Baron Morris of Castle Morris, British poet, critic and professor of literature
- Brian Kernighan, scientist
- Brian Greene, American theoretical physicist, mathematician
- Brian Josephson, 22-year-old PhD student at Cambridge University
- Brian G. Marsden, scientist
- Brian Duffy, retired U.S. Air Force colonel and a former NASA astronaut
- Brian Binnie, former United States Navy officer and one of the test pilots for SpaceShipOne
- Brian Hoskins, British dynamical meteorologist and climatologist based at the Imperial College London and the University of Reading
- Brian Morris, professor emeritus of molecular medical sciences at the University of Sydney
- Brian De Palma, American film director and screenwriter
- Brian Lara, Trinidadian former international cricketer
- Brian Aldiss, English writer and anthologies editor
- Brian Boitano, American figure skater from Sunnyvale, California
- Brian May, English musician, singer, songwriter
- Brian Mulroney, Canadian politician
- Brian Froud, English fantasy illustrator
- Brian Boru, Irish king
Lists having Brian
- Boys names beginning with B
- Girls names beginning with B
- Celtic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gaelic Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2009)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (1985)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (1995)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (1984)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1985)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (1951)
- Baby Names that mean Honorable
- Baby Names that mean Strength
- Baby Names that mean High
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Virtuous
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Place
- Baby Names that mean Brave
- Baby Names that mean Esteem
- Baby Names that mean Blessed
- Baby Names that mean One