Eddie meaning and origin
Trendy and Enduring Eddie is originated from Old English and German is used in English, Danish, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian bestowed upon both boys and girls, meaning of Eddie is "Names Beginning with Ed, Form of Edward, Guardian of Prosperity, Wealthy Defender, Possession or Spear". Eddie is version of unfading and desirable Edison. Edison's meaning is Son of Edward and Eduarda is originated from Old English is used commonly in English. Eddie is shortened form of Edward. Edward is English equivalent of Eadweard. Renowned and Perpetual Edward is originated from German and Old English languages, Edward means "Guardian of Possession and Wealth and Keep". Eddie is a short form of Edric. Widely Accepted and Venerable Edric has its origin in Old English, Edric means "Wealthy Ruler and Rich Ruler". Eddie is English equivalent of Names Containing the Name Element Aud. The name is celebrated on January 5th.
Variants of Eddie
View middle names that goes with Eddie like Gana, Yasmin, Jameson, Oren, Murray, Jace,Names that rhyme with Eddie
Popularity of Eddie
Eddie was a popular name in United States. Over 225372 babies have been named Eddie since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1910, it ranked 59th when 4455 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 264 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names a staggering 56 times
A common name in England and Wales having over 2419 recievers in 24 years of usage. Currently peaked at the charts, 240 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 217th position. Also, In France, Eddie was once a common name since emerging in 1944 it has been given to over 4396 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1956,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 85 years. Also, A common name in Sweden with over 2015 new-borns have been given the name since 1998. At the peak of its usage in 2011, 188 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 74th position.
Eddie is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 24 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 300. There are over 211 babies that have been given the name Eddie in Ireland. However things change on global perspective, Eddie is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 1000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in England, Malaysia, Ghana, South Africa, Madagascar and Canada. At least, 460000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Here's what numbers has to say about Eddie
You are persistent but without motivation, you won't accomplish anything. You believe traveling helps you grow your spiritual potential. As a lover, you are passionate. You can become a great leader if you want. The question is how do you want to succeed in life? You should stop hoping that everyone will understand and support you. To have dreams you want to accomplish means having a reason to wake up in the morning.
If you like Eddie, you would love these names
- Leonard - Eternal and Famous Leonard is used in Swedish, Danish and Icelandic, Leonard means "Strong as the Lion, Hardy or Like a Lion", rooted from Old High German and Germanic is usually used for both boys and girls. Among boy names, noteworthy Leonard managed to reach 473 in year 1999 in United States
- Paige means Little Child, Young Servant or Page is rooted from Middle, Old Greek and English chiefly used in Arabic and English is bestowed upon both sexes
- Sally - Used mostly in Swedish, English and Norwegian durable and prominent, Sally aimed at both sexes, Sally means "Noble Lady or Princess" has its origin in Anglo-Saxon and Hebrew
- Tracey - Principally used in English and English frequently used, Tracey is originated from Old Greek and Old French and a gender-neutral name, meaning of Tracey is "Harvester, France or Place of Thracius"
- Holly - Used principally in Swedish and Norwegian long standing and famous, Holly has its origin in Old English and English, Holly means "Shrub with Red Berries, Holly or To Prick" is mostly given to both sexes
Namesakes of Eddie
- Eddie Blazonczyk, Eddie Blazonczyk, Sr
- Eddie López, United States heavyweight boxing fighter
- Eddie Waring, British rugby league football coach
- Eddie Braben, English comedy writer and performer best
- Eddie Torres, salsa dance instructor
- Eddie Carmel, entertainer with gigantism and subsequent acromegaly resulting
- Eddie Timanus, 'Jeopardy!' champion and 'USA Today' sportswriter
- Eddie Ellison, retired English Detective Chief Superintendent of police
- Eddie Jones, Australian rugby union coach and former player
- Eddie Miró, television show host
- Eddie Bohan,
- Eddie Jones, American actor
- Eddie Landsberg, Tokyo-based, Philadelphia-born jazz organist, best
- Eddie Duffy, traditional Irish musician
- Eddie Barclay, French music producer whose singers included Jacques Brel
- Eddie Calvert, English trumpeter
- Eddie Anthony, American country blues and jazz musician
- Eddie Chiles, founder of the Western Company of North America and an owner of the Texas Rangers
- Eddie Constantine, American actor and singer
- Eddie Crook Jr., Edward "Eddie" Crook Jr
- Eddie Dowling, American actor, screenwriter, playwright, director
- Eddie Quigley, English football player and manager
- Eddie Milne, British Labour politician
- Eddie Lowery, American caddie
- Eddie Hemmings, English rugby league commentator
- Eddie Elias, was best known as the founder of the Professional Bowlers Association
- Eddie Ashworth, record producer, engineer, mixer, musician
- Eddie Wade, Irish former Fianna Fáil politician
- Eddie Cooper, British actor
- Eddie Stapleton, outstanding Australian Rugby union winger
- Eddie Berganza, American former comics writer and editor
- Eddie Mae Steward, was
- Eddie Germano, cartoonist
- Eddie Dombrower, American computer game and video game designer
- Eddie Lawrence, American monologist, actor, singer, lyricist, playwright, artist, director and television personality
- Eddie del Mar, Filipino actor famous for portraying Philippine hero José Rizal
- Eddie Kornhauser, was one of the most prolific property developers on the Queensland Gold Coast
- Eddie Chapman, English football player and chairman
- Eddie Benitez, guitarist
- Eddie Donovan, professional basketball coach and executive
- Eddie Fontaine, American actor and singer
- Eddie Patterson, former manager of NIFL Premiership clubs Cliftonville and Glentoran
- Eddie Cooper, English cricketer: a right-handed batsman
- Eddie Mekka,
- Eddie Hinton, American songwriter and session musician best
- Eddie Butler, Israeli singer
- Eddie Garafola, Gambino crime family captain
- Eddie Klep, was born in Erie, Pennsylvania
- Eddie South, American jazz violinist
- Eddie Yokley, Democratic American politician from Greeneville
- Eddie Richey in Phoenix as Writer
- Eddie Saeta in Brian's Song as Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Eddie Simonsen in Efter brylluppet as Sound Department
- Eddie Yang in Iron Man as Special Effects
- Eddie Ritchard in Don't Be Afraid of the Dark as Actress
- Eddie Daniels in Ken Park as Actress
- Eddie Hazel Edward Earl "Eddie" Hazel was a pioneer and influential guitarist in the early days of funk music in the United States, famous for his work as the lead guitarist with the Parliament-Funkadelic group.
- Eddie Murphy is notable for his acting in movie Dreamgirls
- Eddie Allen, from 2013 drama flick Fighting for Freedom, who characterized Hugh Jobbs.
- Eddie Arenas, from 1953 action, adventure movie Diwani, who portrayed N.
- Eddie Arnell, from 1989 romance film Coeurs de couleur, who characterized Jean-Paul.
- In 1937, Eddie Barefield portrayed the role of Saxophonist - Cotton Club Orchestra in crime film Gangsters on the Loose.
- Eddie Barry, from 1925 action and adventure film Crack o' Dawn, who portrayed Toby Timkins.
- In 1980, Eddie Barth portrayed the role of Angelo in drama and music film Fame.
- In 1936, Eddie Billimoria characterized the role of Dilipsingh In movie Sipahi Ki Sajni.
- Eddie Brownell, from 1929 film Broken Hearted, who characterized N.
- In 1977 biography and drama film, Rubens, schilder en diplomaat, Eddie Brugman played Peter Pourbus.
- In 1940, Eddie Cantor characterized the role of Gilbert Jordan Thompson in drama movie Forty Little Mothers.
- Eddie Davis, from 1936 action and drama flick Step on It, who played the Frisco.
- In 1946, Eddie Dean portrayed the role of Eddie Dean in action and adventure movie Wild West.
- Eddie Dennis played significant role of Anteater Jake in 1924 comedy, western movie Rainbow Rangers.
- Eddie Dew played leading role of Dave Stone in 1944 action and adventure movie The Old Texas Trail.
- In 1926 action flick, One Punch O'Day, Eddie Diggins played Kid Martin.
- Eddie Eisele, from 2015 adventure and fantasy flick Tophy, who portrayed Mayor Wilson.
- In 1965 action movie, Hong Kong 999, Eddie Fernandez characterized Lagalag.
- In 1925 action and adventure movie, The Flame Fighter, Eddie Fetherston portrayed Ned Carney.
- In 1956 comedy and musical flick, Bundle of Joy, Eddie Fisher played Dan Merlin.
- In 1930, Eddie Friedlander played the role of Eddie Rabinowitz in flick My Jewish Mother.
- Eddie Green, from 1939 comedy and musical film What Goes Up, who played Eddie.
- Eddie Gutierrez played leading role of N in 1991 action flick Uubusin ko ang lahi mo.
- Eddie Jayamanne portrayed the small role of Andare's brother in 1976 comedy movie Kolomba Sanniya.
- Eddie Mesa portrayed leading role of N in 1959 action, musical movie Rolling Rockers.
- Eddie Mills portrayed critical character of John Hemphill in 1998 comedy and drama film Dancer, Texas Pop. 81.
- In 1975 comedy and drama flick, Happiness Is..., Eddie Moran portrayed Chris.
- Eddie O'Brien, from 1924 drama movie Waterfront Wolves, who played the Chief of Police.
- Eddie Pequenino, from 1965 comedy and drama movie Extraña invasión, who portrayed the N.
Lists having Eddie
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that ends with -die
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1958)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2015)
- Baby Names that mean Beginning
- Baby Names that mean Guardian
- Baby Names that mean Prosperity
- Baby Names that mean Wealthy
- Baby Names that mean Defender
- Baby Names that mean Wealth
- Baby Names that mean Protector
- Baby Names that mean Guard
- Baby Names that mean Possession
- Baby Names that mean Spear