Elina name meaning
On This Page
What does Elina mean?
Unfading and Widely Accepted Elina is used prevalently in Bengali, Faroese, Kannada, Norwegian, Hindi, Icelandic, Sindhi, Marathi, Swedish, Malayalam, French, Tamil, Telugu, Old Norse, Gujarati, Danish, Scandinavian, Nordic, English, Finnish and Oriya, Elina means "Woman with Intelligence, Pure, Intelligent, Light, Moon Elope, Moon, Splash of the Sun, Shining, the Other, My God is Yahweh or Brilliant" bestowed upon girls has origin in Old Greek.
Elina is derived from Ellen. Ellen is variant of HelenHelen. Also Ellen is variant of long standing and widespread Eleonora. Ellen is also variant of Its Variants. Ellen is also variant of durable and widespread Helene.
Ellen is also variation of perpetual and darling Gabriella. Ellen is English form of Helene. Also Ellen is Norwegian form of Ellend. Origin of Darling and Evergreen Ellen is in Old Provençal and Old Greek, meaning of Ellen is "Brightness and Sun Ray".
Elina is a diminutive of Eleanor. Eleanor is derivation of Helen. Eleanor is English form of Eleonora. Origin of Frequently Used and Venerable Eleanor is in Old Greek and Old Provençal, meaning of Eleanor is "Light, Torch and Shinning Light".
Elina is effeminate variation of Elias. Elias is form of Elijah in Italian language. Elias is also Latin form of Ilias. Elias is also Latin cognate of Helge. Elias means Jehovah is God and Name of One Prophet came from Hebrew and English.
Also Elina is Nordic cognate of Helena.
Is Elina a suitable baby name?
Elina is a charming and unique name for a baby girl that exudes positivity, energy and brightness. With its Greek origin, the name Elina carries a deep significance of being associated with light, torch and Helen.
The name has an aura of warmth and radiance which makes it perfect for parents who want to give their little girl a bright and cheerful start in life. Elina is also easy to pronounce and spell, making it an excellent choice for parents who want their child's name to be simple yet elegant.
Overall, Elina is a delightful name that reflects the beauty of nature and can bring joy to anyone who hears it.
How do I pronounce Elina?
Three syllabled Elina is pronounced as e-li-na.
Variants of Elina
Middle Names for Elina
Giulia, Cne, Luana, Xyla, view more middle names that goes with ElinaNames that rhyme with Elina
How popular is the name Elina?
Elina was a popular name in France. Over 11314 babies have been given the first name in 118 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2013, 613 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 106th position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 118 years but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 52 times
Elina is a common name in United States given to over 4018 babies in 87 years.
Currently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 998th spot and 259 baby girls were given the name. Also, Elina is a common name in Switzerland given to over 2519 babies in 21 years.
Recently at its peak, it ranked 22nd when 226 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Elina was a common name in Sweden. Over 1207 babies have been named Elina since 1998.
When at the peak of its usage in 2003,. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Elina is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, 64 babies were given Elina and it reached its peak ranking, 211 on girl names chart. Over 300 babies in Netherlands have been named Elina. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 121 on girl names chart when 81 babies were given the name Elina. There are over 978 babies that have been given the name Elina in Belgium.
Elina is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 772 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Elina.
Over 684 babies in England and Wales have been named Elina. The given name is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. But Elina is a popular baby name in Russia where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Uzbekistan, Tanzania, Zambia, Finland, Mozambique, Argentina, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Indonesia, Turkmenistan, Brazil, Namibia and Haiti.
As per our estimate, over 300000 babies have been bestowed Elina around the globe.
Elina in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Elina?
You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way. Stop trying and focus on yourself only. Letter A at the end of your name foreshadows your high ambition to become someone in life. To have letter A as your capstone in your name represents your wild personality, individuality, originality and ambitious spirit. Having letter A at the end of your name symbolizes your free thinking and an open mind.
Other names similar to Elina
- Jorris - Jorris means "Worker of the Earth" came from Greek
- Melany - Admired Melany is originated from Old Greek, Melany means "The Dark or The Black" which is prevalently used in Swedish and Norwegian is used as a unisex name
- Gregry - The rare boy name Gregry is originated from Old Greek, Gregry means "Vigilant Watchman and Watchful". Gregry is a derivative of Gregory.
- Dorkas means Gazelle is used prevalently in Greek and English. It is rooted from Aramaic is bestowed upon baby girls
- Ebe - Unorthodox Ebe is originated from Old Greek is used as a girl name, Ebe means "Youthful Like a Flower"
Sibling Names for Elina
Elina is a beautiful name that has been gaining popularity among new parents. If you're looking for inspiration for your baby's sibling names, we've compiled a list of unique and trendy options that would perfectly complement Elina. From classic names to modern monikers, there's something for everyone on this list!
Sister for Elina
Brother to Elina
Famous people named Elina
- Elina Bystritskaya, Soviet and Russian actress best
- Elina Linna, Swedish Left Party politician
- Elina Hirvonen, Finnish writer
- Elina Kettunen, Finnish former competitive figure skater
- Elina Fuhrman, award-winning journalist, best-selling author
- Elina Löwensohn, Romanian-American actress
- Elina Born is an Estonian singer.
- Elina Aalto in TV series Siamin tyt�t as Actress
- In 1949, Elina Colomer portrayed the role of N in comedy film El hombre de las sorpresas.
- Elina De Witt, from 1969 action and adventure movie Isabella, duchessa dei diavoli, who played Marguerite Fontaine and Marguerite von Nutter.
- In 1991 drama, thriller movie, Punainen huone, Elina Hurme portrayed Raisa.
- Elina Labourdette portrayed the leading character of Catherine Villard in 1952 crime and drama flick Ouvert contre X....
- Elina Pohjanpää, from 1954 comedy, romance flick Kasarmin tytär, who characterized Irmeli.
- Elina Salo played the important character of Rouva Sjöholm in 1996 comedy, drama flick Kauas pilvet karkaavat.
- Elina Akritidou played central role of N in 1996 movie Theodora i agia ton ftoxon.
- In 2015 drama film, Onnesta, Elina Hietala characterized Irma.
- Elina Reinikka characterized the central role of Lia in 2013 comedy and drama flick Romanssi.
Lists having Elina
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Sindhi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lina
- Girl names that starts with Eli
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Intelligence
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Intelligent
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Elope
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Brilliant