Enoch name meaning
What does Enoch mean?
Meaning of Enoch is Vowed, Dedicated or Devoted is used dominantly in Swedish, Danish, German, Norwegian, Welsh, Finnish and English. It is rooted from Hebrew is used as a baby boy name. Enoch is Greek and Latin cognate of The Hebrew Name חֲנוֹך = Dedicated.
Is Enoch a suitable baby name?
Enoch is a popular baby boy name that has been in use for centuries. One of the unique features of this name is its Hebrew origin, which means "Dedicated". This name has a strong religious connotation, as it was used to honor individuals who were regarded as faithful and devoted to their beliefs. Enoch has also gained popularity due to its simplicity and easy pronunciation. It is a timeless name that sounds classic and modern at the same time, making it an ideal choice for parents who want a meaningful and distinctive name for their son. Additionally, the popularity of biblical names continues to rise, making Enoch an excellent option for parents looking for a traditional yet stylish baby boy name.
How do I pronounce Enoch?
EE-knockorEE-nuk is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Enoch. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on first EE syllable. It can also be pronounced as e-no-ch.
Variants of EnochNames that rhyme with Enoch
How popular is the name Enoch?
Enoch is a common name in United States given to over 10790 babies in 139 years. At present the name is rising, in 1880, the moniker grabbed the 200th spot and 340 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to Enoch is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 867 on boy names chart when 33 babies were named Enoch. There are over 418 babies that have been given the name Enoch in England and Wales.
Enoch is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 2002 and achieved its top ranking of 348 in 2002. In France, it has been in use since 2000 and peaked in 2015 when it ranked 1773rd. But Enoch is a popular baby name in Ghana where every 1 in 700 have the name as well as in, Nigeria and South Africa. At least, 90000 people globally have carried Enoch as their given name according to our evaluation.
Enoch in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Enoch
With time, you will gather the courage to make the first step toward your goal. Things don't have to go according to the plan all the time because life would be boring as hell if they did. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. You are a thermal person who teaches people the importance of questioning and awareness. Besides being hard-working by nature, you are also independent and like to handle things your way.
Do you like Enoch? Other names you would love
- Paxton - Customary Paxton came from Latin and Old English is used majorly in English, German and Irish aimed at both sexes, meaning of Paxton is "Settlement, Peaceful Town or Homestead". In 2018, predominant name Paxton captured 221st position among baby boy names in United States
- Omer - Meaning of Omer is Eloquent or Bundle of Grain, Wealth or Famous or First Son is originated from Arabic and German, used in Hebrew and Arabic is a gender insensitive name
- Sonja - Mostly used in Faroese, Icelandic and Russian darling, Sonja aimed at both sexes, meaning of Sonja is "Skill or Wisdom" has its origin in Old Greek
- Hilton - Eternal and Illustrous Hilton particulary is used in English, meaning of Hilton is "From the Town Or Estate on the Hill or From the Town on the Hill". It is rooted from Old English is bestowed upon both boys and girls
- Elisa - Predominant and Ever lasting unisex name Elisa means "God is Fullness, God's Promise or Spanish Form of Elizabeth Consecrated to God" that originated from Hebrew is used mainly in Norwegian, Gujarati and English
Sibling Names for Enoch
If you're searching for a perfect sibling name for your little one named Enoch, we've got you covered! Here is a list of unique and charming names that will complement Enoch's name perfectly. These names are not only beautiful but also have deep meanings and origins, making them an excellent choice for siblings.
For a sister
Brother to Enoch
Famous people named Enoch
- Enoch, Enoch was son of Jared and fathered Methuselah
- Enoch Poor, brigadier general in the Continental Army
- Enoch Sontonga, composer of "Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika"
- Enoch West, English footballer
- Enoch Bolles, American painter of pin-up art
- Enoch Light, classically trained violinist, danceband leader
- Enoch A. Holtwick, American educator with a long record of actively supporting the temperance movement
- Enoch Wedgwood, of Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent
- Enoch Dogolea, Liberian politician
- Enoch Hale, Col
- Enoch Cobb Wines, American Congregational minister and prison reform advocate
- Enoch George, American
- Enoch Olinga, was born to a Ugandan family of the Iteso ethnic group
- Enoch Tanner Wickham, self-taught folk artist
- Enoch Zundel ben Joseph, Russian Talmudist best known as author of a commentary on Midrash Rabbah
- Enoch Mudge, first native New Englander to be ordained as a Methodist minister
- Enoch Lewis, West Indies cricketer
- Enoch H. Pardee, American medical doctor and politician
- Enoch Seeman, was born in Danzig, now Gdańsk, Poland
- Enoch Edwards, British trade unionist and politician
- Enoch Wood Perry Jr., Enoch Wood Perry Jr
- Enoch Moore, son of Samuel Moore U.E. and Rachel Stone, married Elizabeth Smith, daughter of James Smith and Hannah Hawksworth
- Enoch Powell, British politician, classical scholar, author
- Enoch Pratt, American businessman in Baltimore, Maryland
- Enoch Dumbutshena, distinguished Zimbabwean judge
- Enoch Crowder, American Army lawyer
- Enoch Louis Lowe, served as the 29th Governor of the state of Maryland
- Enoch Derant Lakoué, Central African politician
- Enoch Hood, founder member of Port Vale F.C. and was the first recorded team captain
- Enoch Jeavons, English first-class cricketer
- Enoch L. Johnson, Atlantic City, New Jersey political boss, Sheriff of Atlantic County
- Enoch Bagshaw, American football player and coach
- Enoch Bartlett, merchant and farmer from Dorchester, Massachusetts
- Enoch Lincoln, U.S. Representative from Massachusetts and
- Enoch Cook, English cricketer
- Enoch J. Rector, American boxing film promoter and early cinema technician
- Enoch-Jude Danquah in The March Sisters at Christmas as Actor
- Enoch Frost in Guardians of the Galaxy as Actor
- Enoch Adeboye Enoch Adejare Adeboye is a Nigerian pastor and general supervisor of the Christian Church of God's repurchased one Pentecostal church
- Enoch Smith Jr. in short I Want You as Composer
Lists having Enoch
- Biblical Boy Names
- Boy names beginning with E
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Welsh Boy Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Dedicated
- Baby Names that mean Devoted
- Baby Names that mean Disciple
- Baby Names that mean Consecrated