Cora meaning and origin
Cora's meaning is Maiden or Seething Pool is a gender insensitive name. It is rooted from Latin, Greek, Germanic, German and Old Greek is used substantially in Norwegian, Finnish, German, French, Swedish, Greek, English and Danish. Cora is derivation of Corey. Corey is form of timeless and prominent Corbin. Corey is English equivalent of A Surname, Ultimatively from the Old Norse Personal Name Kori. Meaning of Corey is Chosen and Strong and Lively came from Old Norse, Old French and Latin. Cora is short of Cordula. Cordula is a derivation of Cordelia. Origin of Cherished and Venerable Cordula is in Greek and Latin, meaning of Cordula is "Cordus and Hearts". Cora is equivalent of The Greek Name Κορη in Latin language. Cora is celebrated on May 18th.
Variants of CoraNames that rhyme with Cora
Popularity of Cora
a popular name in United States having over 135819 recievers in 189 years of usage. At present peaking at the charts, it ranked 15th when 3574 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 17 times A common name in England and Wales with over 2426 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Recently peaked at the charts, it ranked 158th when 336 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Cora is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 119 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Cora. Over 1552 babies in Ireland have been named Cora. The first name is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1932 but could not make beyond the top 900. There are over 532 babies that have been given the name Cora in France.
But Cora is a popular baby name in Netherlands where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in Philippines. According to our estimate, at least 140000 people have been bestowed Cora around the globe.
Cora in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Cora
If you walk over people to get on top, you won't make it. Or you will but you won't feel good about yourself. To have 7 as your soul urge number reflects the urge of your spirit to be free. People who only care about their own good and satisfaction make you nervous and mad because you are all about helping others. Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this. You are a good friend and know how to keep secrets.
Do you like Cora? Read these names too
- Clemenza - Unisex name Clemenza is chiefly used in Italian and originated from Latin, Clemenza means "Merciful or Gentleness"
- Justinia - Uncommon girl name Justinia is of Latin origin and is especially used in Swedish and Finnish languages, meaning of Justinia is "Reasonable or Fair"
- Marris - Origin of Offbeat Marris is in Latin bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Marris is "Star of the Sea" is used principally in English
- Emmalyn - Originated from English and Latin, Customary Emmalyn is used substantially in English, Swedish and Danish given to girls, Emmalyn means "Lyn or Emma"
- Karena - Far-out Karena mostly is used in English and Swedish, meaning of Karena is "Dear and The Pure" is a baby girl name has its origin in Italian and Old Greek. Karena is diminutive of Karen.
Namesakes of Cora
- Cora Campbell, Canadian water polo player
- Cora Sandel, Norwegian writer and painter
- Cora Crane, American businesswoman
- Cora Diamond, American philosopher
- Cora Coralina, pseudonym of the Brazilian writer and poet Anna Lins dos Guimarães Peixoto Bretas
- Cora Pearl, nineteenth-century courtesan of the French demimonde
- Cora Witherspoon, American stage and film character actress whose career spanned nearly half a century
- Cora Taylor, Canadian writer
- Cora Venus Lunny, Irish violinist
- Cora Brown, first African-American woman elected to a state senate
- Cora Du Bois, American cultural anthropologist and a key figure in culture and personality studies and
- Cora L. V. Scott, was one of the best-known mediums of the Spiritualism movement of the last half of the 19th century
- Cora Taylor Casselman, Canadian federal politician
- Coral Joice in Two Gorgeous Slave Models Get Disgraced in Public European Fuckfest! as Actress
- Coraly Zahonero in Nelly & Monsieur Arnaud as Actress
- Coralie Charriol Paul in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps as Actress
- Coraleen Waddell in Diary ng panget as Actress
- Actor Cora Baird, renowned for tvMovie The Strange Case of the Cosmic Rays
- In 1994 drama movie, A Worn Path, Cora Lee Day played Phoenix Jackson.
- In 2000, Cora Frost portrayed the role of Eva in comedy, drama flick Paradiso - Sieben Tage mit sieben Frauen.
- Cora Green, from 1939 crime and drama movie Moon Over Harlem, who played Minnie.
- In 1985, Cora Miao portrayed the role of Liang Bo-Er in drama flick Nu ren xin.
- Cora Williams, from 1927 drama movie The Great Mail Robbery, who characterized the Mrs. Davis.
- Cora Linnea, from drama and fantasy flick And Home We Came, who played Anna.
- Cora Goffin played central character of Mary President in 1922 crime, drama flick Down Under Donovan.
- In 2007 drama film, Issaittuq (Waterproof), Cora Akkitirq characterized N.
Lists having Cora
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Cor
- Girl names that ends with -ora
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Maiden
- Baby Names that mean Pool
- Baby Names that mean Girl
- Baby Names that mean Virgin
- Baby Names that mean Little