Cecylia name meaning
What does Cecylia mean?
Used mainly in Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, Finnish and Danish rarefied, Cecylia aimed at girls has its origin in Latin. Cecylia is a variant of perennial and prevalent Cecilia. Also Cecilia is Nordic form of Caecilia. Meaning of Cecilia is Sixth, Blind One and The Way for the Blind has its origin in Latin.
What do we think of Cecylia as a name for a newborn?
Cecylia is a beautiful and unique name for a newborn girl. Its Welsh origin means blind; sixth, which can be seen as inspirational. It encourages the baby to strive to see life from different perspectives, an important lesson for everyone. The name has a lovely sound that can bring joy in any language. It is also not overly common, so Cecylia will stand out from her peers in a special way. It may also bring to mind positive images of the Welsh culture which its origin is associated with. Overall Cecylia is an excellent name choice for a baby girl and something that she can grow into and become proud of.
How do I pronounce Cecylia?
Three syllabled Cecylia is pronounced as ce-cy-lia.
Variants of Cecylia
Cecilia, Caecilius, Cacelia, Cecilie, Celia, Cecelie, Ceilia, Selia, Lucelia, Celiana, Caelius, Caelia, Celeste, CelinaNames that rhyme with Cecylia
How popular is the name Cecylia?
Cecylia is an uncommon baby name in United States, its highest ever rank is 3092 (1917) in its 19 years run on United States naming chart. There are over 121 babies that have been given the name Cecylia in United States. Also, it appeared first time in 2011 on baby girl names list of England and Wales. It had a short run of 7 years on France girl names chart. Cecylia is a common name in Poland while somewhat familiar name in Tanzania and Germany. As per our research, over 5000 people has been named Cecylia globally.
Cecylia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Cecylia
Realizing your goals is what lifts your spirit and boosts your self-confidence. You never go anywhere or do anything without a plan, or two. When it comes to friendships, you respect the people you hang out with and you are always there to give a hand when needed. You care about the people you love deeply but can imagine living without them. Achieving inner peace and harmony in life is what's most important to you.
Do you like Cecylia? You would love these names
- Blancheflor - Girl name Blancheflor has origin in Latin and French, Blancheflor means "White or White Flower" is used prevalently in Norwegian and Swedish
- Cristel - Odd girl name Cristel is used largely in English, Danish and Norwegian that of English and Latin origin, meaning of Cristel is "Disciple of the Christ"
- Monique - Darling Monique is used in Finnish and Swedish is a gender-neutral name, Monique means "Unique or Monk" came from Greek, Latin and Old Greek
- Star - Origin of Well-Liked Star is in Latin and English, meaning of Star is "Stella or Star" used for both sexes is used prevalently in Old DanishOld SwedishNorwegian and Danish
- Krista - Famous unisex name Krista came from Latin, chiefly used in Danish, Finnish and German languages, meaning of Krista is "Christian, Anointed or Disciple of Christ"
Middle names for Cecylia
Some great options for short and familiar middle names to go with Cecylia.
View more middle names that goes with Cecylia.
Sibling Names for Cecylia
Are you looking for sibling names that would perfectly complement your baby girl's name Cecylia? Well, look no further. We have compiled a list of beautiful and unique names for brothers and sisters that would make an ideal match with Cecylia. Check out our top picks below!
Names for Cecylia's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Cecylia
We could not find any notable namesake.
Lists having Cecylia
- Girl names beginning with C
- American Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Blind
- Baby Names that mean Sixth
- Baby Names that mean One